Taggert fired at FSU

PigskinPat

FSU meets a very important criteria. There are 3 Waffle House's in town. 

Screenshot_20191104-065751~2.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard from two people there might be something out in the public eye by Thursday. Makes me think it'll either be a coach who's retired/not coaching or someone who isn't tied down at his current job. Something to keep an eye on.

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

They're either high, drunk or hung over...

I've been to Tallahassee enough to know it's all the above. They just don't want to be embarrassingly bad anymore.

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Noles247 seems to think Bob Stoops is snooping around campus today. 

I truly miss the silliness of coaching searches. It is so fun. One of the main reasons I want Gus gone (BESIDES THE OBVIOUS reasons lol). The absurdity of it all is intoxicating and addictive. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I truly miss the silliness of coaching searches. It is so fun. One of the main reasons I want Gus gone (BESIDES THE OBVIOUS reasons lol). The absurdity of it all is intoxicating and addictive. 

Remember when Mark Helfrich was going to be our OC a few years back? There were literally posters on ITAT hanging around certain areas on campus to see if they could spot him.

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Remember when Mark Helfrich was going to be our OC a few years back? There were literally posters on ITAT hanging around certain areas on campus to see if they could spot him.

HAHAHAH I do remember. ANYTHING Gus related when it came to a big OC or DC opening in his tenure has been super boring besides the Muschamp hire. That was pretty exciting. Gus just makes everything boring and sucks the life out of everything! HEY!!!! Helfrich would of been perfect for Gus! He never has called plays before so him and Gus would of got along perfectly!!! lol. He could just be a big name figurehead OC only in title! That is all Malzahn wants in his OC anyways! lol.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol I still remember everyone praying that Muschamp would be our next coach. Everyone was so invested. Fun times 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Lol I still remember everyone praying that Muschamp would be our next coach. Everyone was so invested. Fun times 

2008 coaching search was freaking great.... BESIDES THE END RESULT!!!!!! hahahaha. At the time I had never ever been so mad in my life at something sports related!!! 5-19?!?! 5-19?!?!? WE WANT A LEADER NOT A LOOOOOOOOOOOSER indeed like the airport screamer said!!! lol

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2008 coaching search was freaking great.... BESIDES THE END RESULT!!!!!! hahahaha. At the time I had never ever been so mad in my life at something sports related!!! 5-19?!?! 5-19?!?!? WE WANT A LEADER NOT A LOOOOOOOOOOOSER indeed like the airport screamer said!!! lol

I was thinking that there is probably no way to get more than a third of this board happy about any future AU coach and probably FSU is the same.   Should be fun as you note. 

But then there is Auburn.   Thus far, in the eyes of many folks, our new AD (Greene) can do no wrong so it really won't matter who he brings to AU next 'cause so many people will be happy to see Gus gone, they will be enthusiastic about anyone Greene hires.....for a year....maybe.  .  

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This forum will break during the next coaching search. Outside of Urban Meyer and Stoops I’m not sure who people will be pining for. I don’t think either are legitimate options. Urban is going to USC to try and win every power 5 conference lol. Stoops ain’t coming back and he’s ancient anyways.

Josh Heupel might be a popular name but I’m not so sure. 

Some will unironically say Lashlee.

Others will say Norvell but he routinely gets out coached in the AAC.

Only two names interest me in an absolute dream world. Dabo and Peterson (Washington).   

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This forum will break during the next coaching search.

We will never get a big name guy. It's never happened so you have to look at the next tier.

Cristobal

Aranda

Tucker

Heupel

Fleck

Scott

Yurcich

Norvell

Freeze

Kiffen

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We will never get a big name guy. It's never happened so you have to look at the next tier.

Cristobal

Aranda

Tucker

Heupel

Scott

Yurcich

Norvell

Freeze

Kiffen

Anyone but Freeze and Kiffin 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Cristobal

Aranda

Tucker

Heupel

Scott

Yurcich

Norvell

Freeze

Kiffen

I may be in the minority here, but i would rather take a chance on a guy off this list than hire Stoops. I just feel like Stoops had his run and has peaked out.

I talked to a few people I know and browsed several FSU sites and their subreddit. They're either getting Stoops or they're all going to feel really dumb.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Cristobal

Aranda

Tucker

Heupel

Fleck

Scott

Yurcich

Norvell

Freeze

Kiffen

By Auburn past hiring standards these are all big name guys !

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This forum will break during the next coaching search. Outside of Urban Meyer and Stoops I’m not sure who people will be pining for. I don’t think either are legitimate options. Urban is going to USC to try and win every power 5 conference lol. Stoops ain’t coming back and he’s ancient anyways.

Josh Heupel might be a popular name but I’m not so sure. 

Some will unironically say Lashlee.

Others will say Norvell but he routinely gets out coached in the AAC.

Only two names interest me in an absolute dream world. Dabo and Peterson (Washington).   

With some of the names I have seen thrown around that our fan base wants....... I can tell YEAAAAAAAAAAARS of underwhelming hires has beat down almost our whole fanbase and they already are throwing out  typical "Auburn" names by guys that would be absolutely underwhelming hires. Auburn fans have been conditioned to not shoot for the stars when it come to who they want in coaching hires. I mean I do get it. It sucks but when Tubs is the most "splashy" hire in our history and he was just a middling coach at Ole Miss.  So yah we are clearly SETTLERS when it has come to coaching hires! lol. 

BUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!! THE ODDS ARE IN OUR FAVOR!!! I am confident *knock on wood* that our administration is done playing around in the sand box and wants to actually hire a big name coach. ONE OF THESE TIMES WE HAVE to hit on one of these hires right?!??!  I MEAN WE HAVE TO GET LUCKY where all the stars align and the timing is right and we pony up the big money that it absolutely will take to get one of these guys. AUBURN IS A GREAT JOB!!! And we are especially appealing now because we are a extremely talented team besides 1 position group. It is TIME fam!!! IT IS BEYOND TIME!!! 

15 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

hahahaha SPOT ON!!!! Hiring the head coach at Oregon would be the splashiest hire imaginable compared to our hiring track record!!!!!!! I would run around the whole neighborhood neeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeed as a jailbird if we hired him!!! lol

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Cristobal

Aranda

Tucker

Heupel

Fleck

Scott

Yurcich

Norvell

Freeze

Kiffen

IT IS GOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!! We are to damn good of a job for us to keep hiring these training wheel coaches. I BEEEEEEEEEE LIEEEEEEEVE BIRD!!!!!! I really do.

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

No “Auburn men” think more like former coordinators.

Ted Roof? Van Gorder? Lashley? Dameyune Craig’s? Lindsey? Ellis Johnson? Paul Rhodes? 

Give me Aranda on Defense, Briles on offense, and Kodi sticks around as recruiting coordinator.

Archived