Harsin: Team 60% vacinated

mb711

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I heard last year that a lot of the team contracted COVID over the course of the spring and summer of 2020. If someone has immunity from prior infection, they should not be pressured to take the vaccine.

EXACTLY!

• Like 6
  • Dislike 7

I just hope Harsin doesn't say anything foolish or admit that he himself wont get vaccinated, which would be a bad look for Auburn. 

It'll be super annoying if this costs Auburn games this year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

No matter which side of this you may fall regarding vaccines, believe it or not, there are bigger issues at play than football games...

1 minute ago, fredst said:

It is pretty interesting that many, including the “experts” like Fauci, have completely discounted natural immunity. High targets for vaccination percentages are great and I am a big advocate for this and all vaccines. Disregarding natural immunity they way they have is weird to me though….

It'$ beyond weird, it'$ flat-out disingenuou$ and borderline deceit via omi$$ion.

If you've had Covid already, that should absolutely be treated as a vaccination.  If I'd had it already, there's no way I would have gotten the shot.

I loved Mike Leach's response to the "are you vaccinated?" question he was asked at media days.  Basically, he said"It's none of your GD business."

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I just hope Harsin doesn't say anything foolish or admit that he himself wont get vaccinated, which would be a bad look for Auburn. 

It'll be super annoying if this costs Auburn games this year. 

Yep.  I wonder how quick he'll be to fall on the sword if we have to forfeit a game or two because of covid.

• Like 2

Haven't had a case in 5 months with extended time away from campus for the entire roster, seems like whatever plan they have in place is working.

I think AL media is all too quick to jump on Harsin, so that piece of it is frustrating. Saying that you have very well respected team doctors educating your players on pros/cons then allowing them to make their own choice is a hugely responsible approach. Could have taken the easy way out and said that it is about playing and winning games...which is effectively what Kirby said. 

• Like 3

I wonder if he changes his tune when unvacinnated players start missing games. Pros and Cons? Seriously like their are any comparable cons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Interesting that a fanbase that has long prided itself on how the staff and University have molded young people into "Auburn men and women" and has largely opposed relaxed transfer rules and NIL is suddenly all "let the kids be kids" on this issue.

Just kidding. It's not that interesting anymore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Yep.  I wonder how quick he'll be to fall on the sword if we have to forfeit a game or two because of covid.

That should be a fireable offense for cause. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 6

I don't care if he won't definitive say it's good or bad. My point is the data and professionals with knowledge are hopefully being utilized versus personal opinion. If you want to advocate or be resistant that is fine, but have some data to point to the decisions.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Utter failure of leadership. Saban’s already eating his lunch.

I don't know that I'd say this, but I do admit that it's not a great looks to have Saban doing state wide pro-vaccine commercials while Harsin does the Hee Haw "pros and cons...personal choice" dance 

being reported that Bama is already near 90% vaccination. 

• Like 9
  • Dislike 3

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Utter failure of leadership. Saban’s already eating his lunch.

I almost pointed to him as someone who *does* understand his platform, but didn't want to pour any more hot sauce on this enchilada.

• Haha 2

I actually think he’s being a leader. By allowing his players to make the decision for themselves hes allowing them to be adults. None of us know whether Harsin has the vax or not. He very well couldve told his player- I chose to get vaccinated i want you to make whatever decision you feel is best for your health and others. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1