If this team loses to Arkansas.

Dual-Threat Rigby

Just a hypothetical here. 1-2, probably should've lost to Kentucky if Terry Wilson understood how playing in the red zone is supposed to go. 

What do you look at as the thing Gus points to to tell the administration he deserves one more year. Demetrius? COVID? the OL recruits in the next cycle?

I think he's capable of pulling something else out, and I don't think its the buyout. I dont think that works 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we’re stuck with him.  It seems the PTB just don’t care.  If they did he’d have been gone already.  Beating bama a couple of times while having performances like this shouldn’t be adequate but it seems it is.

People were giving me resistance about Arkansas. Now that it looks like they got a real coach, they are going to come out ready to go and will be competitive . Anything can happen . 

Just now, DAG said:

People were giving me resistance about Arkansas. Now that it looks like they got a real coach, they are going to come out ready to go and will be competitive . Anything can happen . 

Nothing would make their players and fans happier than to beat Morris. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

If the same ill prepared team shows up for Arky like they did tonight.. we will have our a$$ handed to us. 

Be prepared. I legit turned the game off with my fiancé. She was surprised as hell. I have never done that. I can’t do this anymore with Gus . 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Be prepared. I legit turned the game off with my fiancé. She was surprised as hell. I have never done that. I can’t do this anymore with Gus . 

Right there with you. This was a total team loss that lands right at the head coaches feet. DL was just as pathetic as the OL..  the defense was just as terrible as the offense. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

UGA's guys were just better but their defense looked better than ours did. Nix was bad, but Nix wasn't a massive liability like Franks. even with having an offense filled with skill position guys that wouldnt get reps here, they looked better than we did through the first 3 quarters and that statement cant even be argued. Their DBs looked better. Their front 7 also looked better. Transitive property doesn't work, but this is the game every Arkansas related entity wants more than any. They could beat the s*** out of us if we don't treat this like Alabama

and UNFORTUNATELY, Gus and Chad are going to treat this like Alabama because they're career losers that get up for stupid, meaningless matchups 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UGA's guys were just better but their defense looked better than ours did. Nix was bad, but Nix wasn't a massive liability like Franks. even with having an offense filled with skill position guys that wouldnt get reps here, they looked better than we did through the first 3 quarters and that statement cant even be argued. Their DBs looked better. Their front 7 also looked better. Transitive property doesn't work, but this is the game every Arkansas related entity wants more than any. They could beat the s*** out of us if we don't treat this like Alabama

and UNFORTUNATELY, Gus and Chad are going to treat this like Alabama because they're career losers that get up for stupid, meaningless matchups 

Honestly, what I saw was us get punched in the mouth and we pretty much quit. I think talent can only take you so far. I agree with you though Gus and Co would treat this like the Super Bowl and come out with a lot of plays and intensity we did not see today. Of course the response of the fans will be all his forgiven . Not for me. We just loss to a very beatable UGA team who owned us on both sides of the ball. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly, what I saw was us get punched in the mouth and we pretty much quit. I think talent can only take you so far. I agree with you though Gus and Co would treat this like the Super Bowl and come out with a lot of plays and intensity we did not see today. Of course the response of the fans will be all his forgiven . Not for me. We just loss to a very beatable UGA team who owned us on both sides of the ball. 

I think situations like this is the only time I wish we had a real Auburn man in the coaching staff. Because Gus clearly doesn't, and hasn't, shown any understanding of how much Georgia and LSU means to this fanbase. He just likes styling on Saban because of personal glory and maintaining that "wizard" status, but it's like we don't even understand beating those two is close to as important as the Iron Bowl on a national and especially regional level 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

On our second to last possession of the first half I came in from outside and asked my wife what she wanted to watch. “You don’t want to watch the game??”  

Not going to let that trash excuse for football ruin my entire Saturday evening off. 

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if we lose to arkansas, i will be very sad for our boys, but finally optimistic that real change would be coming for them

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that there’s a genuine feeling within the coaching staff that 2020 is a get out of jail free year, so they’re not too worried about these losses.

#OnBrand2020

Btw I’m not facepalming you, I’m facepalming loser mentality. 

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that there’s a genuine feeling within the coaching staff that 2020 is a get out of jail free year, so they’re not too worried about these losses.

