2021 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

tigerbrotha12

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

He's a natural two. His handles will need to improve a lot to be effective at the one. 

I think Powell will be the steal of last year's class. Maybe not the most talented, but definitely the best all-around player. He has been practicing some at the one, but I thinks that's more about building competition. Although, he has the skills to be able to play there if needed.

I have been trying to make this point since we signed him. It all depends on how healthy he is. Good height for a SG, pretty stroke, knows how to move and get open, solid ball handler but was damaged goods last year. If he had been healthy I think he would have been a 4* 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

He's a natural two. His handles will need to improve a lot to be effective at the one. 

I think Powell will be the steal of last year's class. Maybe not the most talented, but definitely the best all-around player. He has been practicing some at the one, but I thinks that's more about building competition. Although, he has the skills to be able to play there if needed.

I'm super excited about Powell. Love his potential at his size. If he can handle the one for some stretches that would be crucial for us

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, eddie47 said:

is there any scholarship available

@eddie47 As things are right now no. We are 1 over the limit for next year as things are right now.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@eddie47 As things are right now no. We are 1 over the limit for next year as things are right now.

If we do face scholarship restrictions, do we think that they will be likely to go into effect in such a way that they would affect this coming class, or would they be pushed off and start the following year?

14 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

If we do face scholarship restrictions, do we think that they will be likely to go into effect in such a way that they would affect this coming class, or would they be pushed off and start the following year?

@AuburnArch13Don't think they would effect the class but it would make sure at least 2 on roster now will leave, which was expected anyway before we started hearing we may lose schollies. And any scholly reduction does likely start next year.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnArch13Don't think they would effect the class but it would make sure at least 2 on roster now will leave, which was expected anyway before we started hearing we may lose schollies. And any scholly reduction does likely start next year.

Who do you see that is on the roster this year, not being on the roster next year? any names that have been discussed or is certain?

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Who do you see that is on the roster this year, not being on the roster next year? any names that have been discussed or is certain?

@Timeslider 6I don't & won't speculate on names. The logical guess though are guys on roster getting the fewest minutes this season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 6:13 PM, ellitor said:

E, has this changed since Turbo is in the transfer portal?

Also, it seems as though there is always some team attrition in Bball.

22 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Also, it seems as though there is always some team attrition in Bball.

Still have one too many I believe.

On 12/27/2020 at 11:18 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

@JFDTiger80 Yes. We are now at our limit for the time being. Possible NCAA scholly reductions pending.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Still have one too many I believe.

@toddcNot at the moment.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@JFDTiger80 Yes. We are now at our limit for the time being. Possible NCAA scholly reductions pending.

@toddcNot at the moment.

Should have added “after incoming signing class “.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Should have added “after incoming signing class “.

With Turbo leaving and our incoming class we are at 13 which is I believe the allowable limit. But we could still be looking at reductions.

Juniors 

1) Jamal Johnson

2) Javon Franklin

Sophomores 

3) Allen Flannigan

4) Devan Cambridge

5) Jaylin Williams

6) Babatunde Akingbola

Freshman

7) Sharife Cooper

8 )Justin Powell

9) Chris Moore

10) JT Thor

11) Dylan Cardwell

Signees

12) Jabari Smith

13) Trey Alexander

I don’t know if it’s just me but these San I seem like a load of BS! The players that were involved in the original scandal sat out for over a year, the coach was fired and denounced, we had a whole year of ZERO recruiting and now we may receive scholarship reductions. This all seems like a witch-hunt to get Auburn. They caught Memphis for doing the same things with James Wiseman and nothing happened to them. Coaches stayed and all James did was go on to the NBA. This is all a bunch of nonsense!

1 hour ago, blakem said:

I don’t know if it’s just me but these San I seem like a load of BS! The players that were involved in the original scandal sat out for over a year, the coach was fired and denounced, we had a whole year of ZERO recruiting and now we may receive scholarship reductions. This all seems like a witch-hunt to get Auburn. They caught Memphis for doing the same things with James Wiseman and nothing happened to them. Coaches stayed and all James did was go on to the NBA. This is all a bunch of nonsense!

Could it be that the NCAA feels differently about Penny than they do Bruce?

4 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Could it be that the NCAA feels differently about Penny than they do Bruce?

I know that’s what it is. They can’t stand that Bruce has come back from when they first hit him with violations at Tennessee. They are trying to ruin him.

20 hours ago, blakem said:

This isn’t even close to true. Memphis’ case is pending with the NCAA’s new Independent Review Panel, formed to handle only the most serious infractions. 

Edited by Dunndone414
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

This isn’t even close to true. Memphis’ case is pending with the NCAA’s new Independent Review Panel, formed to handle only the most serious infractions. 

But it’s a fair question as to whether it ultimately leads to sanctions. You have to think it will, but we’ve seen wildly different outcomes from the NCAA in cases like this...

• 1 month later...

Going to keep this thread through the rest of the year, but probably going to start a 2022 thread at some point soon if @ellitorwill let me steal his thunder again. 

Auburn may be done for 2021, but an NBA decision or a transfer will change that very quickly. 

• Like 1

On a ‘22 note, there’s a new feature on Sage Tolentino today. Currently not playing with eligibility issues related to the move from Hawaii. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/high-school-sports/2021/02/05/auburn-tigers-basketball-recruiting-hawaiian-sage-tolentino-ohio/4365328001/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Going to keep this thread through the rest of the year, but probably going to start a 2022 thread at some point soon if @ellitorwill let me steal his thunder again. 

Auburn may be done for 2021, but an NBA decision or a transfer will change that very quickly. 

@tigerbrotha12 it’s all yours but with expected scholarship penalties and nobody graduating there may not be much to a 2022 class. Right now Scoot Henderson is the only one who is a  sure fire take. And if Cooper goes pro after this year there’s a good chance Henderson reclaaifies to the 2121 class.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12 it’s all yours but with expected scholarship penalties and nobody graduating there may not be much to a 2022 class. Right now Scoot Henderson is the only one who is a  sure fire take. And if Cooper goes pro after this year there’s a good chance Henderson reclaaifies to the 2121 class.

2022 thread:

SCOOT

That will be all

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2021 at 4:36 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

2022 thread:

SCOOT

That will be all

FAM!!!! where you been bro?!??! you just pop in out of the sky out of nowhere without a explanation?!?! I do see you been cheating on us over at 247........ SMH. So you found another family and replaced us?! lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1