Next Play-by-Play Broadcaster (Update 8/12: Andy Burcham)

tigeraddikt

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I love the bias and complaining. Still have not got over Stabler's "run in the mud 1967". Bammer tackled our would be tackler in the backfield and blatantly so. 

Announcers complained, Coach Jordan complained. I still complain. 

Congrats to Andy. Great person and sure he is honored and humbled. Feel that Rod would be pleased. Who knows, maybe he is. 

I was at that game. It was plain as day. 

i guess i missed it but is auburtn going to do anything for rod this year like initials on helmets or whatever in his honor? i bet they are but i have seen nor heard nothing...........

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 12:28 PM, aubiefifty said:

i guess i missed it but is auburtn going to do anything for rod this year like initials on helmets or whatever in his honor? i bet they are but i have seen nor heard nothing...........

There’s a thread on it now.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I love the bias and complaining. Still have not got over Stabler's "run in the mud 1967". Bammer tackled our would be tackler in the backfield and blatantly so. 

Announcers complained, Coach Jordan complained. I still complain. 

Several years ago (2004 to be exact) I met the guy who was bammer's center on that play. Sevens? Stewart? He said that they had been told during game preparations that the play wouldn't work unless they could get Gusty Yearout out of the mix and the plan was to hold him from the get-go. Their TE (Dixon)? was the designated holder, it didn't get called and that's that. Some measure of revenge: By the time I met this guy he had four daughters and all four went to Auburn. :)

Archived