If this team loses to Arkansas.

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready y'all. If this team shows up next week Arky is going to beat us. What then? Surely the seat will turn molten. 

39 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that there’s a genuine feeling within the coaching staff that 2020 is a get out of jail free year, so they’re not too worried about these losses.

#OnBrand2020

Saw that coming. We may go 3-7.
Good call in the prediction thread BTW. Knew we were in trouble when I saw your pick. 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Get ready y'all. If this team shows up next week Arky is going to beat us. What then? Surely the seat will turn molten. 

Find a team on our schedule we will for sure beat at this point. Ole miss? Maybe South Carolina? 

44 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that there’s a genuine feeling within the coaching staff that 2020 is a get out of jail free year, so they’re not too worried about these losses.

#OnBrand2020

This might be hard, but when would you say will be "do or die" for Gus? 2024?

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Find a team on our schedule we will for sure beat at this point. Ole miss? Maybe South Carolina? 

There isn't one. The team that showed up tonight loses to everyone in the league. This was 2012esque. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

What chaps my ass about that is how long we've seen this coming - especially the o-line. Yeah, this is the situation we're in, but it's the situation we are in because of the coaching staff, IMO. If we put Stid behind a stud offensive line in 18, or even Bo last season, we are a top 10 team, IMO. Look how little that Bennett kid was asked to do tonight. 

Congrats to your boys on their win today. I know deep down that is where your heart is.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

This might be hard, but when would you say will be "do or die" for Gus? 2024?

I mean...for how much revenue was lost this year, the turmoil, the uncertainty, 2022 at the earliest. 

I hate it too. Just being honest. 
This is our purgatory with Gus. 

35 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I mean...for how much revenue was lost this year, the turmoil, the uncertainty, 2022 at the earliest. 

I hate it too. Just being honest. 
This is our purgatory with Gus. 

I'm not going to act like I know what's happening behind the scenes but I find it unbelievable that everyone is content to sit around for two more seasons while things come down around our ears. Tonight was like watching the 2012 team. 

If beating Alabama every few tears savias Malzahn's job, then I'd much rather lose to Alabama and get his butt out of Auburn.

Just now, auburn4ever said:

If beating Alabama every few tears savias Malzahn's job, then I'd much rather lose to Alabama and get his butt out of Auburn.

Well, you'll get your chance to see if that happens this year. If the team that took the field tonight were to play Bama right now, the score might be worse than 49-0

3 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

I doubt this team will lose to Arkansas. They will probably play with a vengeance and destroy Arky but I don't think that will mean this team has found it's identity and is on it's way to victories over our top rivals. It will just mean that we are at or near the top of the bottom half of the SEC.

The problem against UGA was recruiting. For the last four years AU's classes have ranked (14th, 12th, 12th and 10th) while UGA's have ranked in the top three (rivals team rankings). We are not going to beat the Georgia's, Alabama's, and LSU's consistenly with that kind of recruiting.

If this is a "get out of jail free year", I just hope that it counts as year three of CGM's seven year contract signed before the SEC championship game in 2017. I don't think he will get another contract from AU.

I mean, we're just not going to recruit as well as Georgia or Alabama. Auburn doesn't have the national pull of Alabama (or regional) and Georgia would really be a stronghold even if we competed with them on the field, which we don't. Now, will not being pathetic on the OL help raise some of those recruiting rankings? probably. I feel like that created a pretty big anchor. But you get a coach here expecting he can work schematic advantages, and Gus hasn't done that in quite a while. In fact...him and his defense (he is at the day responsible for that, even if Steele has autonomy) are the ones that have been taken advantage of in some of these big games. Our CBs not being able to look back and make a play on the ball, the consistently poor (post Holland really) edge rush, inability to throw zone as a change up. Alabama, Minnesota, Kentucky (for the most part), UGA now. I believe in Steele and don't think he's a real problem, but I do think he gets a pass when things like this, or MSU in 2018, or UT in 2018, or Minnesota last year occur, where we look completely unable to adjust in any facet all 4 quarters. and other than Minnesota, I felt the other 4 offenses I mentioned were pretty stagnant

