Clemson vs Ohio State

around4ever

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Coach "O" would make a very good real life Shrek!

I predict the following..........

Clemson 42

Lsu 34

The corndogs get eaten up by the real tigers!

I don't know, man. Those LSU receivers are hard to stop. It's hard to count Clemson out, but I believe LSU's defense is better than earlier in the year. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I don't know, man. Those LSU receivers are hard to stop. It's hard to count Clemson out, but I believe LSU's defense is better than earlier in the year. 

Lsu has not faced a QB as talented as Trevor Lawrence. Clemson has just as much talent as LSU and maybe a bit more.  We will see though. You could be right, but I hope you are not! (LOL) 😊

A "rest of the story" article about legacies and the Clemson family. 

"The story of Vestavia Hills’ Nolan Turner is one of triumph and tragedy, and it brings me a range of emotions. Late Saturday night, Nolan, a Clemson Football safety, was one of the heroes of the game as he intercepted an Ohio State University pass with 37 seconds remaining to preserve a 29-23 win over the Buckeyes. But as Nolan celebrates, there is sorrow and heartbreak within him: Just over three years ago, his father Kevin, a former Alabama Football fullback, died of ALS.

The new year of 2016 had arrived- it was Nolan's senior year in high school, and the young football player knew that his father's time was near. So too, did Kevin. Perhaps that's why, months earlier, Kevin had written a heartfelt letter to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, his former Bama teammate, to tell Dabo what Nolan meant to him. Dabo put that letter in his drawer in his Clemson football office, and when a scholarship opened up in January of 2016, Dabo called Kevin and Nolan to give them the news: He was offering Nolan a scholarship! While the news was exciting for the family, Nolan had watched as his hero and my good friend lost his ability to walk, then his ability to talk- it was very difficult for Nolan to witness. Nolan had watched his father decline throughout most of his childhood, and he wondered daily how much worse it could get. Watching his father fight Lou Gehrig's Disease for eight years showed Nolan what real perseverance was all about.

Only a few months after Nolan received that scholarship from Dabo, Kevin passed. Nolan's mother JoyceMarie Turner tells me that perhaps Kevin figured that since Nolan was taken care of, it was time to let go. Nolan, while in mourning, reminded himself that his father was no longer in pain, finally at peace. Nolan lost his father in March of 2016, and after graduating from Vestavia Hills High School two months later, found himself at Clemson University coached by his father's great friend. 

On Saturday night, Nolan gave up Ohio State’s go-ahead score. Dabo went to Nolan and told him that he would make up for it by getting the game-winning interception. And just as Dabo predicted, Nolan, wearing the same #24 that his dad wore at Bama, picked off that Buckeyes pass to clinch the win. Kevin no doubt had a great view of the game, and knowing Kevin, tears of pride filled his eyes.

Dabo Swinney loved Kevin Turner- that's why to this day, he keeps that letter from Kevin in his drawer. It's why Dabo keeps all of his old text messages with Kevin in his phone. It's why he often glances at those text conversations to remind him of what Kevin meant to him.
And Nolan? He soldiers on, always grateful for what his father and Dabo have done for him, learning from the generosity of his coach and the courage of his father.

I have always admired Dabo Swinney for the faith and loyalty he shows his players, his family and his neighbors. I have always admired Nolan for the way he plays football, but I admire him even more for how he’s helped hold his family together during unspeakable sorrow.

My best to Nolan, his mother Joyce, his younger siblings Natalie and Cole, and his grandparents Raymond and Myra. I have known Nolan for years, and watching him grow into a man has been an honor. We can all learn from the young man who this weekend is, at long last, smiling again.And now you know the rest of the story."

Rick Karle, December 28, 2019, WVTM 13

FB_IMG_1577720118619.jpg

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

A "rest of the story" article about legacies and the Clemson family. 

"The story of Vestavia Hills’ Nolan Turner is one of triumph and tragedy, and it brings me a range of emotions. Late Saturday night, Nolan, a Clemson Football safety, was one of the heroes of the game as he intercepted an Ohio State University pass with 37 seconds remaining to preserve a 29-23 win over the Buckeyes. But as Nolan celebrates, there is sorrow and heartbreak within him: Just over three years ago, his father Kevin, a former Alabama Football fullback, died of ALS.

The new year of 2016 had arrived- it was Nolan's senior year in high school, and the young football player knew that his father's time was near. So too, did Kevin. Perhaps that's why, months earlier, Kevin had written a heartfelt letter to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, his former Bama teammate, to tell Dabo what Nolan meant to him. Dabo put that letter in his drawer in his Clemson football office, and when a scholarship opened up in January of 2016, Dabo called Kevin and Nolan to give them the news: He was offering Nolan a scholarship! While the news was exciting for the family, Nolan had watched as his hero and my good friend lost his ability to walk, then his ability to talk- it was very difficult for Nolan to witness. Nolan had watched his father decline throughout most of his childhood, and he wondered daily how much worse it could get. Watching his father fight Lou Gehrig's Disease for eight years showed Nolan what real perseverance was all about.

