NY Gov. Cuomo Is A Racist?

Tiger Sue

he is right about what he said. they were called that and probably still are. funny you try to call him out when we all know how racist trump is. the things people have been saying and pointing out about trump are becoming glaringly true and it is to the point where his supporters are either dense or continue to lie to themselves. i did not vote for hill because i was not sure she was good for america. why can't you folks across the aisle admit the same with your boy? how much damage does one pserson have to do until you quit doing partisan politics and take up for the country?

Resign?  No.  Context matters here.  He wasn't calling anyone the n-word.

But he should probably apologize and really not use that word at all.  He could have easily just said "n-word" instead of the actual word and gotten his point across.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Resign?  No.  Context matters here.  He wasn't calling anyone the n-word.

But he should probably apologize and really not use that word at all.  He could have easily just said "n-word" instead of the actual word and gotten his point across.

So blackface is reason for resignation although nothing was said ( and very likely nothing intended) but actually using the n-word in a live interview is not?

2 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

So blackface is reason for resignation although nothing was said ( and very likely nothing intended) but actually using the n-word in a live interview is not?

Blackface takes forethought and is universally seen as racist.  Again, he didn't use the word in a negative context.  I know you want to try to equivocate a gotcha moment, but it's not there.  He didn't call anyone the n-word.  He compared it's use to the use of a deragotory term for another ethnicity.  There's a monster difference.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Blackface takes forethought and is universally seen as racist.  Again, he didn't use the word in a negative context.  I know you want to try to equivocate a gotcha moment, but it's not there.  He didn't call anyone the n-word.  He compared it's use to the use of a deragotory term for another ethnicity.  There's a monster difference.

In  your way of thinking not mine. By yours I guess Aunt Jemimah Pancakes and syrup were racist. Blackface wasn't thought of as racist in those days.

Just now, Tiger Sue said:

In  your way of thinking not mine. By yours I guess Aunt Jemimah Pancakes and syrup were racist. Blackface wasn't thought of as racist in those days.

I mean, they kinda are racist.  I understand they likely aren't changing, but it doesn't make it not at least somewhat racist.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I mean, they kinda are racist.  I understand they likely aren't changing, but it doesn't make it not at least somewhat racist.

Weak😀

Do you honestly think if a prominent GOP person used the n-word in a TV interview all hell would break loose?

3 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Weak😀

Do you honestly think if a prominent GOP person used the n-word in a TV interview all hell would break loose?

I honestly believe in looking at the context of any comment/situation.  It's called analyzing things as they happen on an individual basis.  The gotcha game playing and blue team/red team schtick is tiring.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I honestly believe in looking at the context of any comment/situation.  It's called analyzing things as they happen on an individual basis. ---not everybody would see it the same way so that isn't the answer.

The gotcha game playing and blue team/red team schtick is tiring.

And I honestly disagree so we move on.

1 hour ago, Tiger Sue said:

Blackface wasn’t thought of as racist? Neither was separate but equal at the time. But both were.

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Blackface wasn’t thought of as racist? Neither was separate but equal at the time. But both were.

Segregation was but blackface wasn't perceived as racist for a long time as I understand it. But most of that was before my time.

2 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

Segregation was but blackface wasn't perceived as racist for a long time as I understand it. But most of that was before my time.

White folks doing blackface were either oblivious or unconcerned with it being racist. What’s the point of it?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

White folks doing blackface were either oblivious or unconcerned with it being racist. What’s the point of it?

Not many people back then apparently were just unaware that blackface was offensive, just like Aunt Jemimah, Little Black Sambo, etc. I doubt it ever occurred to them it was racist.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Not many people back then apparently were just unaware that blackface was offensive, just like Aunt Jemimah, Little Black Sambo, etc. I doubt it ever occurred to them it was racist.

Now you’re a spokesperson for what black people used to find offensive. Interesting what you choose to dismiss. Why do you feel compelled to even claim to know?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Now you’re a spokesperson for what black people used to find offensive.-----not at all. I thought that was you

Interesting what you choose to dismiss.----interesting because you can't refute it

Why do you feel compelled to even claim to know?---I don't. Same question to you.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Good grief. :-\

As if their feelings about it would have counted for anything. And who the hell are you to say what they thought?

Just now, homersapien said:

Good grief. :-\

As if their feelings about it would have counted for anything. And who the hell are you to say what they thought?

Where did I say I knew what they thought. You are the one always doing that to other posters.

4 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

Not by whites, you ninny. But parody of racial stereotypes is inherently racist.

How old are you anyway?  Maybe that explains your perspective on life, which is totally naive.

1 minute ago, Tiger Sue said:

Where did I say I knew what they thought. You are the one always doing that to other posters.

"I doubt it ever occurred to them it was racist."

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

"I doubt it ever occurred to them it was racist."

I guess you don't know the difference between "I doubt" and "I know" since you think you know everything.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I guess you don't know the difference between "I doubt" and "I know" since you think you know everything.

How could one "doubt it would have occurred to them" without assuming how they thought about it?  :dunno:

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

How could you "doubt it would have occurred to them it was racist" without assuming how they thought about it?

Assuming is not knowing. You are  weak tonight.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Assuming is not knowing. You are  weak tonight.

Fine.  Then who are you to assume what they thought?

And you are an idiot.  Every night.

Archived