Everybody Make Your Predictions

Bro Johnny Mac

27 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Small thinking by simple minds.  

If not Freeze, it'll be Grimes. 

How did Grimes offense do this year? I haven't really watched them. I know last year Baylor won 12 games, won the Big 12 Title and beat Kiffin and Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl. Aranda was as hot a name in the coaching searches as anybody. This year they dropped to 6-6 but I didn't watch much of them. 

Remember 2 or 3 years ago it seemed every coaching search was wanting Matt Campbell from Iowa State? He played for the Big 12 Title and was a hot name. He signed a big extension to stay at Iowa State. His team finished 4-8 this year and dead last in the Big 12. 

Crazy how alot of names are so hot and cold from year to year. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

Kyle Whittingham from Utah. Don't know if the religions will mesh(he went to BYU) with Auburn's but he is a good coach without the resources. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
Spelled his name correctly.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Kyle Whittingham from Utah. Don't know if the religions will mesh(he went to BYU) with Auburn's but he is a good coach without the resources. 

Great coach. No chance he’s leaving Utah. He’s king of that place. They also have outstanding facilities and an awesome fan base. Plus he’s almost 64. 

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Great coach. No chance he’s leaving Utah. He’s king of that place. They also have outstanding facilities and an awesome fan base. Plus he’s almost 64. 

Yep, he's who I wanted in 2013.

Afraid that ship sailed long ago.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's going to be bad.  There is literally no one left to be excited about unless they go after Deion.

Just prepare to be disappointed

Agree. I really don’t care anymore. The circus continues. 

My guess is that we'll screw this up somehow and pick some no name coach with little big league experience.

Edited by HabitualChiller

Hugh Freeze or Jamey Chadwell

38 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Hugh Freeze or Jamey Chadwell

Despite what some people say, I don’t think the BOT or AD give a rats what people think and it will be Freeze in the end. If it is not, I will be shocked.

… such an Auburn hire… 

• Like 2

Seems like if it was gonna be Freeze, it would have been announced by now.

Unless Cohen had all his eggs in the Kiffin basket and was caught blindsided when he turned us down.  If so, it may be days before we hear anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Seems like if it was gonna be Freeze, it would have been announced by now.

Unless Cohen had all his eggs in the Kiffin basket and was caught blindsided when he turned us down.  If so, it may be days before we hear anything.

From what I’ve heard it depends on whether or not enough of our deep pockets wants Freeze I’ve heard yella fella is a fan of freeze but idk who else is

If the majority of our influential folks truly believe he’s the Right choice then he’s our guy regardless of all the negativity and damage 

1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

It’s looking at the moment like it’s going to be 

Hugh Freeze or Brian Johnson

unless we are throwing the bank at James Franklin or Dabo 

If we are considering a head coach with no head coaching experience (i.e. Brian Johnson), I think we should hire Prime instead.  He would immediately bring us a wealth of good players in recruiting.

And if he doesn't pan out, he would leave our roster loaded for the next head coach (Caddy?).

6 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Cohen had all his eggs in the Kiffin basket and was caught blindsided when he turned us down.  If so, it may be days before we hear anything.

And that is exactly what JG said about five minutes ago. 
The funny thing is that all of the leaks were coming out of the Ole Miss side. None of the Auburn sites Have any clue what is going on. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

And that is exactly what JG said about five minutes ago. 
The funny thing is that all of the leaks were coming out of the Ole Miss side. None of the Auburn sites Have any clue what is going on

My goodness, neither do I.

I still can't figure out why Kiffin turned us down, if he did.  It makes no sense for him to sign an extension at Ole' Miss when he has no chance of winning an SEC West title there, much less a natty.  He FREAKING signed an extension there.

He is built from within his soul as a coach who would thrive in the drama of AU vs. UA.

I guess he eventually wants to be on the UA side...

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's going to be bad.  There is literally no one left to be excited about unless they go after Deion.

Just prepare to be disappointed

I hate liking this, but it’s the damn truth. The only thing holding AU back is the worms behind the scenes. This whole search has been horse s***. AU is the problem with AU. The new AD is a dumbass like the others. New facility, new NIL, passionate fans, AU has made this job unattractive. 

• Thanks 1