NCAA Softball Tournament Seedings

Wow!  Somewhat surprised that we are slated to play someone as high as Arizona (#6).  Colorado State is no slouch, either.  I thought we'd go somewhere in the 10-14 range.  Arizona just beat UCLA 2 of 3.  uat has to be a bit disappointed at their 8 seed.  Some had them as high as #2, with 4 or 5 being the most common.  That means they have to go through Oklahoma in OKC, assuming they win their super.  Also surprised that Florida was #5; figured them for 7 or 8.  Now I see that A&M is in, meaning all SEC teams are in.  Now another shocker:  Ole Miss is #11.  Most observers had them 16 or so, maybe not hosting.

25 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Wow!  Somewhat surprised that we are slated to play someone as high as Arizona (#6).  Colorado State is no slouch, either.  I thought we'd go somewhere in the 10-14 range.  Arizona just beat UCLA 2 of 3.  uat has to be a bit disappointed at their 8 seed.  Some had them as high as #2, with 4 or 5 being the most common.  That means they have to go through Oklahoma in OKC, assuming they win their super.  Also surprised that Florida was #5; figured them for 7 or 8.  Now I see that A&M is in, meaning all SEC teams are in.  Now another shocker:  Ole Miss is #11.  Most observers had them 16 or so, maybe not hosting.

How good of a chance do you think we have of getting out of that regional whiskey?! WAR EAGLE!!!

Odds are against us,especially with our reduced pitching situation..  Arizona has a lot of power.  We'd have a decent chance if we still had Martin, with her drop ball.

Auburn gets a tough draw. Imagine that. 

Last year, our RPI was 18 and we got sent to 6 seed FSU. That was actually worse than this year´s seeding. I wish softball followed the S-curve for seeding. It´s more about who can bus in (just look at the Tennessee, Texas, and Northwestern regionals... nothing but teams that can drive in). FSU was the only non-SEC host in the South that we could bus to, but they sent South Carolina there. Arizona needed a 2-seed to fly in as no one else was close so it makes sense. 

Ole miss is not winning that regional.  UL Lafayette will win that.  50 win season for Glasco. That team has rallied around the loss of his daughter a few months ago.  They have picked him up and developed a close bond that only something like that can do.  I am surprised they didn't get a host to be honest, regardless of the RPI. That is a great team. 

Now I hope they prove me right lol. 

Tulsa defeated Arkansas 5-0 in the first game of the tournament, a bit of an upset.  OK State beat BYU 3-1 in the second game.  This or Northwestern is the regional we were aligned to play in, RPI-wise. 

Edit:  And now Arkansas becomes the first team to head home after losing to BYU today.

In perhaps the biggest stunner of the tournament, 9 seed Texas lost to Sam Houston State 2-1.  The Horns go into the losers' bracket today against aTm.  Some juicy games on tap today.  Georgia vs. Drake was a great game last night, UGA finally prevailing in 8 innings with a 2-run homer.  The Dogs get Minny today.  James Madison is at Michigan, and Texas Tech at LSU.  The 50-win Ragin' Cajuns are at Ole Miss.  OK State is poised to be the first team to make the supers, with one more win over Tulsa.  Our game at 5 Central.

Ole miss scores a bunch in first game,  gets blanked by the Cajuns, then scores a bunch next game.  Cajuns are tough to beat once, let alone twice.  I expect them to move on.  Really hope Auburn can somehow pull this out.  Auburn would come to town to face the hometown Cajuns for Supers, which just so happens to start on my birthday! Sounds like a good destination for a birthday party lol.  Gotta get there first. 

Side note:  I hate them playing together in same regional or super like them going to Auburn a few years ago. I want both to make Series, but alas.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so tacked it on here.  Just looked at the final RPI of the season, and we finished at 20, which was 7th among SEC schools.  Ahead of UGA, South Carolina,, Arkansas, Miss. St., and aTm.  Here's a link to the list:  http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/final-2019-rpi-10158668?pid=1308751486

• ellitor changed the title to NCAA Softball Tournament Seedings
7 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so tacked it on here.  Just looked at the final RPI of the season, and we finished at 20, which was 7th among SEC schools.  Ahead of UGA, South Carolina,, Arkansas, Miss. St., and aTm.  Here's a link to the list:  http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/final-2019-rpi-10158668?pid=1308751486

SEC lost some ground nationally this season.  ....and AU too but I'm of the opinion that Martin's injury was probably worth about half a dozen or more places in the national  RPI rankings and several steps in the SEC too. . 

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

SEC lost some ground nationally this season.  ....and AU too but I'm of the opinion that Martin's injury was probably worth about half a dozen or more places in the national  RPI rankings and several steps in the SEC too. . 

More importantly than all that we would’ve been a regional host had she not been injured.

Archived