Former AU QB Jeff Klein passes away

Sani-Freeze

Prayers, and heartfelt condolences for his family, and loved ones. This life is so much more fragile than we realize sometimes. 

Enjoy it while you can, and tell those around you that you love them everyday. 

My heart aches for the ones left behind.

• Like 2

Ran into him in school at Auburn a couple times; a genuine and humble attitude that made me root for him to succeed.  Sad to see him leave so soon.

This one hits hard. I was a fan of Klein's when he played. I was in 8th grade when he made his start against UT. Class act and AU man. Heart is broken for this family. So young. Nothing prepares you for losing a parent. I lost 3 in the last 18 months, but Im in my 30s. I can't imagine having to go through adolescent years without mine. God wrap your gracious arms around this family and help them see the way through these times. Take good care of #9...you got a good one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My goodness this is just awful, I cannot even imagine what his wife is going through dealing with this and with 3 young boys. Fortunately the family does have the support of many and I’m sure folks will be there for them these many years to come. Prayers to all.  

RIP #9

This sounds exactly like the situation my uncle went through. At our family Christmas get together 2015, I told my uncle "you've lost weight. What have you been doing different?" He replied "Nothing really. I don't have near the appetite I used to." Well fast forward a few months and he kept complaining of lower back pain. He had already had 2 back surgeries years prior and thought it was that. Well, he began peeing blood and at night he would sweat so bad that my aunt was putting down beach towels for him to sleep on. He finally went to the doctor and they did scans. He had stage 4 kidney cancer and they sent him to Vanderbilt. He was at Vanderbilt 10 days. They did surgery to remove 2 tumors from his kidneys but he was deteriorating. They told him it was just a matter of time before he passed. Easter sunday was coming up and he decided to leave Vandy and go home with his kids and grandkids. Hospice came by for the first time on a saturday and the next day, Easter sunday, he passed away at home. Never ever ignore your body when it's going through major changes like severe night sweats, blood in your urine or stool, etc. Get to a doctor. WDE

• Sad 1

So sad, rest in peace Nine.

Harsh reminder for the rest of us to pay attention to Tim McGraw's now over played song... "Live Like You were Dying" and go hug your peeps.

• Like 4