I think it's hard to ask anyone to fire expensive head coaches after how much of a disaster COVID is and will be financially for this year and for next year. Sit back and breathe and think about what PTB is saying. We're not going to be able to get the money for a buyout from the same people we hardly convinced to fund the facility last year. They're not gonna get it out of students, no matter how much they might've moved on

just nothing you can do except lament on how bad 2017 ended up being for our future lol

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn won’t lose to Arkansas.  It won’t be a blowout like it’s been in years past but not gonna lose.  Auburn faced the best lines on both sides of the ball they may face all year tonight.  Auburn can shut down Franks and you’ll see the beginning of Tanks reign.  It may end up being 13-10 but Auburn will not lose.

All of that can be true, but its not like you need Georgia's trenches to work our team. Our DL doesn't look good, and didn't look great against UK. They looked above average to me. Pittman should have those guys looking at least better than Kentucky's, although it's going to be because of how good a coach he is, not the talent. Their DL is definitely better than UK's and at least comparable to UGA's based on their season so far. Their whole defense did a great job against Costello, so it's not like it's some guarantee Nix is going to go off 

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Nothing would make their players and fans happier than to beat Morris. 

Very real possibility.  Pittman came from Georgia and I am sure he learned a few defensive schemes from Kirby to make it interesting.

sad thing gus is most likely staying even if our only in this year is kentucky covid  has been a budget killer for schools and colleges only way gus leaves is if he personally decides to step down

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

#OnBrand2020

Please tell me this isn’t true. This should be a fireable offense in itself!!

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Be prepared. I legit turned the game off with my fiancé. She was surprised as hell. I have never done that. I can’t do this anymore with Gus . 

I turned it off after UGA's second TD.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Be prepared. I legit turned the game off with my fiancé. She was surprised as hell. I have never done that. I can’t do this anymore with Gus . 

Same with me. Watched the first half only. Wife stunned. Really looked like 2012.  I turned a lot of the 2012 games off as well.  Really ugly. 

I also turned it off. No reason to watch unprepared and uninspired (other than Tank) players led by a milquetoast HC with apparently no discernible offensive strategy. 

Someone snapped a video of Gus after the game. Enjoy.

tenor (1).gif

Bad thing for Arkansas last night is their two best offensive players (Rakeem Boyd and Treylon Burks) got hurt early and didn’t return. Offense looked anemic after that.

If they can’t go next Saturday not sure there’s enough in the tank to fend off AU the whole game. Auburn probably won’t turn it over 4 times like MSU did.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just a hypothetical here. 1-2, probably should've lost to Kentucky if Terry Wilson understood how playing in the red zone is supposed to go. 

What do you look at as the thing Gus points to to tell the administration he deserves one more year. Demetrius? COVID? the OL recruits in the next cycle?

I think he's capable of pulling something else out, and I don't think its the buyout. I dont think that works 

IF? I fully expect it. Franks gives us the best chance to win. If he is his usual self, we have a chance, although if Arkie sticks to the run and play action, they can overcome Franks

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think situations like this is the only time I wish we had a real Auburn man in the coaching staff. Because Gus clearly doesn't, and hasn't, shown any understanding of how much Georgia and LSU means to this fanbase. He just likes styling on Saban because of personal glory and maintaining that "wizard" status, but it's like we don't even understand beating those two is close to as important as the Iron Bowl on a national and especially regional level 

Having lived in Alabama and now Georgia, I completely agree. I understand how Gus is in a “bammer” bubble, but if he wants to keep a big portion of his support base he would open his eyes. Living amongst Dawg fans is brutal.  Auburn losses to UGA saved Mark Richt’s job multiple times. I have been concerned for years but still supported him as our coach. He doesn’t change, same Gus every year. Of course, we all know it is too late for rehab. We are all just waiting to see what the acceptable buyout number will be. 

And of course today is a typical Sunday after a Georgia game.  The dawg fans I never hear from, didn’t even know they played Auburn this week, no guts to talk smack before the game, are now blowing up my phone with their nonsense.  At least they recognized a coaching issue, and finally did something about it. 

Archived