Anyone want to defend Goodman's latest piece?

AUght2win

Well what is the piece? That would be nice to have to see what I may or may not be defending 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well what is the piece? That would be nice to have to see what I may or may not be defending 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/07/auburns-new-football-coach-raising-alarms.html 

Just the expected AL article about how stupid Harsin's "Covid vaccine' comments were. 

Not sure why this needs a separate thread though. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/07/auburns-new-football-coach-raising-alarms.html 

Just the expected AL article about how stupid Harsin's "Covid vaccine' comments were. 

Not sure why this needs a separate thread though. 

So basically what everyone else has been critiquing him about including our own.

I will see my way out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’m pretty sure Harsin has been counseled on how to answer this question by the university. I swear people just want to get pissed about anything’s 

Learning curve.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

So basically what everyone else has been critiquing him about including our own.

I will see my way out.

Probably for the best. Harsin gave a very strategic answer that pointed to giving his players autonomy for a medical decision - despite this autonomy potentially costing him games. 

Saban basically said the same thing. 

PS. I am vaccinated. But I believe it's totally legit to not get it if you aren't comfortable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Probably for the best. Harsin gave a very strategic answer that pointed to giving his players autonomy for a medical decision - despite this autonomy potentially costing him games. 

Saban basically said the same thing. 

PS. I am vaccinated. But I believe it's totally legit to not get it if you aren't comfortable. 

I guess what I am saying is this could've been added to the already heated thread about the topic. The author's feelings is no different than what a good bit of our posters and other fans feel. Whether people agree with it or not isn't the point. It just seems like this thread was created to extenuate your personal preference or vendetta against this author.

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

I guess what I am saying is this could've been added to the already heated thread about the topic. The author's feelings is no different than what a good bit of our posters and other fans feel. Whether people agree with it or not isn't the point.

Is there an overall thread about the vaccine discussion or just about Harsin's comments. I genuinely missed it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I guess what I am saying is this could've been added to the already heated thread about the topic. The author's feelings is no different than what a good bit of our posters and other fans feel. Whether people agree with it or not isn't the point.

I do think it's wild that Goodman is employed to write sports articles like these though. 

• Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

Is there an overall thread about the vaccine discussion or just about Harsin's comments. I genuinely missed it.

It is all tied in one. This thread made it seem like Goodman said some scouring thing about CBH, when in reality a good bit of what is being said could be applied to what has already been said in that thread (There are some potshots obviously.)

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is all tied in one. This thread made it seem like Goodman said some scouring thing about CBH, when in reality a good bit of what is being said could be applied to what has already been said in that thread (There are some potshots obviously.)

He did directly take aim at CBH. No mention of Saban's almost identical comments. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will see my way out.

Hard to agree with you , some may think I am agreeing with you leaving.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

He did directly take aim at CBH. No mention of Saban's almost identical comments. 

Well based on what I've read NS has said it is a personal choice, however, it would seem he advocated for getting the vaccination based on his tone. You can read it on the other thread. Probably why his team has a 90% compliance rate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well based on what I've read NS has said it is a personal choice, however, it would seem he advocated for getting the vaccination based on his tone. You can read it on the other thread. Probably why his team has a 90% compliance rate.

Or his players are individuals who came to that decision on their own?

To me, if CNS was more demanding, it's selfish. What would you rather hear as a player?

A. "Hey, I don't care if you're scared of it or not. You're getting that vaccine because I need to win games!

B. "It's your own personal medical decision. We won't force you one way or the other."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I also care deeply about everyone's  opinion on the subject as well because I'm incapable of forming my own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I think the difference would be the vax rates between UoA and AU. Harsin missed a good opportunity to sound well informed. In the very least he should have just spoken about how and who was leading the vaccination process at AU as I am quite sure it’s not the football coach. If it is, AU President has messed up IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

To me, if CNS was more demanding, it's selfish. What would you rather hear as a player?

A. "Hey, I don't care if you're scared of it or not. You're getting that vaccine because I need to win games!

B. "It's your own personal medical decision. We won't force you one way or the other."

Neither of those are real examples.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What are you talking about? This is why I hate getting into this stuff with you because you either just make up stuff on the spot or just want to argue. Did I say NS demanded anything? I said he agrees that it is a personal decision but unlike CBH he is advocating for his players and others to get it. He wasn't non-committed. He also mentioned that the players could possibly affect their teammates and personal goals based on their decisions. That is more than enough of information for them to decide what they want to do. I know he got it and that says a lot.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

?

I want to read the ****show of a thread about vaccine fights on the football forum so I can form an opinion based on the opinions of others- most of which I dont know.

• Like 3