5 * CG Zion Cruz

johnjacob

• johnjacob changed the title to 5 * CG Zion Cruz is committing this Friday

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d hope to get him signed over just the commitment, but you can’t run before you walk. Wishing the best 

From his interviews I think Bruce and Co. get him. He even let slip he was recruiting Walker to come with him to AU.

2 hours ago, johnjacob said:

From his interviews I think Bruce and Co. get him. He even let slip he was recruiting Walker to come with him to AU.

Idk what the character looks like, as I just read the pieces about his satisfaction on campus in passing. But I do know he was at the rec during that visit at the same time I was. I’m taking 0.25 credit off the top for his commitment 

*knock on wood* but @Zeekcome here if you want some great recruiting news friday!!! lmao. Say the word and you can be a official Basketball Barner and convert over from football!!!!!! lol. We will PRINT. THE. SHIRTS!!!! BAY BAAAAAAY!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d hope to get him signed over just the commitment, but you can’t run before you walk. Wishing the best 

Yes. I will feel better even if he commits, if he signs in the early signing period like Jabari did.  If not, look out Gleague.:angry:

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Yes. I will feel better even if he commits, if he signs in the early signing period like Jabari did.  If not, look out Gleague.:angry:

I don't have it in me to get up just for a commitment (other than using it to talk mess to other basketball programs), but it is a good sign that this guy hasn't any other college even reportedly as close as we've been. Auburn vs GLeague is a bit easier than Auburn vs blue bloods, although that may fly in the face of recent events

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

*knock on wood* but @Zeekcome here if you want some great recruiting news friday!!! lmao. Say the word and you can be a official Basketball Barner and convert over from football!!!!!! lol. We will PRINT. THE. SHIRTS!!!! BAY BAAAAAAY!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm ready GWill baptize me in the round ball goodness!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

G-League now that Auburn has hopes for a 5*:

2568F549-D7E4-42D9-8A98-7FF6E1F55448.gif

Auburn when the GLeague tries to take the 5 star now that NIL passes. 

613e643a039efddea9ead3bca4bcedba.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm ready GWill baptize me in the round ball goodness!

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It appears he pushed it back but it’s nothing in concrete 

Well that's disappointing.

19 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well that's disappointing.

Eh, yeah but his commitment date wasn’t even something pushed by non Auburn heads from what I could find. Players generally try to find whoever they can to hype them up when it comes time to commit 

Not saying he didn’t allude to some time period, but I think some guys in this camp might’ve heard something on an IG live and ran with it heavy

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, AuburnArch13 said:

Guess we should probably modify the thread title.

Maybe it’s THIS this Friday?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

Maybe it’s THIS this Friday?

Don't hold your breath, my friend. :laugh:

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

North Carolina just offered. May delay commitment. Guess we'll see.

Does UNC have the same luster it did before Davis or has some of the luster come off? Davis is an unproven coach and struggled to keep players, who transferred out. One has to wonder if he was the right choice . Wes Miller may have been a better choice, since he has HC experience and has done pretty well without UNC's money men helping him recruit. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johnjacob said:

Does UNC have the same luster it did before Davis or has some of the luster come off? Davis is an unproven coach and struggled to keep players, who transferred out. One has to wonder if he was the right choice . Wes Miller may have been a better choice, since he has HC experience and has done pretty well without UNC's money men helping him recruit. 

Ofc NC has still that Blue Blood luster. You don't lose it bc of 1 down year and a legendary coach retiring.

yes Davis is green, but he can sell Cruz on being the key guy to bring them back to the top. Sometimes a new coach brings energy and guys want to jump on that bandwagon. 

So, I would never down them as not a strong factor...