When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

Just now, Tigers77 said:

Ummmm ok. 😂. Pretty sure you got the “might be slow” part right

I got the "ahead of you" part right too.

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I watched UT play UTSA last night.  Jeff Traylor has done a phenomenal job at UTSA, and his players love him. I'd put him on the list of candidates. Harsin needs to go ASAP.  He knows he is gone, and he's got to be angry and bitter about the offseason bs.  I can't see anything positive coming out of leaving him hanging around.

Good call. He would come to Auburn imo. But if he’s not obsessed with recruiting then no thanks. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Thats what you were doing in 2017, 18, 19, 20?

There are still some 4* holdovers who signed with Gus. I think Harsin has ONE 4*, a player from Auburn high school who hasn't seen the field yet.

Are you sure you don't want to go hide in a corner, lick those wounds and re-group?

• Facepalm 1

What’s something that makes Auburn stand out to recruits in comparison to other schools? Football is about brand now, and we have to build that. We need to seriously answer that question. What is our brand? What do we have that will make recruits choose us over the other schools our recruits are choosing over Auburn?

• Like 2

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

What’s something that makes Auburn stand out to recruits in comparison to other schools? Football is about brand now, and we have to build that. We need to seriously answer that question. What is our brand? What do we have that will make recruits choose us over the other schools our recruits are choosing over Auburn?

Exactly this and if we don't find it soon we will be screwed for a long time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are still some 4* holdovers who signed with Gus. I think Harsin has ONE 4*, a player from Auburn high school who hasn't seen the field yet.

Are you sure you don't want to go hide in a corner, lick those wounds and re-group?

Again, your response has nothing to do with what you said and what I replied to.  

You're trying so hard, I'm proud of your efforts.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've worked with Jeff before when he was at Longview.  Amazing guy and coach.  He'd be good, but he's not ready for this job yet 

I'm not sure anybody is ready for this job right now. Another interesting name is Gary Patterson.  Sark hired him at UT as a special assistant, and he is widely credited for revamping the UT defense that did an incredible job against Bama. He was doing more with less at TCU for decades, and that may be a job requirement at Auburn for a while.  On the whole, I'd rather have him as a defensive coordinator than head coach though.

Edited by Cardin Drake

Barning Hard?

That’s worse than the “Are You Hard” crap the athletic department put out a few weeks ago.

Edited by keesler
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks, I fell into the trap thinking Harsin could develop our current roster to give him time to upgrade our talent level . He is 0-6 in his last 6 games against P5 teams. The development didn't happen and for various reasons he hasn't upgraded our talent level. His only card left is Calzada. If he lights it up against Mizzou, the question will be. Why did it take so long to put him in. No win situation.  Just not a good fit. I'm past blaming Gus or Harsin or anybody else. They all played a part. Time to get the RIGHT guy in to fix it. 

Really good post, here. My question is, What constitutes the RIGHT guy and why have we been so bad at finding him the past 15-20 years?

Just now, WarDamnDoc said:

Serious question: is there any reason to wait to fire Harsin at this point? It seems that this season is lost regardless. Recruiting can’t get worse than it is. 

Well who will be the interim ? 

• Like 1

Just now, WarDamnDoc said:

Serious question: is there any reason to wait to fire Harsin at this point? It seems that this season is lost regardless. Recruiting can’t get worse than it is. 

I’d fire him and promote Caddy or Zach to interim HC. I could see that turning into a Ed O situation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Really good post, here. My question is, What constitutes the RIGHT guy and why have we been so bad at finding him the past 15-20 years?

If u look at the SEC as a whole in the past 10 years every team has changed coaches once besides Bama. Some of them twice . I believe the life cycle has been short because of the day to day grind

9 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

No reason other than,,, can you afford to pay another coach not to coach and still come up with the kind of money it takes to compete in the NIL age.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

I thought about that last night and don’t think there is anyone. Tough tough situation 

Sure would be nice to have a veteran coordinator on the roster right now 

• Like 1