When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

The reason why Sanders is able to recruit kids to JSU has nothing to do with football. That's the first red flag.

I like your posts but I disagree with you here. I'm assuming you're saying these kids are sold on HBCU's and I absolutely positively feel that is not a factor of any substantial significance. I also suspect strongly that if Sanders was at Auburn you'd see him recruit the ever living daylights out of top tier players.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, StuckMic91 said:

That would be best for both parties. Unfortunately for us I think he is stubborn and with the February debacle he is going to make Auburn pay up. He just seems like the kind of guy to try and “burn it down”.

100% and I don't blame him. That's probably a big reason why he took the job in the first place.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I like your posts but I disagree with you here. I'm assuming you're saying these kids are sold on HBCU's and I absolutely positively feel that is not a factor of any substantial significance. I also suspect strongly that if Sanders was at Auburn you'd see him recruit the ever living daylights out of top tier players.

The HBCU aspect is a front, Deion is a celebrity that the kids look up to and that their father's probably idolized growing up. It's an extremely unique situation. I don't blame the kids at all. It's probably a lot of fun. 

My biggest concern is hiring a celebrity (who will recruit well) and entrusting him to build a successful program in the SEC. That is a valid concern. That's the question you must ask every coach. Can you build a successful program? We don't know if he can do that. Getting 5 stars on campus is the first step. In today's game, the question is can you keep them?

If Deion was hired 10 years ago by JSU and won across multiple programs moving up from FCS to FBS and maybe a P5 job, I'd be all for it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

I agree with this unless he loses to Mizzou at home. I think that would just be too embarrassing to let slide. A blowout loss to Mizzou? I bet he would find out during his post game presser from the sideline reporter.

Or do like what Arizona did and have Roberts and our AD on the field right after the game. Fire his ass then lol 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

The HBCU aspect is a front, Deion is a celebrity that the kids look up to and that their father's probably idolized growing up. It's an extremely unique situation. I don't blame the kids at all. It's probably a lot of fun. 

My biggest concern is hiring a celebrity (who will recruit well) and entrusting him to build a successful program in the SEC. That is a valid concern. That's the question you must ask every coach. Can you build a successful program? We don't know if he can do that. Getting 5 stars on campus is the first step. In today's game, the question is can you keep them?

If Deion was hired 10 years ago by JSU and won across multiple programs moving up from FCS to FBS and maybe a P5 job, I'd be all for it. 

So him being a celeb wont help get these kids to stay on?  Bro you are acting like he wasn't arguably one of the best NFL players ever and also knows the ins and outs of the game and knows how to play. C'mon now you put some good assistance around him I believe he could build us up and have sustained success.

Just now, autiger88 said:

So him being a celeb wont help get these kids to stay on?  Bro you are acting like he wasn't arguably one of the best NFL players ever and also knows the ins and outs of the game and knows how to play. C'mon now you put some good assistance around him I believe he could build us up and have sustained success.

I never said that lol However, you are 100% correct. Here's the thing though, he wouldn't be playing. He would be coaching. 

Nick Saban was a 5'6 player at Kent State. Kirby went undrafted. Could care less about how "good" a coach was at football. Has absolutely nothing to do with coaching.

If that's your measuring stick, then we should interview Peyton and Randy Moss as well.

Just now, woodford said:

I never said that lol However, you are 100% correct. Here's the thing though, he wouldn't be playing. He would be coaching. 

Nick Saban was a 5'6 player at Kent State. Kirby went undrafted. Could care less about how "good" a coach was at football. Has absolutely nothing to do with coaching.

If that's your measuring stick, then we should interview Peyton and Randy Moss as well.

Did I say that's my measuring stick? Nope don't think I did. Also you just ignored my other part just so you could type what you did. 😎 It's cool we will agree to disagree on Sanders but know if we get him and he starts winning I will call you out personally same goes for if we get him and we suck still. I wouldn't expect anything less. 😁 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Did I say that's my measuring stick? Nope don't think I did. Also you just ignored my other part just so you could type what you did. 😎 It's cool we will agree to disagree on Sanders but know if we get him and he starts winning I will call you out personally same goes for if we get him and we suck still. I wouldn't expect anything less. 😁 

Well, that would be great because I also cheer for the Auburn Tigers football team. But if you need that boost of self-esteem from an internet forum then I completely understand.

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I have to admit those are some good points @AUDevilbrought up but if we bring in Deion and win in recruiting and then win on the field those gripes will only be argued by a few. Having Deion would sure make this board a lot more fun regardless.

Yeah, I like the Deion idea. But there are definitely risks and I don't know if he would be accepted here and given a fair chance. 

Deion Sanders would be interesting.. as long as we stay out of any NCAA issues.. He would definitely bring talent. If he can bring it to JSU, there is no reason he can't bring it to Auburn. Plus, didn't he get nice and pissed off at Saban this off season? Sounds like a win haha.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Well, that would be great because I also cheer for the Auburn Tigers football team. But if you need that boost of self-esteem from an internet forum then I completely understand.

Please tell me you aren't taking what I say to heart. 🤣 it's just words on a screen you don't have to take it to heart I promise. Lol 

Edited by autiger88

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yeah, I like the Deion idea. But there are definitely risks and I don't know if he would be accepted here and given a fair chance. 

Honestly there is risk with any coach we bring in. Nobody is guaranteed to be a winning coach here. IMO.

34 minutes ago, woodford said:

Is that what Gus did? Did every great coach follow that path? You so matter of factly say all this stuff about Sanders as if you know. That's what's funny to me.

