2021 Vandy Transfer RB Keyon Henry-Brooks

auburn4ever

Would Auburn consider going after this guy? He's transferring out of Vandy and I think he'll have 2 years of eligibility left. He's 6-1, 203 from Powder Springs, Georgia.

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Would Auburn consider going after this guy? He's transferring out of Vandy and I think he'll have 2 years of eligibility left. He's 6-1, 203 from Powder Springs, Georgia.

Let me call them. I will get back to ya. @auburn4ever Keith said AU will give him an eval. 

I like the kid. I think he would be a great compliment to what we have now and the fact he has SEC experience along with 2 years left...yes. I wonder if e do go after him if having DC DM would help at all. 

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

KN said he'll get an evaluation 

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 Vandy Transfer RB Keyon Henry-Brooks
27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Thanks but Tigerpro had already covered what I was going to say.

You know it'll be asked again. You're on deck. 

I could see us taking this young man. Whether we do or not this staff is impressing me. We lose Gus at a bad time so initial signing class is weak. They manage to turn it around somewhat in second signing group plus a transfer in Leota. They keep working and gets Brooks and Dreshun Miller they may have found a viable RB in this young man if they decide they really want him. They get a HS OT and HS RB in second signing class plus other solid players. They have already gotten a 2022 commitment from a 3*QB who has started to move up the charts, they found a NR LB who just became a High 3* in 2022 class.  I have seen more offers to OT's from all over the country then previous staff did in many years.

We will have to wait 3-4 years before making final judgement as play on field is what counts but I love the planning, scouting and recruiting energy I have seen so far. They have done a great job of trying to plug the holes previous regime left behind.  If they can find at least 1 Impact OT in transfer Portal then I think they would get an A rating.  I am not saying this class matched up with other juggernauts we compete against because it is not close I would give the A rating for how good they did with what they were given and how little time they had to fix it.

16 hours ago, au302 said:

SIAP but would this kid have immediate eligibility? I'm assuming since Vandy had a coaching change that would help

If he's not a graduate transfer he'll need a waiver from the NCAA. Otherwise, he'll have to sit a year. Since he was initially in the class of 2019 it's not likely he has graduated. Possible, but not likely. I'm not sure we will want to use a scholarship on a player who can't be of immediate help, though Mason may throw his weight behind this kid coming to AU.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If he's not a graduate transfer he'll need a waiver from the NCAA. Otherwise, he'll have to sit a year. Since he was initially in the class of 2019 it's not likely he has graduated. Possible, but not likely. I'm not sure we will want to use a scholarship on a player who can't be of immediate help, though Mason may throw his weight behind this kid coming to AU.

You are correct there is some risk. Lately though when there is a coaching change NCAA has been granting the waiver. I think the real risk would be if Vandy invoked the rule of not allowing transfer within the conference. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived