Jump to content

Elon’s Twitter Investment


TexasTiger
 Share

Elon’s Twitter Investment   

8 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Elon’s 44 Billion Dollar Twitter Investment Turn out to be

    • A wise, profitable endeavor
      1
    • A bust or essentially flat
      7


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well apparently "truth" has a liberal bias.

Personally, I watch and listen mostly NPR and PBS for my news, plus a subscription to the WaPo.

If they get something wrong - which they rarely do - they'll apologize and correct it. 

They certainly don't "share fake democratic (sic) talking points religiously regardless of truth".  :rolleyes:

(I'd say that was a lie, but I'm not sure if it qualifies as such if you really believe it, and I think you probably do.) :ucrazy:

image.jpeg.7d294045bd0f75edc5ebc41f8cebba4b.jpeg

 

LOL. Hardly.

We know. You want news your way. One sided.

Wrong. And you know better.

There you go again.

You are boring me at this point.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You want news your way. One sided.

Isnt that literally what you just said about yourself when you said all MSM was fake news?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Isnt that literally what you just said about yourself when you said all MSM was fake news?

I believe I said something to the effect that MSM became well known for fake news for a reason. In other words they earned the reputation. That is most certainly not saying all media are fake news. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I believe I said something to the effect that MSM became well known for fake news for a reason. In other words they earned the reputation. That is most certainly not saying all media are fake news. 

You can defend your stance all you want. I'm letting you know this is what I heard from your statement "if the news doesnt fit what I believe then it is fake." 

Completely unrelated topic, but I've been thinking a lot about our current situation. I think the internet is the biggest blessing and curse on society. It's a blessing because it of the connectivity and amount of knowledge we are able to quickly pick up / share. It's a curse because it's so easy to go online and find an article that "proves" your pov. So much misinformation, so many keyboard warriors. It's very easy to have this wild conspiracy theory, google it and find an article or group that thinks the same way as you. It's why there are so many cults right now, MAGA, Qanon, WSB, etc. Being on the outside, it's depressing watching people ruin their lives for these cults.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

You're not paying attention.  This has less to do with what Elon wants, than it does with what he's going to get (by firing all those staff who moderate the site.)

It happens all the time corporate take overs.......... Fire some of the highest paid for their own folks that most likely get paid less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

MSM became known as fake news for a very good reason. They share democratic talking points religiously regardless of truth. So spare me the inaccurate news bit.

 

The ultimate irony is that the people who believe that MSM is fake are the same types of people who are much more likely to believe ACTUAL fake news (like the article Musk tweeted out), and conspiracy theories with no basis in reality. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m increasingly believing Twitter will hemorrhage money. His Saudi backers just become more influential. One of the world’s wealthiest men figured out how to be owned.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The ultimate irony is that the people who believe that MSM is fake are the same types of people who are much more likely to believe ACTUAL fake news (like the article Musk tweeted out), and conspiracy theories with no basis in reality. 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately that is just not true. But you know what? I'll wait on your study that proves as much along with the statistical data. Thanks.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, arein0 said:

You can defend your stance all you want. I'm letting you know this is what I heard from your statement "if the news doesnt fit what I believe then it is fake." 

Completely unrelated topic, but I've been thinking a lot about our current situation. I think the internet is the biggest blessing and curse on society. It's a blessing because it of the connectivity and amount of knowledge we are able to quickly pick up / share. It's a curse because it's so easy to go online and find an article that "proves" your pov. So much misinformation, so many keyboard warriors. It's very easy to have this wild conspiracy theory, google it and find an article or group that thinks the same way as you. It's why there are so many cults right now, MAGA, Qanon, WSB, etc. Being on the outside, it's depressing watching people ruin their lives for these cults.

I don't know what to tell you about your hearing problem. See a doctor maybe? 😀 JK

Yeah I don't know anyone in a cult. Ironically, the closest I can think of is the cult of blind faith for MSM. The SOB's can get 4 Pinocchio's, never apologize nor correct their misinformation and still garner support. Now admittedly we are seeing small declines in said support, but good god the amount of time it is taking is embarrassing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Unfortunately that is just not true. But you know what? I'll wait on your study that proves as much along with the statistical data. Thanks.

How do you know it's not true if you don't have the statistical data?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

@AUFAN78 pro-Saudi & pro-Putin!

Vlad Jr I could never steal that title from you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Unfortunately that is just not true. But you know what? I'll wait on your study that proves as much along with the statistical data. Thanks.

You want to know of a place where everyone believes MSM is fake and everything is a big coverup? Mental hospitals.......and CPAC conferences. 

