Kevin Steele officially out as AU DC (Merged & updated: 1/5/20)

RunInRed

16 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Steele entered the transfer portal

Now every time I see you post, I read it like you are laughing lol

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Being they wanted Steele, they would have had a better chance to have him if they fired Gus after Carolina loss, placed Steele as interim.  If the team improved, it would have been easy to slide that tag off of him.  Lucky for us they didn't think that part through. 

I tried to use this logic and was quickly shot down. But yes that would’ve been the smartest thing to do to get your guy.

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Being they wanted Steele, they would have had a better chance to have him if they fired Gus after Carolina loss, placed Steele as interim.  If the team improved, it would have been easy to slide that tag off of him.  Lucky for us they didn't think that part through. 

Thank God Gogue doesn't allow stuff like HC firings to happen before the regular season is over.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I tried to use this logic and was quickly shot down. But yes that would’ve been the smartest thing to do to get your guy.

You only got shot down in the sense AU doesn't do things as cut & dry like that plus in this particular instance it would have been horrific to our program's future.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You only got shot down in the sense AU doesn't do things as cut & dry like that plus in this particular instance it would have been horrific to our program's future.

We could not have handled rumors and meltdowns that long. This is a fragile bunch. 

2 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Could we hire Tuberville as DC and get that dumb POS out of the United States Senate and into a better paid position where he can not do so much harm?

Wow!! That was totally inappropriate. Would be nice to stick to football on a football forum.

25 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Wow!! That was totally inappropriate. Would be nice to stick to football on a football forum.

Deleted it in order to help you avoid a bad case of the vapors. :)

War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

I 100% agree with the comment you deleted. He would be much more useful as a DC. Not for us though.

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

I appreciate that. I’m not quite sure what “ the vapors” is but I’m sure I would not want a case of them.

40 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I appreciate that. I’m not quite sure what “ the vapors” is but I’m sure I would not want a case of them.

You wouldn't. War Eagle to you!

Archived