If this team loses to Arkansas.

Dual-Threat Rigby

Remember when we said no way a John L Smith coached team would beat us? This thing feels dangerously close to spinning out of control and a "get out of jail" free card is just having us fall further behind as a program. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Remember when we said no way a John L Smith coached team would beat us? This thing feels dangerously close to spinning out of control and a "get out of jail" free card is just having us fall further behind as a program. 

Not a lot of urgency when the coaches know they have a get out of jail free card 

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Be prepared. I legit turned the game off with my fiancé. She was surprised as hell. I have never done that. I can’t do this anymore with Gus . 

As bad as I hate To admit it I too turned the game off after the first quarter and that just doesn’t happen at our house. WAR EAGLE!! But I am totally “Dis-Guss-Ted”. I looked at our remaining schedule and I hate to say it but we could very easily loss just about ever game. I guess we’ll find out with Arkansas. God help us 

4 minutes ago, PoppaRoger said:

As bad as I hate To admit it I too turned the game off after the first quarter and that just doesn’t happen at our house. WAR EAGLE!! But I am totally “Dis-Guss-Ted”. I looked at our remaining schedule and I hate to say it but we could very easily loss just about ever game. I guess we’ll find out with Arkansas. God help us 

That’s what scares me . Apathy has set in with a lot of folks . It shouldn’t be the case but it is.

I’m telling you right now, Franks can ball. Their offense can move the football. They have a pretty decent offensive and defensive line. They will be fired up and we will probably still be licking our wounds. If they come out and hit us in the mouth early I would be concerned about losing.

If the team loses to Arkansas (which is possible), Gus will be firmly on the hot seat. His seat is already pretty hot now but if he loses to ARKy he is going to have a hard time convincing the PTB to allow him to stay. The fans are going to push him out. 

I am an alumni and a die hard Tiger. I never want us to lose and I have always had faith in Gus but if he loses some games that he has no business losing he needs to go.

2 hours ago, PoppaRoger said:

I too turned the game off after the first quarter

I stopped watching at half. I have never stopped watching that early in a game but that "I give up FG" made me give up. I won't go back on my word about complaining about the HC, but it is hard. Future Saturdays?I think I'll work in my garden when its warm and cut firewood when its cold. Sports is not that interesting any more

I honestly don’t think we lose to Arky. That’s Gus’s iron bowl. He will do everything in his power to put up 40.
Either way it’s past time for him to go. The longer he stays, the further he puts us behind. There is not much worse to the health of a program than an apathetic fan. That’s what happened in 2012, and it’s what is happening now. To be brutally honest, if I were Tank, I would sit out the rest of the season and enter the transfer portal.  

2 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I stopped watching at half. I have never stopped watching that early in a game but that "I give up FG" made me give up. I won't go back on my word about complaining about the HC, but it is hard. Future Saturdays?I think I'll work in my garden when its warm and cut firewood when its cold. Sports is not that interesting any more

I feel you, and it's okay to take a break.  Just have to remember, this too has pass.  One day ... :dunno: when, but one day.

Looks like you have found productive things to do in the mean time.

Best you and War Eagle!

On 10/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that there’s a genuine feeling within the coaching staff that 2020 is a get out of jail free year, so they’re not too worried about these losses.

#OnBrand2020

I can’t express how depressed this makes me. It sums up the absolute lack of urgency that has emanated from CGM for years.

Glad we're not satisfied getting punked on the road by UGa or choking against LSU, when those teams are serious natl title contenders. Scratch my head when folks go postal about those though. On the other hand, a home loss to Ark this weekend would be akin to Stidham's freakout loss to the dreadful-but-up-and-coming Tenn. Nobody's a bigger Malzahn fan than me but that type of loss is a deal breaker IMHO.

5 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

we will lose to Arkansas. Pittman's boys are playing inspired football, they love him.

Our team is flat and its a result of the coaches. 

Need something new and fresh.

Those left over Arky players from Morris want to kick his ass, that entire locker room hated him.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, DAG said:

Honestly, what I saw was us get punched in the mouth and we pretty much quit. I think talent can only take you so far. I agree with you though Gus and Co would treat this like the Super Bowl and come out with a lot of plays and intensity we did not see today. Of course the response of the fans will be all his forgiven . Not for me. We just loss to a very beatable UGA team who owned us on both sides of the ball. 

Georgia was quicker stronger faster well coached and most importantly,

prepared.

Auburn was none of those things.

players and coaches have to hate to lose and know they will win.

22 hours ago, TurfMonster said:

Tennessee fans have been saying “this too shall pass” for the last 20 years. 

It did at Auburn 

they have won what 8 straight?

TN, after 2 decades, is finally on their way back up. They are not in the upper tier yet, but the way they have recruited on the OL has really made them tougher to handle. They still need 1 or 2 more solid classes but they should compete with Uga in the next few years. FL is also on the way up. Mullen is a good coach. 

37 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Georgia was quicker stronger faster well coached and most importantly,

prepared.

Auburn was none of those things.

players and coaches have to hate to lose and know they will win.

They were but on both sides of the ball?! What the hell, did we lose our moxie?! I feel like players take the personality of their coaches  at times . I can only imagine how intense the practices of UGA and Bama. More talent I can get but to straight up just get punched in the mouth and embarrassed?! To your biggest rival at that . Just legit sickened me.

I don’t know why anyone is saying we can’t lose to anyone right now. I watch Gus coached teams knowing there is at least a 60% we could lose to any team. I’m know some of you thought there was no way we’d lose to Minnesota or UCF, but we know how that turned out. I was actually surprised we beat KY given it was our first game of the season and we haven’t had long to prepare. Not at all surprised by GA. 

4 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

know some of you thought there was no way we’d lose to Minnesota or UCF

There is a pretty big difference between 2 well coached bowl teams and this Ark team that won for the first time in years (sec). But sadly I do agree that with what I have seen so far, we absolutely could lose this game. Ark comes out and gets a score after we go 3-out, they get confidence. Then it is a game. 
No way I would put $ on AU to cover or even win a game after what we did against UK and Uga. We easily could be 0-2. 

As a follow up to my post from after the loss, have you heard anything at all from CGM that would make you believe that anything better/more hopeful is coming? 

Not rhetorical. Genuine question.

True to my word, I will never criticize Malzahn again after last year. Its damn hard for me to do that,too. I expect to lose to Arkansas because they are more physical, less talented of course. Its really sad to see, all because of one booster and an ego driven POS president

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

It did at Auburn 

they have won what 8 straight?

Tennessee hasn’t beaten a top tier team. Yes they have a nice streak going but they won’t be “back” until the beat UGA, FL, or Bama. 

On 10/3/2020 at 11:58 PM, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that there’s a genuine feeling within the coaching staff that 2020 is a get out of jail free year, so they’re not too worried about these losses.

#OnBrand2020

So they are willing to take pay cuts this year as well?  

Archived