Only a few months after Nolan received that scholarship from Dabo, Kevin passed. Nolan's mother JoyceMarie Turner tells me that perhaps Kevin figured that since Nolan was taken care of, it was time to let go. Nolan, while in mourning, reminded himself that his father was no longer in pain, finally at peace. Nolan lost his father in March of 2016, and after graduating from Vestavia Hills High School two months later, found himself at Clemson University coached by his father's great friend. 

On Saturday night, Nolan gave up Ohio State’s go-ahead score. Dabo went to Nolan and told him that he would make up for it by getting the game-winning interception. And just as Dabo predicted, Nolan, wearing the same #24 that his dad wore at Bama, picked off that Buckeyes pass to clinch the win. Kevin no doubt had a great view of the game, and knowing Kevin, tears of pride filled his eyes.

Dabo Swinney loved Kevin Turner- that's why to this day, he keeps that letter from Kevin in his drawer. It's why Dabo keeps all of his old text messages with Kevin in his phone. It's why he often glances at those text conversations to remind him of what Kevin meant to him.
And Nolan? He soldiers on, always grateful for what his father and Dabo have done for him, learning from the generosity of his coach and the courage of his father.

I have always admired Dabo Swinney for the faith and loyalty he shows his players, his family and his neighbors. I have always admired Nolan for the way he plays football, but I admire him even more for how he’s helped hold his family together during unspeakable sorrow.

My best to Nolan, his mother Joyce, his younger siblings Natalie and Cole, and his grandparents Raymond and Myra. I have known Nolan for years, and watching him grow into a man has been an honor. We can all learn from the young man who this weekend is, at long last, smiling again.And now you know the rest of the story."

Rick Karle, December 28, 2019, WVTM 13

FB_IMG_1577720118619.jpg

Thank you for posting that Tora.  :bow:

Just to put things in perspective OSU would have kicked Oklahoma about as bad as LSU did. I’m glad Oklahoma made it and kept uga and uat from going but looking at their play this year they were not a top 10 team much less a CFP contestant.  Was also glad for Jalen . Hope he gets a shot somewhere in the big league. I think Clemson takes LSU in the final. While Trevor hasn’t played to everybody’s expectations , the kid can do almost anything he wants to. He will find a way to win. Remember he is unbeaten as a starter for most of two years. That last drive just showed what he is made of .

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That last drive just showed what he is made of

Yep...saw nothing impressive about Clemson's offense all night.   tOSU has a stout defense but Clemson's win was all to the account of Lawrence.   Nobody would expect that break away just before the half.   ….looked like Clemson was just gonna be happy to finally get on the scoreboard but a nice pass down the middle and then.....boom, instead of maybe 6 or 8 yards, he's gone.     And those quick passes and RPO on the last drive....Accurate passing like Burrow.  

QBs making the coaches look like geniuses. 

37 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Just to put things in perspective OSU would have kicked Oklahoma about as bad as LSU did. 

On that I have my doubts. LSU is a juggernaut. Good on our AU Tigers for making LSU, at least for one game, look beatable.  Gus hired Kevin Steele. Know what that means? It means Gus is a pretty good coach. (And if there were any doubts, his third win against $abear in the Iron Bowl oughta put them to rest.)

12 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Just to put things in perspective OSU would have kicked Oklahoma about as bad as LSU did. I’m glad Oklahoma made it and kept uga and uat from going but looking at their play this year they were not a top 10 team much less a CFP contestant.  Was also glad for Jalen . Hope he gets a shot somewhere in the big league. I think Clemson takes LSU in the final. While Trevor hasn’t played to everybody’s expectations , the kid can do almost anything he wants to. He will find a way to win. Remember he is unbeaten as a starter for most of two years. That last drive just showed what he is made of .

I think no one is touching LSU this year. They're on a mission. Last year's Clemson team would've had more of a chance with that stout D-Line, but Ohio State reasonably should have beaten Clemson had they not shot themselves in the foot and gotten screwed by SEC refs. OSU would've made a much better match up against LSU than Clemson.

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

I think no one is touching LSU this year. They're on a mission. Last year's Clemson team would've had more of a chance with that stout D-Line, but Ohio State reasonably should have beaten Clemson had they not shot themselves in the foot and gotten screwed by SEC refs. OSU would've made a much better match up against LSU than Clemson.

Agree! 

On 12/29/2019 at 6:43 PM, Barnacle said:

I think I remember that play. The kicker decided to fake a punt or something, and Dabo threw him under the bus. That didn’t sit well with me, that’s for sure. 

It was a missed field goal against FSU, while up 28, with 21 seconds left in the 1st half.  Goober hunts down kicker after miss

Again, be mad...put the next guy in for the next  attempt....but don't do that!  Of course, if you follow WWJD, going berserk and flipping over tables is a possible response!🤣

11 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Same crew who officiated the iron bowl.

52 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Same crew who officiated the iron bowl.

They did their best for bama, ignored holding all afternoon though by and large they pretty much got it right during that game but you can't count on them that's for sure.

Archived