Kobe gone

PigskinPat

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Allegedly...   how many QB wideouts has nick signed?   id rather sign waddle, ruggs, Julio, etc.   Wideouts vs QB to transform into wideouts. 

Recruiting WRs to play WRs? That’s a bold move cotton.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

Allegedly...   how many QB wideouts has nick signed?   id rather sign waddle, ruggs, Julio, etc.   Wideouts vs QB to transform into wideouts. 

It doesn’t matter. Talent is talent. This was his first year at the position and it wasn’t like there was stellar QB play but I see u on the good riddance trip. At the end of the day he is a young man that made a mistake and hopes he learn from it

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully. What’s wrong with that. Allegedly QBs make great receivers. Hines Ward , Cobb , Edelman and Logan Thomas to name a few

But all of those players were college qbs and made the transition in the NFL or late in college.  I think in the recent years the putting the best athlete at qb has been reduced at the high school level, but it still holds validity.

• Like 2

This is unfortunate. Hate to see him leave, especially under these circumstances. Part of the culture shift.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

It doesn’t matter. Talent is talent. This was his first year at the position and it wasn’t like there was stellar QB play but I see u on the good riddance trip. At the end of the day he is a young man that made a mistake and hopes he learn from it

808, you would not hire a really talented tech guy as your CFO or a really talented financial guy to head cybersecurity.  For wide outs, sign kids who can run routes and catch the ball vs kids that are athletic and play QB.  

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

. This is not a team run by an easy going coach anymore. His way or the highway. 

I mean, tank didn't even show up for the first two bowl practices so... 

There's got to be a pretty significant catalyst for this dismissal. 

Didn’t see that coming. One less target for Caleb Williams to throw to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

808, you would not hire a really talented tech guy as your CFO or a really talented financial guy to head cybersecurity.  For wide outs, sign kids who can run routes and catch the ball vs kids that are athletic and play QB.  

Terrible example. Doesn’t a QB have to know the offense like a wide receiver. Finance and Tech guy are different professions. He is a football player still playing footballl on the offensive side nonetheless.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Don't know for sure, but I'm sure it was a combination of 'things' that precipitated the decision by the coach and staff...wish him the best... he was a 'natural' wide receiver...

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

Terrible example. Doesn’t a QB have to know the offense like a wide receiver. Finance and Tech guy are different professions. He is a football player still playing footballl on the offensive side nonetheless.

Finance and tech guys better be in sync 100%.  All large FI's are nothing more than large FIN Techs.     

This sucks. Like, really sucks. Dude had a TD catch in our last 3 games. Kobe was blossoming near the end of the year with some crazy catches, and had the best hands in the group. What is going on.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What is going on.

HE chose to do something and has since been removed from the team. 

• Like 7

Here's what I don't get. Harsin has made it clear, *especially* with the receiver group, that you earn reps not primarily through talent, but with buy-in and practice effort.

Kobe played as much as an WR down the stretch. So he must have been in good standing until recently. Wonder what he did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

HE chose to do something and has since been removed from the team. 

I mean, I don't doubt it. But I'll need details before I condemn the kid. Like I said, he had bought-in and worked hard enough to get major playing time down the stretch and be our #1 WR. So something must have drastically changed in the past week. Interested to hear what it was.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I mean, I don't doubt it. But I'll need details before I condemn the kid. Like I said, he had bought-in and worked hard enough to get major playing time down the stretch and be our #1 WR. So something must have drastically changed in the past week. Interested to hear what it was.

Okay

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I really hope that we hit on recruiting this year. With us having to play Bama, UGA and LSU every year with the two former being the best two programs in the nation, and the latter being practically guaranteed to get at least close to that level, we could be looking at some ugly years in the very near future. 

That's not even mentioning potentially having to play one of either Texas or Oklahoma on a yearly basis. Imagine the recruiting classes that they'd be able to bring in via NIL deals with their alumni and booster support AND the draw of playing in the best conference...

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Don’t condemn anyone. He’s just not at AU anymore.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t condemn anyone. He’s just not at AU anymore.

Getting kicked off a D1 football team with no prior offenses is pretty serious. It isn't just a portal decision. 

• Like 1