When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Last yr Stoops coached Okie in the bowl game. I remember Barry Alvarez filled in at Whisky... Hmmmmm, who do we have...Used to have alot of ex AU coaches still living in Auburn... One thing for sure,  when Hars is fired,  his family will jet outta town b4 sundown

image.jpeg.5b9e12080154638b454c0ce3ad61cc57.jpeg

l know of one who is close by 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Last yr Stoops coached Okie in the bowl game. I remember Barry Alvarez filled in at Whisky... Hmmmmm, who do we have...Used to have alot of ex AU coaches still living in Auburn... One thing for sure,  when Hars is fired,  his family will jet outta town b4 sundown

Yep....I was thinking it would be a great time to have Derek Mason right now haha

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well it does because you interim can be way worse then your current coach. 

Season is effectively lost.

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Arizona St beat AU to the punch

I bet Georgia Tech happens very soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Yep ASU just let Herm go. Wise move. 

I think ASU might want Harsin. He is more a west coast guy from a recruiting standpoint, and the probably can compete in the PAC-12, especially once USC is gone to the B1G.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I get it, and with superagents it's even harder. But how did it get this way?  I can't think of any other job where you can come completely undone, fail in every aspect to the detriment of your employer and not have a monetary consequence.

It should work both ways. Number of wins, bowl games, championships, recruiting rankings should all have bonuses attached. The idea that we are paying multiple coaches millions for sucking it up is 🤬 

Golden parachutes are pretty common for high paid execs in all industries, especially for Fortune 500 companies and then high flying tech companies -- both private and public. I agree it's obnoxious, but it is by no means uncommon.

42 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Season is effectively lost.

The season yes. Let's not set the program back two or three seasons though with a quick reaction. But I will ask you, Who would you name as interim head coach now?

1 hour ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I get it, and with superagents it's even harder. But how did it get this way?  I can't think of any other job where you can come completely undone, fail in every aspect to the detriment of your employer and not have a monetary consequence.

It should work both ways. Number of wins, bowl games, championships, recruiting rankings should all have bonuses attached. The idea that we are paying multiple coaches millions for sucking it up is 🤬 

We need innovative people designing contracts.

Pay more up front. Much more. But:

First year: Bye.

Second year: Losing season causes one year to be dropped off of your buyout.

Third year: Losing following a year two losing season causes two years to be dropped off your buyout.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The season yes. Let's not set the program back two or three seasons though with a quick reaction. But I will ask you, Who would you name as interim head coach now?

Probably Etheridge.  He's the other Asst Head Coach that isn't a Boise Guy.

If we are 3-4 going into the Bye and Bryan is fired....We've got one win left with WKU. Even losing that isn't going yo set us back

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Probably Etheridge.  He's the other Asst Head Coach that isn't a Boise Guy.

If we are 3-4 going into the Bye and Bryan is fired....We've got one win left with WKU. Even losing that isn't going yo set us back

It is not solely about wins. It is about keeping the class intact and making sure the pieces behind the scene at bay. Running meetings, coming up and following game plans. Keeping structure not only on the field but off the field. Knowing communication and leadership style as well. I think you truly think it is as easy as saying here you go, run the ship haha. But fair enough. I will say I believe Etheridge would be a better resort than caddy.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TigerStripe said:

Golden parachutes are pretty common for high paid execs in all industries, especially for Fortune 500 companies and then high flying tech companies -- both private and public. I agree it's obnoxious, but it is by no means uncommon.

True. I don't usually associate golden parachutes with execs who have completely tanked their companies, but I guess it does happen. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is not solely about wins. It is about keeping the class intact and making sure the pieces behind the scene at bay. Running meetings, coming up and following game plans. Keeping structure not only on the field but off the field. Knowing communication and leadership style as well. I think you truly think it is as easy as saying here you go, run the ship haha. But fair enough. I will say I believe Etheridge would be a better resort than caddy.

Yeah I get that. True

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah I get that. True

Etheridge is on a fast track to leadership. I don't know if people know this but he was selected to American Football Coaches Association institution which is pretty damn cool. Things like that are very meaningful. That tells me he has taken the necessary steps in working on his craft on and off the field as a leader. So I would love to see him succeed.

• Like 3

I think our biggest problem is going to be finding the right coach. Not because we can’t I just don’t trust us to. 

You have the “untouchables” that if you hold your nose and pull the trigger and take the horrible media backlash your program will be fine. Meyer, Gruden, Briles.

You have the guys that if you opened the bank for they may leave retirement. Stoops, Peterson.

you have poachable HCs from other teams. Aranada, Kiffin, Freeze, Wittingham.

you have NFL guys. Rhule, Moore. I’m sure there are others.

you have the “pure recruiter” hire like Deion, McGee.

The options exist when Harsin is fired. Will we choose a guy, target him, open the checkbook, let him build a staff, let him rip. Hopefully the Harsin debacle showed the need to spend money on the right coach and NIL

19 hours ago, AUfan3333 said:

I have been reading through this thread and have stated that I am all in on Deion. I have read some of us that are not sold because of experience and other things. I agree with some of you that say it’s about the recruiting.

I want to expand on what I think makes Deion a great choice. We, Auburn, need a culture change!!! That is what Deion can do. Auburn, and even some of us on this board, have been stagnant for a while now and have just accepted mediocrity. We need life breathed into the program and something exciting to look forward to!

This is what Deion can do. Not only being a great recruiter, he can bring in a great staff. You know they say you want to bring in great people to make you look better. That’s what he can do. Change culture and bring excitement to our incredible university, we definitely deserve it at this point!!

Look Deion is a great player and person and maybe a decent coach, but he is not a D1 SEC West team coach yet. Maybe someday but he doesn’t have the experience yet. Again I think the world of Deion but we don’t need someone OJTing at Auburn 🤔