2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He also *should* have much better coaching than JJ did.

Not a shot at you, but I look forward to a day when 2015 is recognized for the anomaly that it was. (Which might suggest that it won't be discussed much at all, other than as a wild tale about how many things that can go wrong in one season.)

I only included that bit because the last time we had an heir apparent waiting in the wings, it didn't work out so well, and I wanted to head it off before anyone came in blaring about the dangers of being complacent with an heir apparent backup and not trying to get other quality players as well to keep up the competition. I just think back to what it was like having Berger-->Slack-->White-->Nix-->Craig...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

I only included that bit because the last time we had an heir apparent waiting in the wings, it didn't work out so well, and I wanted to head it off before anyone came in blaring about the dangers of being complacent with an heir apparent backup and not trying to get other quality players as well to keep up the competition. I just think back to what it was like having Berger-->Slack-->White-->Nix-->Craig...

A to the men.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

What?

You're not going to include that run of Trotter, Moseley, Frazier, Wallace in that great string? :)

• Haha 3

On 6/24/2020 at 7:20 AM, McLoofus said:

He also *should* have much better coaching than JJ did.

Not a shot at you, but I look forward to a day when 2015 is recognized for the anomaly that it was. (Which might suggest that it won't be discussed much at all, other than as a wild tale about how many things that can go wrong in one season.)

Same. For me, this is *the* story of this recruiting class. Not only does it speak to his leadership, but also it's true that game recognize game. And he's doing this without there even being a camp circuit like guys have traditionally leaned on, and bringing guys with him from Texas. Yes, Chip has a lot to do with it, but it's exactly what you said. 

Who’s Chip?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Who’s Chip?

Well that's a big ol' whoopsie. I wish our ch-ch-ch-changes would have ch-ch-ch-changed the first 2 letters of the OC's first name. Good catch, edit forthcoming.

Edit: And yes, there was a year in between. Still. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well that's a big ol' whoopsie. I wish our ch-ch-ch-changes would have ch-ch-ch-changed the first 2 letters of the OC's first name. Good catch, edit forthcoming.

Edit: And yes, there was a year in between. Still. 

I really wondered who Chip was! Wasn’t being snarky. 😝 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

I really wondered who Chip was!

I’m sure that makes chip Lindsey feel special. Already forgotten man. LOL

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:10 AM, DAG said:

It really is the perfect situation especially with chad running the show. I have always been a proponent fit matters. Chad at Arkansas nor Auburn were getting these prospects out of Texas. This honestly has the potential to be the perfect storm. 

:thumbsup:

CM hire is paying off big time.   I feel really good about the future of Auburn Football - and not just "next year good", but next decade good. 

I am really thinking Gus has turned the corner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't take it as such, m'dude!

He’s the forgotten man I guess!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toddc said:

He’s the forgotten man I guess!

Nah. You’re just old. LOL

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Nah. You’re just old. LOL

Ageism, ageism!!! Well I am old, but that’s not why he, or what’s his name from last year, are the forgotten man/men. 😝 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

Ageism, ageism!!! Well I am old, but that’s not why he, or what’s his name from last year, are the forgotten man/men. 😝 

Just messin with ya Todd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just messin with ya Todd.

I know brother!

• Like 1

I wish we had a dynamic guy like Davis on the D side to help us lock down defensive players. I am not talking just talented because we have that in Hunter I am talking about a guy who helps us recruit using their social media presence.  With the Lockdown a gung ho commit on social Media is a big bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I wish we had a dynamic guy like Davis on the D side to help us lock down defensive players. I am not talking just talented because we have that in Hunter I am talking about a guy who helps us recruit using their social media presence.  With the Lockdown a gung ho commit on social Media is a big bonus.

Phillip O’Brien has been doing that a ton. 

• Like 1

Watched the video. This kid is "The Truth"! Soo coordinated. I think he might be an all-timer at AU. 

Edited by JFDTiger80
spelling issue

26 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Smh they dropped him 100 spots 

Not worth a SMH. He struggled at the Elite 11 finals.

10 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not sure how they justify being unbiased. It happens every single time.

And you clearly aren't wearing your O & B glasses. lol It's been well documented he struggled at the Elite 11 at the start of the month. He will do well in college & that's all that should matter to us.