Air Fryer Recipes

My folks gave us one for Christmas. Ninja Foodi XL—also bakes, roasts, grills, and dehydrates. 

Breaded some chicken tendies for its first endeavor and they turned out bomb. 

So anyone got any good recipes?

On 12/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

My folks gave us one for Christmas. Ninja Foodi XL—also bakes, roasts, grills, and dehydrates. 

Breaded some chicken tendies for its first endeavor and they turned out bomb. 

So anyone got any good recipes?

I don't have any recipies for you.  We use ours to roast vegetables instead of in the oven because it's much quicker & it doesn't use as much elec as the big oven.  Pretty much any kind of veg drizzled with olive oil, salt/pepper at 400 deg for about 15 min does the trick.  I do like to cube a couple of potatoes, rub them with a little olive oil and sprinkle salt/pepper & smoked paprika and then let the air fryer do its thang.  👍 

• Thanks 1

McWifey killed some fried pickles. If you like those, then find a recipe that uses a basic egg wash and panko breading, air fry them on a pan for 5 minutes, flip and go another 5. 

Well I guess I will be the first to post an actual recipe...

WINGS from freezer to eating in under 30 minutes

A little back story about my nuwave.  It comes with some mesh trays so that you don't have to worry about flipping things in the middle or anything like that.  It also works great to make sure that everything cooks all the way around. 

Ingredients:

• 8-10 frozen wings
  • Favorite wing sauce

Steps:

• Place your catch tray in the bottom and preheat oven to 400
  • Place your wings on the mesh trays
  • Once oven is preheated, put your wings in for 10 minutes
  • After the 10 minutes, bring wings out and toss in your favorite sauce.  What I do is a slight mix of sauces for 8-10 wings:
    • 1/2 cup - Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce
    • 1/4 cup - Franks Buffalo Sauce
    • 1/4 cup Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce
    • Some salt & pepper
  • Place the wings back on your mesh tray 
  • Bake another 10-15 minutes @ 400 without re-preheating
  • I personally like my wings dry, but if you like your wings saucy then toss them in your sauce again after they are done.

If you are cooking for one like I do then you can take the other mesh tray and add some fries or tots for the last 10-15 minutes.

Also note that the cook times on this depend on the size of your wings.  The wings need to be internal temp of 165°F for safe eating.

I am not a person to take food pictures but thought I would get a picture to show the air fryer as well.

20220105_191702.thumb.jpg.0160754b3ef30bbccca441b80cae54a7.jpg

• Love 1

Following as well. Have one that looks more like a space ship, not a traditional oven look. Made some good fries in it and hot dogs once.  I'll have to find the instructions again but I remember having the buns in the fryer for a little bit and it was amazing.  Still fluffy on inside but toasty on outside. 

• 1 month later...

One of my go to wing sauces is Hoisin sauce with brown sugar and honey. Hoisin sauce is just a Japanese bbq sauce but it’s delicious and something different.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I guess I could never replace a good skillet with an air grill, as far as I'm concerned they are too different worlds.