Another one falls victim to Babylon Bee

Auburn85

20 minutes ago, Auburn85 said:

This time a CNN Reporter

How did the reporter fall for the story?  The tweets here are explicitly pointing out how the story is fake and how it's getting as much engagement as regular articles from news sources.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

How did the reporter fall for the story?

Lots of lazy reporters out there...and some will apparently just run with a story that fits their pre-conceived views.  Surprised it was not Fox....guess they got lucky.

JMO but Reuters is about the only news source that I trust.....and I look twice with them. 

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Lots of lazy reporters out there...and some will apparently just run with a story that fits their pre-conceived views.  Surprised it was not Fox....guess they got lucky.

JMO but Reuters is about the only news source that I trust.....and I look twice with them. 

OK, but the point is that this "story" was spread on social media by average, every day morons, not reporters.  CNN, Fox, nor anyone else fell for this hoax from what I can tell.

And yes, Reuters and the AP are by far the best sources for news.

59 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

OK, but the point is that this "story" was spread on social media by average, every day morons, not reporters.  CNN, Fox, nor anyone else fell for this hoax from what I can tell.

And yes, Reuters and the AP are by far the best sources for news.

Morons who actually believe what they read on "responsible"  MSM....which means that the major media has a higher level of responsibility and accountability for getting it right these days.....such as MSNBC airing the Iranian propaganda piece the other night that 30 Americans had been killed.

Mark Twain was right....and that was long before the internet. 

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

Archived