Warren apologizes for 'mistakes' at Native American Presidential Forum

DKW 86

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on Monday appeared on stage at the first ever Native American presidential forum in Sioux City, Iowa, just days after the Democratic presidential candidate released a set of major policy proposals geared toward solving issues facing tribal nations. Warren began by apologizing for "harm I have caused," referencing her previous claimed tribal heritage. Those claims sparked controversy that was exacerbated after Warren released DNA test results that revealed she had Native American ancestry. Warren's efforts to make amends have included policy proposals like instituting a Cabinet-level position for Native American affairs; an influx of money toward housing, health care, and infrastructure on tribal lands; a restoration of lands to indigenous communities; and more attention to the high rates of murdered and missing Native American women.

All along, I have said that all Warren needed to do was to stick the apology to the Native American Voters and she would well on her way to the White House. But until now, she has bawked at a full throat apology. Well, today she may have finally cleared the last obstacle in her way...Pride. 

She has now deleted her DNA info off her facebook and twitter sites .... hhhmmm

Maybe she should really apologize for being so abysmal at basic math. 

16 hours ago, japantiger said:

Hhhhhmmmm, I didn't hear her say "I am sorry for lying about being an India".  

You're correct -- her apology"was for the "harm I have caused" which is a little self-serving since the harm she caused was to her own reputation.  To her credit, her actions of publicly insisting she/her family has Native American roots didn't harm one single tribal member.  So ... ... there's that. 

This runs along with the kind of thinking that goes: "I'm very sorry I robbed the bank. I've already spent the money and can't give it back but don't punish me for that because I'm really, really sorry." LMAO!

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I thought  that wasn’t a requirement anymore. 

It takes a bizarre kind of delusion to declare (pretend?) you are a different race than that you really are.  Rachael Dolezal anyone?  In Warren's case, she kept up the lie to burnish her credentials early in her career and has only now tired to distance herself from the whole charade because it doesn't play well in the national electorate.  She's apparently discovered that voters outside of MA are much harder to fool.   On the plus side, this shows active learning.  Old dogs can learn new tricks(!) 

4 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

It takes a bizarre kind of delusion to declare (pretend?) you are a different race than that you really are.  Rachael Dolezal anyone?  In Warren's case, she kept up the lie to burnish her credentials early in her career and has only now tired to distance herself from the whole charade because it doesn't play well in the national electorate.  She's apparently discovered that voters outside of MA are much harder to fool.   On the plus side, this shows active learning.  Old dogs can learn new tricks(!) 

If we could only say that about more of our national politicians...
and a few of the posters around here...If only they could keep on living and learning...:big:

5 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

She hardly did what Dolezal did.

Like so many politicians, she was trying to buy votes by 'assimilating' or claiming to be what she/he isn't.  It just backfired massively so she changed course to mea culpa. 

8 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Like so many politicians, she was trying to buy votes by 'assimilating' or claiming to be what she/he isn't.  It just backfired massively so she changed course to mea culpa. 

What are you talking about?

Archived