2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

This kid is ours. Oregon with 4 WRs. 

Yup and Penn State just took a big one.

• 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Isn’t Clemons visiting today?  Would be HIGE to get his commitment after the game!

Yes he is visiting today. His parents in high school coaches are accompanying him.

Then I believe he's announcing his commitment a short while after his Auburn visit. Possibly next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Paladin said:

Yes he is visiting today. His parents in high school coaches are accompanying him.

Then I believe he's announcing his commitment a short while after his Auburn visit. Possibly next week.

Thanks!

@Zeek will put out the full list tomorrow I believe but these were public announcements.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Give this man whatever he wants to finish his career at AU.  BBall only facility... Done.  BBall only whatever.... DONE.

For all the problems I had with JJ, he made two outstanding moves with our basketball program.

• Like 5

Clemmons had to come away impressed by this performance. We couldn't have scripted a much better game for him to watch as he saw a wide open passing game that I am hoping his the final nail to him committing to Auburn. 

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Clemmons had to come away impressed by this performance. We couldn't have scripted a much better game for him to watch as he saw a wide open passing game that I am hoping his the final nail to him committing to Auburn. 

I don't know. He might not like how we throw to the TE so often... /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I was thinking the same thing last night and Bo going 9/9  to start and showing marked improvement impressed me mightily.   I think Bo missed one guy and had one drop.   I don't memorize stat lines, but he looked so much better and hit so many different receivers.   I know it was Akron, but we did what we were supposed to do (unlike vs Mercer or Jax State, etc.).  

Not sure we could show Clemons much else.   Let the chips fall where they may now. 

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 4

On 9/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, Paladin said:

I genuinely love that man. I envy his energy and charisma.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 8:16 AM, McLoofus said:

I don't know. He might not like how we throw to the TE so often... /s

Seriously. I mean, John Samuel Shenker had FIVE catches! IN ONE GAME!!! He only had 15 in the three years prior...clearly, Clemons would have been happier in the previous offense, where TEs were glorified blocking dummies...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

...Just for posterity's sake, I'll likewise throw in the /s

Edited by Rednilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Who ISN'T? 😂 

Kirby Smart?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, AUwent said:

Anyone attending tonight, I know it's Akron but try to create an atmosphere that leaves a mark on him!

Luckily the recruit section is right next to the student section and right below the jumbotron.  I would say it was a success, although the recruit section was maybe 50% full, if that.

On 9/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, abw0004 said:

Luckily the recruit section is right next to the student section and right below the jumbotron.  I would say it was a success, although the recruit section was maybe 50% full, if that.

I'm not as worried about not having many recruits there as I am the atmosphere for the recruits who were there. Clemons is a HUGE prospect for us to get, because he has the potential to make a big impact from day one.