Auburn's Starting Quarterback will be...

Zeek

Who will be the starting quarterback game 1 of the season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start game 1 against Mercer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2022 at 07:17 PM

Let's make some projections! Who do you think will be the starting quarterback game 1 of the season?

Who do you think will start the most games this season?

Three way tie makes sense lol

Calzada
Finley
Ashford OR Greiner

Harsin will not announce the 1st string QB.  He'll go into even the 1st game or two claiming Calzada and TJ are neck and neck.

This will cause for half the fanbase to call for Finley when Calzada completes 55% vs PSU.  A quarter each will then be split vs Ashford/Greiner 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Calzada
Finley
Ashford OR Greiner

Harsin will not announce the 1st string QB.  He'll go into even the 1st game or two claiming Calzada and TJ are neck and neck.

This will cause for half the fanbase to call for Finley when Calzada completes 55% vs PSU.  A quarter each will then be split vs Ashford/Greiner 

Sorry, don’t get what you meant by last sentence.

A quarter each will then be split vs Ashford/Greiner 

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry, don’t get what you meant by last sentence.

A quarter each will then be split vs Ashford/Greiner 

worded badly.

50% will call for TJ
A quarter each (25%/25%) will be split wanting Ashford or Greiner

• Like 1

Calzada starts the season and stinks it up, TJ gets the start, game 4 and stinks, back to Calzada until the end of the season where we finish the season 6-6 and Calzada was nothing special. Ashford never even sniffs the field, and Holden is RS. We all saw TJ limp the field vs Bama. Harsin is as stubborn as Gus. I won’t be surprised if Ashford is a by the time the season starts.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Calzada starts the season and stinks it up, TJ gets the start, game 4 and stinks, back to Calzada until the end of the season where we finish the season 6-6 and Calzada was nothing special. Ashford never even sniffs the field, and Holden is RS. We all saw TJ limp the field vs Bama. Harsin is as stubborn as Gus. I won’t be surprised if Ashford is a by the time the season starts.

Ashford is what?

54 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't think we know if CBH is stubborn as a mule right now or not.  At least he's got a few options and a good QB competition. 

Calzada. If he goes down, Finley is brought in to finish the game he gets hurt in. Then, if it's determined that Calzada's out for an extended period, Geriner gets the keys. Ashford possibly gets special packages, but won't start unless Geriner makes no jumps this summer and fall camp like Harsin says he's expecting 

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

I don't think we know if CBH is stubborn as a mule right now or not.  At least he's got a few options and a good QB competition. 

I agree, and while we should never base a Spring scrimmage on a starting QB, at this point, I do believe Ash is the best QB. TJ has the size, Calzada has the most experience, but the ceiling appears to be lower for each of them. BH has to find a way to win at least 7 this year counting a bowl and TJ nor Calzada will get him there. Start w Ashford and if there are packages for TJ put them in, because in the end Holden will be the best. Then again, I also believe in giving Harsin at least 3 years to prove his point of changing the culture and dynamic of what has become a very stale program the last four to five years. 

• Like 3

I voted for Calzada named as the starter for game one, mainly because of ticket sales.

I have heard a some people say they won't buy a ticket if TJ is named the starter.

Ashford - Don't pay any attention to A-day performances. If he is named the starter it will be because of what he does in fall practice.

Geriner - A true freshman starting behind this years O-line? I hope not, for the sake of his career.

Harsin may be "as stubborn as a mule", but if this team doesn't demonstrate meaningful improvement and win some games, he might be looking for a new pasture in 2023.

Who’s Greiner? It’s Geriner isn’t it?

Holden Geriner 

Edited by toddc

Calzada starting first game but I hope Ashford can take over and strengthen our run game, because he’ll have to be accounted for. If he can learn the offense and get the deep ball working he’s our best chance to win some we wouldn’t otherwise.

All guessing of course! 😝 

Edited by toddc

I think Calzada will start game one just because of experience. I believe Ashford will be starting by halfway point 

Calzada will start, but I'm just about convinced that Geriner is the best QB on the roster. At least in the limited viewing we've had of him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We all saw TJ limp the field vs Bama. Harsin is as stubborn as Gus.

Please don't tell me you're still on the D Davis hype train.  Guy couldn't get another P5 or even a top G5 offer.

I honestly think it could be Geriner if Harsin’s job was more secure. The way things are, he can’t put is job in the hands of a freshman. He will go with experience and his best hope is probably Calzada. I think Ashford has the opportunity to get in with designed plays and build Harsin’s trust enough to take the second spot. If Calzada fails it may be to late to go TJ.  They may have to roll with the young guns and try to play the “future looks bright” card. A big win by a young guy could energize people and get him another year.

5 hours ago, provibe said:

I think Calzada will start game one just because of experience. I believe Ashford will be starting by halfway point 

If a guy who couldn't even get into a game in two years at Oregon turns out to be our best QB, we are in deeper doo-doo than I thought.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If a guy who couldn't even get into a game in two years at Oregon turns out to be our best QB, we are in deeper doo-doo than I thought.

You are right. Because if a kid can’t start day one, no way in hell he gets better! Right?

• Like 2

Calzada starts the season. He gets 3 warm up games to look good in. After that he looks average against better teams. Defense helps us stay in some games. Maybe he makes less mistakes than the other QBs and squeaks out some wins for us.