#OnBrand2020

What chaps my ass about that is how long we've seen this coming - especially the o-line. Yeah, this is the situation we're in, but it's the situation we are in because of the coaching staff, IMO. If we put Stid behind a stud offensive line in 18, or even Bo last season, we are a top 10 team, IMO. Look how little that Bennett kid was asked to do tonight. 

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

#OnBrand2020

Well I guess I should turn off the tube and wait until next season.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Agree. But we also have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. What is so concerning is how the DL is getting pushed around and our Lbs being out of position missed tackles. We all knew the OL was going to be a problem and I actually thought they were better last week than our OL last year but not being able to run the ball is going to be a big problem for this offense and we can not get into a scoring match with anyone it will look like tonight all over. 

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

#OnBrand2020

I appreciate that info brother. Also makes alot of sense. 

1 minute ago, beaumak said:

if we lose to arkansas, i will be very sad for our boys, but finally optimistic that real change would be coming for them

PTB is basically an insider so what he says is law for the time being, but my personal feeling is, with how competitive Bo is (I dont think that matters at all on the field evidently, but it does to journalists connected to the programs and fans, hes a figure) and how last season was supposed to be a foundation....I think if we start getting noogied by the Ole Misses, Tenns and MSUs on top of Arky....I think their hands are tied

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

#OnBrand2020

That doesn't surprise me one bit. Unless we only win like 3 or 4 games there will be zero discussion of Gus being gone or hot seat talk. COVID has giving a lot of HC's a break. The optics wouldn't be good even if would be in the best interest of our program. I feel like many coaches will get a pass for simply managing a program through the COVID obstacles and just putting a team on the field...win or lose. I agree to a certain extent but we've been in this movie with Gus long before COVID was ever a thought. 

10 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

#OnBrand2020

This makes me sick.

I doubt this team will lose to Arkansas. They will probably play with a vengeance and destroy Arky but I don't think that will mean this team has found it's identity and is on it's way to victories over our top rivals. It will just mean that we are at or near the top of the bottom half of the SEC.

The problem against UGA was recruiting. For the last four years AU's classes have ranked (14th, 12th, 12th and 10th) while UGA's have ranked in the top three (rivals team rankings). We are not going to beat the Georgia's, Alabama's, and LSU's consistenly with that kind of recruiting.

If this is a "get out of jail free year", I just hope that it counts as year three of CGM's seven year contract signed before the SEC championship game in 2017. I don't think he will get another contract from AU.

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I appreciate that info brother. Also makes alot of sense. 

PTB is basically an insider so what he says is law for the time being, but my personal feeling is, with how competitive Bo is (I dont think that matters at all on the field evidently, but it does to journalists connected to the programs and fans, hes a figure) and how last season was supposed to be a foundation....I think if we start getting noogied by the Ole Misses, Tenns and MSUs on top of Arky....I think their hands are tied

i don't understand this. Not the PTB part. LOL we all know PTB is a demigod. but just saying seeing some comments around here and that its going to be business as usual,..well why the hell are we having a season then? why compete? i am not in tuned anymore with the doings of the university, in part because of this.

so we are building a big facility? well that sounds great. i didn't know building a new structure automatically meant more wins. doesnt matter who the coach is huh? got it. and as we continue to dwell in the mediocrity some seem to invite, do you think that will attract anymore new or useful funds to perhaps remedy/precipitate/or finally bring home the differences to get to a level of success we strive for? 

Wading in the waters for another 3 years will not produce anymore results, and ultimately, will downgrade our product in the long run. We are not a good football program right now. But we have the ability to preserve a lot of tradition. Lets not blow that too!!!  I just can't help myself when i see our guys and they are totally out coached and outmatched. It sickens me in fact.

Our bar is Georgia. And they should not embarrass us year end and year out. And until then, we need to admit to ourselves that we will have this sentiment until we do something about it.

Lets prove it.

Auburn won’t lose to Arkansas.  It won’t be a blowout like it’s been in years past but not gonna lose.  Auburn faced the best lines on both sides of the ball they may face all year tonight.  Auburn can shut down Franks and you’ll see the beginning of Tanks reign.  It may end up being 13-10 but Auburn will not lose.

Archived