Gus honoring Pat Dye with the game day attire

TitanTiger

i love it! i imagine pat has a tear or three seeing the love being shown for him. this is one of the very reasons i love auburn so much.

28 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

X2 or 3. Who’s got a link?

Fully support Gus rocking this all season. 

J&M says they'll be back in stock in one month (October 4th)...

22 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Extremely cool of Gus to do that.

The cap is not correct. Dye wore one with a white ring around the top of the bill.

I went back and looked at images of CPD. He did have the A hat, but in the pic I saw, he wasn’t wearing a white shirt and tie.  He wore a different hat with that look.  At any rate, I think we all got what Gus was trying to do, and it was a very respectful gesture. 😊

On 9/27/2020 at 10:40 PM, Viper said:

J&M says they'll be back in stock in one month (October 4th)...

The one on the right is the Dye hat...

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I went back and looked at images of CPD. He did have the A hat, but in the pic I saw, he wasn’t wearing a white shirt and tie.  He wore a different hat with that look.  At any rate, I think we all got what Gus was trying to do, and it was a very respectful gesture. 😊

Bet Pat Dye wasn’t wearing a mask either 😉

I have been critical of Gus in the past but I admit this was a very classy thing to do in honor of legendary Coach Patrick Fain Dye. Coach Dye saved Auburn football in the 1980's and reestablished it as a national contender. Rest in peace Coach Dye, we will never forget you. War Eagle!

Pat Dye – Alabama Sports Hall of Fame

4 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I have been critical of Gus in the past but I admit this was a very classy thing to do in honor of legendary Coach Patrick Fain Dye. Coach Dye saved Auburn football in the 1980's and reestablished it as a national contender. Rest in peace Coach Dye, we will never forget you. War Eagle!

Pat Dye – Alabama Sports Hall of Fame

Well said. I think most of us have been critical of Gus the coach but I don't think anyone has been critical of Gus the man. We're very fortunate to have that man for sure. 

Archived