Coincidentally no other coach is questioned like this

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUFAN1972 said:

How many years of college HC experience did Gus have when AU hired him ?

Five years as an SEC coordinator, one year as a G5 head coach.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Is that what Gus did? Did every great coach follow that path? You so matter of factly say all this stuff about Sanders as if you know. That's what's funny to me.

I didn't want Gus hired and I wanted him gone around 2016. Asking questions about a coach is funny? That's one way to interpret it.

Yep, only Deion Sanders is questioned like this. Every Auburn fan worships Bryan Harsin and wants him here forever. If we were to get a new a coach, we would all be dying to get Lashlee, Steele, or Chip Lindsey. That's us.

Poor Deion. The only football coach in the known universe that people express the slightest bit of hesitation towards. What an unfair world.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I know and I'm afraid one of those reason is because we'll I'm not really wanting to go there but I think you get what I'm putting down. 😒

If we got either of those two I would still be excited and they will show promise enough I think to quite the crowd in regards to recruiting especially the OL with Grimes unlike what our current HC has done. 

In reality I don't think LK or MS will be coming here. I believe it will be Grimes who is also just as much as a risk as coach Sanders. Never coached a program. Seemingly a good individual player developer and knows the offensive line. However, It is putting a band aid on a gun shot wound. It is what it is.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

All coaching prospects are being critically analyzed. Coaches with questionable credentials will be looked at even harder. Sanders has questionable credentials.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree with Gus Malzahn is not a bad coach. You don't get to where he is being a bad coach. 

But what most of us want is a coach that can compete year in and out with Saban, Smart, etc. Somebody who is bringing in enough talent that we aren't questioning every aspect of their HC abilities. It is very hard to give a fair assessment of someone's coaching ability when they suck at recruiting. 

But look at somebody like Hugh Freeze. I am not saying he needs to be our next coach. But the guy takes LIBERTY(!!!!) and competes with about everybody they play. They win the games they're suppose to win. He knows how to coach..  it's easy to see with him.

Harsin is so bad at recruiting and all the other things, that we'd never really be able to assess his gameday coaching. It currently looks bad (along with his assistants obviously), but the dude has been unable to bring in quality OL and there is nothing you can do against good teams with a crap OL. Malzahn gave him a bad starting point, yes, but Harsin was unable to bring in much of anybody.. and that is with the easy selling point of instant playing time.

So.. we need a recruiter. A great recruiter, even without the on field results, puts the program in a much better spot if you need to make a coaching change. We are in a rough spot right now unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

I think we can all agree with Gus Malzahn is not a bad coach. You don't get to where he is being a bad coach. 

Gus used his unique offense to get him to where he is today. Had he adapted and evolved, he'd still be at Auburn or moved on to the NFL.

Gus is not a bad coach, but he proved to not be able to sustain success at the highest level. Auburn had three good to great offenses. The rest were mediocre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Gus used his unique offense to get him to where he is today. Had he adapted and evolved, he'd still be at Auburn or moved on to the NFL.

Gus is not a bad coach, but he proved to not be able to sustain success at the highest level. Auburn had three good to great offenses. The rest were mediocre.

In the word of CGM, "No doubt." lol. But I think a highly attributing factor to that was his recruiting. Had he recruited at the positions needed instead of just taking every 4* player he could get (whether we needed them or not), I think he would've done much better from the X and O standpoint. And I am not advocating for CGM what so ever lol.. I was more than ready to see him go. 

I can't begin to express how mad I would get to go 3 and out over and over under CGM. Harsin's teams, to this point, do a much better job of controlling the clock and moving the ball.. we just always kick ourselves before we score points. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

In the word of CGM, "No doubt." lol. But I think a highly attributing factor to that was his recruiting. Had he recruited at the positions needed instead of just taking every 4* player he could get (whether we needed them or not), I think he would've done much better from the X and O standpoint. And I am not advocating for CGM what so ever lol.. I was more than ready to see him go. 

I can't begin to express how mad I would get to go 3 and out over and over under CGM. Harsin's teams, to this point, do a much better job of controlling the clock and moving the ball.. we just always kick ourselves before we score points. 

I watched about 5 mins of the Louisville @ UCF game a couple weeks ago. UCF had the ball and they had a 9 yard run, then a 5 yard penalty, incomplete pass, it's 3rd and 6 and they throw the bubble screen lol I do not miss that garbage.

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

it's 3rd and 6 and they throw the bubble screen lol I do not miss that garbage.

I don't mind the play call.  I question the design of the Gus bubble screen.  There is no movement, no deception.  It is essentially a wasted down.

Gus has proven to be an average coach at the power 5 and probably a good coach in non-power 5

CBH has proven to be a bad coach the power and a good coach at the non-power 5.

Seems pretty simple to me. No clue why people want to argue for either. Neither are deserving of a place like Auburn. 

• Like 3

not to make it a racial thing but Sanders would immediately polarize and put Auburn in a unique position juxtaposed against a Brian kelley, leach, kiffin, Saban, Sarkisian, Venables when it comes to walking in to a recruits home and that could be extremely interesting. we have to give him an offer -- if he doesn't accept it then he doesn't accept it but we have got to try. For some reason that I can't put my finger on, this would be different than other non Caucasian coaches like Strong, Sumlin and so forth, it'd just be different in a good way.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All coaching prospects are being critically analyzed. Coaches with questionable credentials will be looked at even harder. Sanders has questionable credentials.

He really doesn't and there's no other coach being questioned if they actually understand football. No other coach has been called a gimmick or coaching is a toy to them. 

But actually that was my bad, it won't happen again. You guys don't want to really have a convo

• Like 1