2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

2CF803F2-3282-4311-BB68-F8E3D40FA4BB.jpeg

Assuming that means he gone.  I had hoped he would be retained on the newly expanded recruiting team. 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, metafour said:

Also, whats with the overstatement on Etheridge's "inexperience"? Guy spent like 3 seasons as a GA at Penn State and Georgia Tech (one of those was under Bill O'Brien - an NFL coach), and then 3 seasons under Billy Napier (the guy everyone just recently wanted as HC) and Dana Holgorsen (a legitimate D1 head coach with success). Houston is a legitimate D1 program, not some divisional school. He also spent two seasons at Western Carolina.

That's 8 years of coaching in some capacity. Under some good head coaches. Guys get hired at this level with less experience than that all the time. We literally hired T-Will from HS as a GA, then promoted him to LB coach. 

There are people who will downplay EVERY hire no matter what. To back up their opinions, they’ll cherry pick info and 24/7 recruiting data. They’re incapable of understanding the interview and vetting process. That process means nothing to them. When in fact it means everything.

Welp, guess the on-field positions are now.....INcomplete. 🤣😂🤣😂

2 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Unless there some articles or knowledge about them being really close this seems weird. They haven't coached together in over a decade. 

• Zeek changed the title to 2021 New Staff (DL coach wanted)
14 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why not hire T-Will to coach the DL? However, if not T-Will, how about Tosh Lupoi?

T-Will barely has any experience coaching LBs and you want him coaching DL?  That's a hard pass and should probably never have been typed.

16 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I would say get after Tosh if mason goes pro .

I was just thinking the same thing. He’s not leaving the NFL unless it’s a coordinator role. He coached the DL, and he’s an amazing recruiter. He checks all the boxes!

18 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I would say get after Tosh if mason goes pro .

He's not. Wish we'd stop entertaining the idea.

Just now, Zeek said:

He's not. Wish we'd stop entertaining the idea.

Hope your right . I’m not entering anything except a rumor. Until it’s to bed we will continue to entertain I’m sure 

What realistic other options might we have?

1. Larry Johnson, Ohio State — $900,000
2. Rodney Garner, Auburn — $700,000
3. Joe Salave’a, Oregon — $650,000
4. Brick Haley, Missouri — $625,000
5. Odell Haggins, Florida State — $525,000
5. Tracy Rocker, South Carolina — $525,000
7. Todd Bates, Clemson — $515,000
8. Terry Price, Texas A&M — $508,000
9. Lemanski Hall, Clemson — $500,000
9. Freddie Roach, Alabama — $500,000

4 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Where is he at? I have not real the thread except for the last page

Currently he is DL and assistant head coach for the Seattle Seahawks.    Previously coached DL at Miami FL and Louisville before going to the NFL.    Strong ties to South FL.   Have no idea if he is a fit for the staff or even interested but an interesting name

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

I was just thinking the same thing. He’s not leaving the NFL unless it’s a coordinator role. He coached the DL, and he’s an amazing recruiter. He checks all the boxes!

Who would call the defense?

Brick Haley was fired for a reason. The LSU folks called him the worst position coach of their lifetime when he coached there. . Supposed to be a good recruiter though

Archived