 

https://www.prri.org/research/challenges-in-moving-toward-a-more-inclusive-democracy-findings-from-the-2022-american-values-survey/

Americans who most trust far-right news outlets (42%) or Fox News (30%), or who do not trust any television news sources (23%) are all more than twice as likely as those who trust mainstream news outlets (11%) to be QAnon believers.

Around one in four other Christians (27%), non-Christian religious Americans (24%), Hispanic Catholics (24%), and white evangelical Protestants (23%) are QAnon believers. Fewer than two in ten white mainline Protestants (17%), Black Protestants (17%), religiously unaffiliated Americans (15%), and white Catholics (11%) are QAnon believers.

QAnon beliefs drop with increased levels of education. Around three in ten Americans with a high school degree or less (29%) are QAnon believers, compared with 19% of those with some college experience, 9% of those with a four-year college degree, and 7% of those with a postgraduate degree.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You want to know of a place where everyone believes MSM is fake and everything is a big coverup? Mental hospitals.......and CPAC conferences. 

 

https://www.prri.org/research/challenges-in-moving-toward-a-more-inclusive-democracy-findings-from-the-2022-american-values-survey/

Americans who most trust far-right news outlets (42%) or Fox News (30%), or who do not trust any television news sources (23%) are all more than twice as likely as those who trust mainstream news outlets (11%) to be QAnon believers.

Around one in four other Christians (27%), non-Christian religious Americans (24%), Hispanic Catholics (24%), and white evangelical Protestants (23%) are QAnon believers. Fewer than two in ten white mainline Protestants (17%), Black Protestants (17%), religiously unaffiliated Americans (15%), and white Catholics (11%) are QAnon believers.

QAnon beliefs drop with increased levels of education. Around three in ten Americans with a high school degree or less (29%) are QAnon believers, compared with 19% of those with some college experience, 9% of those with a four-year college degree, and 7% of those with a postgraduate degree.

I don't do mental hospitals nor CPAC conferences. I do view MSM daily. And I'm not a fan of biased research articles from far left entities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

I don't do mental hospitals nor CPAC conferences. I do view MSM daily. And I'm not a fan of biased research articles from far left entities.

Which major publications do you place in that category?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Which major publications do you place in that category?

Which category?

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I don't do mental hospitals nor CPAC conferences. I do view MSM daily. And I'm not a fan of biased research articles from far left entities.

It's a non-partisan polling firm that was giving data on what Republicans themselves say and how they respond to the surveys.

 

You're the one who asked for a source. but of course it doesn't say what you want so it's not real or true.

 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's a non-partisan polling firm that was giving data on what Republicans themselves say and how they respond to the surveys.

 

Don't ask for sources if you don't actually care or want any. 

 

You should research the founder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You should research the founder. 

Yes? He's A former college professor with a degree in divinity from a Christian college. 

PRRI data has been used in peer reviewed studies and research. It's a reliable source. 

You dismiss it solely because you don't like the information and facts it provides. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

 

What MSM do you listen to/read for your information?

NYT, WAPO, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, VOX, Huffpo, Salon, Rolling Stone, The Hill, Newsweek, Guardian, Atlantic, WSJ, Fox, RCP, New York Post, Washington Examiner, Financial Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, BBC to name a few. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Yes? He's A former college professor with a degree in divinity from a Christian college. 

PRRI data has been used in peer reviewed studies and research. It's a reliable source. 

You dismiss it solely because you don't like the information and facts it provides. 

 

Incorrect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Incorrect. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/public-religion-research-institute-prri/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/public-religion-research-institute/

Well, every source I can find seems to say that PRRI is accurate and unbiased in it's information, and all you seem to come up with is "It's not true because I say its not".

 

I'll have to conclude that I am correct and that the PRRI poll is accurate in its assessment that people who ignore MSM and follow right-wing news sources are more likely to believe in conspiracies and false information. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/public-religion-research-institute-prri/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/public-religion-research-institute/

Well, every source I can find seems to say that PRRI is accurate and unbiased in it's information, and all you seem to come up with is "It's not true because I say its not".

 

I'll have to conclude that I am correct and that the PRRI poll is accurate in its assessment that people who ignore MSM and follow right-wing news sources are more likely to believe in conspiracies and false information. 

The incorrect related to my not liking findings primarily. Regardless, if you research further you'll find contributions to liberal causes exclusively and interviews on left leaning media sites exclusively. You may not see the bias in that and apparently neither do your fact checkers. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The incorrect related to my not liking findings primarily. Regardless, if you research further you'll find contributions to liberal causes exclusively and interviews on left leaning media sites exclusively. You may not see the bias in that and apparently neither do your fact checkers. LOL

 

My primary concern is if the information and results they provide are accurate or not.  

Everything seems to point towards them being accurate in the data they provide and fair in the methodology they use for their polling. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...