OUTBACK bowl.?

Quietmaninthecorner

I hope the Shitrus Bowl enjoys a half full stadium that’s about 65-70% Michigan.   No way the bammers travel for that game.  

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great we'll steam roll them and the majority of our fan base will be happy and we'll continue the circle of mediocrity. We destroy teams like that but we're not quite good enough to be thoroughly respected. We'll continue to cry about how everybody hates and are against us.....sigh

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Great we'll steam roll them and the majority of our fan base will be happy and we'll continue the circle of mediocrity. We destroy teams like that but we're not quite good enough to be thoroughly respected. We'll continue to cry about how everybody hates and are against us.....sigh

Don't forget the faction that will piss all over PJ Fleck as being a joke and everyone that wants/wanted him at Auburn are clueless to the greatness of Gus

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Don't forget the faction that will piss all over PJ Fleck as being a joke and everyone that wants/wanted him at Auburn are clueless to the greatness of Gus

They'll ignore the significant talent gap as long as they can continue to pretend Gus is a great coach

Just now, bigbird said:

Yep. And Minnesota's talent just got a major boost as now their 2 and 3 stars are diamonds and now are NFL prospects. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To play devil's advocate, what would be worse? The loss to UCF, a flash in the pan G5 team, or a loss to Minny, who hasn't even been regionally relevant since 1960?

We beat Alabama and go to a New Years Day bowl, and most of the posts in this thread are dogging the bowl, the opponent and our coach.

The bowl and opponent are consistent with most of the projections, and this is a selection process that is outside of AU’s control. As for Gus, you’d best start supporting him because he is going to be our coach for the foreseeable future. 

This is not sunshine pumping - just reality. The only thing that the rest of us  have any control over is our attitudes. Buy a couple of tickets, go to Tampa for New Years Day, and cheer on AU to beat UM.  

I'm two hours from Tampa and have no desire to attend. Since the UF game in Gainesville I have not been to any football games. I used some of that savings to go watch the basketball team play in Brooklyn and spend 10 days in NYC.  I have no regrets.

8 minutes ago, hutchids said:

To play devil's advocate, what would be worse? The loss to UCF, a flash in the pan G5 team, or a loss to Minny, who hasn't even been regionally relevant since 1960?

I'd say UCF because of the geography but neither would be good

11 minutes ago, hutchids said:

In a vacuum, hard to say. But considering that we had to watch both our most hated rivals win the semifinals, UCF will definitely be worse.

5 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I'm two hours from Tampa and have no desire to attend. Since the UF game in Gainesville I have not been to any football games. I used some of that savings to go watch the basketball team play in Brooklyn and spend 10 days in NYC.  I have no regrets.

My brother might talk me into going. It's an hour away, and I did enjoy the 2009 season one against NW.

I guess I’m in the minority that likes the selection for both AU and bama. I did want AU to get a shot at Michigan, but I’m satisfied with the Minnesota draw. Why?

First, all my bama friends have talked trash about Harbaugh for years (it’s probably justified to some degree) and I can’t wait to see him beat bama when all their NFL prospects sit the game out. 

Second, I’m intrigued to see what Malzahn can do against Fleck. As mentioned earlier in this thread, many posters here wanted Fleck to replace Malzahn. Malzahn has already beaten Cristibol this year and now has a shot at Fleck. I believe those were the two top replacements for Malzahn’s job on this board. 

Third, AU has never played Minnesota before, so that also has an intriguing aspect to the game as I didn’t want to see Wisconsin or Memphis (or really anyone we have played in last decade). I think Fleck will have his team ready to go and will give us a fight. 

Hoping the AU players show some interest and for a great game, WDE!

6 minutes ago, hutchids said:

My brother might talk me into going. It's an hour away, and I did enjoy the 2009 season one against NW.

I have never missed a bowl game in Florida. Im actually surprised I feel this way. But I think the last 15 football games I have attended AU won about 2 of them and I'm tired of it. At least the start time is decent this year and I might change my mind depending how many family members go. But right now spending money to watch a 3 loss AU play a team with one potential NFL player is not appealing.

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

I have never missed a bowl game in Florida. Im actually surprised I feel this way. But I think the last 15 football games I have attended AU won about 2 of them and I'm tired of it. At least the start time is decent this year and I might change my mind depending how many family members go. But right now spending money to watch a 3 loss AU play a team with one potential NFL player is not appealing.

good lord please don't go to the game...😜

Bowl schedule says Outback is on Jan 1. Are we saying it’s not a New Years Six because it’s not the premiere bowl (sugar, fiesta, rose,etc)?

3 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

Bowl schedule says Outback is on Jan 1. Are we saying it’s not a New Years Six because it’s not the premiere bowl (sugar, fiesta, rose,etc)?

Yep

9 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

It's the money, not the date, that qualifies it as a NY6.

Archived