2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I see Gus doing this with the Players and I understand why they love him.  Gus is almost a perfect coach.  He genuinely loves his players and his players love him. He runs a very clean programs and his players graduate. He has put together a great staff and considering who we are recruiting against where at best we are the second or third favorite team  as we have to compete against  in state teams in Alabama, Georgia, Florida and now Texas we doing pretty darn good. He came here as an O guru when Auburn D was down. His O worked for a while and he upgraded his D staff and now D is a strength. His one real weakness was on O as teams caught up with his system he did not adjust and never could totally release the O reins.  After one game it appears he has finally allowed an O coordinator be the O coordinator. I have to wait till we have a bad O game as every team does, if Gus will still allow Morris to do his job.  Then he will have become the coach that Auburn needs. 

Time will tell if Gus can be a head coach who lets his coordinators have free rein. No head coach totally gives up decision making on O or D.  A head coach has final decision on going for it on 4th down or a fake punt a 2 point conversion and listens in on the game plans. But should not be involved on a play by play decision.  I would love to see Gus succeed so I can get back on the Gus Bus that I left a long time ago.

Gus didn’t have a play sheet or anything in his hand first game. And I read that Chad has new terminology for the plays that Gus doesn’t even know, so it’d be hard for Gus to jump back into calling plays when he don’t even know the plays 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

All I see is RW. Please be like RW

I don't know if that's a great comparison, but when I think of Russell Wilson, I don't think cannon arm or freakish mobility or big frame... he's just like some sort of untackleable surgeon that never stops moving and only throws perfect passes. 

Can we hashtag it? This is your thing. Just a test run for you: #pleasebelikerw 

Lemme know, I've got a guy...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Btw @DAG, by "I don't know if that's a great comparison", I wasn't doubting the comparison. I meant to say that I actually see what you see and I really want it to be true. But then I don't want the usual suspects running around yelling about we promised that DD would be just as good as the only guy in the NFL who might be better than Mahomes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if that's a great comparison, but when I think of Russell Wilson, I don't think cannon arm or freakish mobility or big frame... he's just like some sort of untackleable surgeon that never stops moving and only throws perfect passes. 

Can we hashtag it? This is your thing. Just a test run for you: #pleasebelikerw 

Lemme know, I've got a guy...

He might not have a cannon arm but RW has freakish accuracy, especially deep ball accuracy. He’s always healthy too. He’s been the most sacked QB in the league probably for the last 5 years and still ain’t missed a game 

On 9/29/2020 at 9:19 AM, Sizzle said:

Gus didn’t have a play sheet or anything in his hand first game. And I read that Chad has new terminology for the plays that Gus doesn’t even know, so it’d be hard for Gus to jump back into calling plays when he don’t even know the plays 

This is by design...

Could we really be getting a pipeline of QB talent?  AT AUBURN?  

Need that OL pipeline...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

So far he is 11-14 for 187 yards and has 2 rushing tds. Best player on  the field. 

Very Nick Marshallesqe with his quickness. 

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Highlights North Shore vs Klein Collins 

My hype meter is going off!!  I am redshirting him as my man crush. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Thought the same thing. His shiftiness and quickness are insane. One wrong move on a blitz and he is gone. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, bigbird said:

I really like this kid’s highlights!  AU has to be excited about our QB situation the next few years!

Im not hating the Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and Nick Marshall comparisons either.  Although I’m a little disappointed I haven’t heard anyone compare him to Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, or Tom Brady yet.  😁

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, jared52 said:

He’s going to be making a lot of dudes miss in the backfield for sure...

Judging from AU's performance last night, he better be able to make 'em miss.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Judging from AU's performance last night, he better be able to make 'em miss.

Yeah, that was the point...

Davis will be "The Truth" at AU. If any school needs a freak athlete at QB it is AU!

• Like 1