2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

39 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Did that bird just eat the baby's turd? Never saw that before on documentaries. Been worse if that is what it fed the neglected one lol

Sure did. its how the mother bird keeps the nest clean until the young ones are old enough to poop outside the nest.

<looks @RunInRed>

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Did that bird just eat the baby's turd? Never saw that before on documentaries. Been worse if that is what it fed the neglected one lol

Gross...I didn't even notice that

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, W.E.D said:

Bama has constantly had a "brand new QB" that everyone claimed would take a step back.  I'm old enough to remember all of those predictions with Blake Simms, then Jake Coker, then Jalen Hurts, then Tua, then Mac Jones, then Bryce Young.

Now I'm sure it'll be true this time.

We sure enjoyed Mac Jones' as a new Bama QB in their Ironbowl loss to us. Out DBs had more yards off his passes than his own receivers.

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

We sure enjoyed Mac Jones' as a new Bama QB in their Ironbowl loss to us. Out DBs had more yards off his passes than his own receivers.

Because that'd what we're talking about.

• Like 1

As successful as Bama has been with QBs, they’ve also processed out just as many 4 and 5*s as they’ve had successful.  From 2011 till now Bama has been playing with a 3 deep of 4* and 5* star talent.  

45 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

As successful as Bama has been with QBs, they’ve also processed out just as many 4 and 5*s as they’ve had successful.  From 2011 till now Bama has been playing with a 3 deep of 4* and 5* star talent.  

You say this like it's a criticism vs praise

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You say this like it's a criticism vs praise

More so just pointing out that Saban becoming a “Qb whisperer” is more of a numbers game.  Also success breading success.  Not only are his players a who’s who of high school all star talent but his coaching staff is the same way.  No hating on what they’ve accomplished.  At this point it is what it is and you gotta hope Auburn doesn’t have to go another 15-20 years with Georgia doing the same thing.  It’s taken a lot of the fun out of CFB in my opinion.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

More so just pointing out that Saban becoming a “Qb whisperer” is more of a numbers game.  Also success breading success.  Not only are his players a who’s who of high school all star talent but his coaching staff is the same way.  No hating on what they’ve accomplished.  At this point it is what it is and you gotta hope Auburn doesn’t have to go another 15-20 years with Georgia doing the same thing.  It’s taken a lot of the fun out of CFB in my opinion.  

No one called him a QB whisper. 

It was just correctly pointed out that any hand wringing or hoping over their demise bc they have a new QB holds absolutely no water

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

This. People love to point out how many people bama puts in the NFL. But when you sign hoards of 4* and 5* (the best) players every year, OF COURSE you're going to put more in the NFL. 

I was watching a uga game earlier this season (or maybe last season), and the commentators were so impressed by how uga can keep producing quality RBs year after year, even after one leaves for the NFL. Well, NO SH*T, Sherlock. They sign 5* OL and 5* RBs every year. What do you think's going to happen? 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

This. People love to point out how many people bama puts in the NFL. But when you sign hoards of 4* and 5* (the best) players every year, OF COURSE you're going to put more in the NFL. 

I was watching a uga game earlier this season (or maybe last season), and the commentators were so impressed by how uga can keep producing quality RBs year after year, even after one leaves for the NFL. Well, NO SH*T, Sherlock. They sign 5* OL and 5* RBs every year. What do you think's going to happen? 🙄

Heard someone on radio say this the other day. Those two schools don’t have to recruit anymore. They are literally drafting players. 

One can only imagine!!

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

That's why they are commentators. Too stupid to do anything else. 

AL, and GA do not produce NFL talent. They recruit it. 

• Like 2

Make no mistake, stars matter. Despite my skepticism, props to the staff for winning battles with teams who didn't just fire their coach for big recruits.

I need some more portal news!  Been too quiet and I am too impatient.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I keep hoping for positive results in search for a transfer QB

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I keep hoping for positive results in search for a transfer QB

Get Spencer Sanders already and let's roll.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Get Spencer Sanders already and let's roll.

CHF and our new offensive coaches need to reel this fellow in somehow. I hope Spencer may be a fan of the results CHF has had with QB’s.

Legitimate QB's still in the portal:   McCall - not going to happen due to academics

Armstrong (UVA) - but is he a good fit?  Don't know much about him

Sanders (OSU) - Perfect fit and should be the choice. Anyone know if it is Auburn with the hold up or if Sanders is not sure about Auburn?

Only thing else I see is AU waiting to see if any other QB's enter the portal between now and Jan. 10 (day after the championship game).  If this is the case, of the remaining teams to play, who might have a possible QB to enter the portal and would they be a good upgrade over Robby at this point (and I do not want Robby as our starter next year, at least as he is right now).

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Yeah...I was really hoping the bird feeding gif at the top of this page was a hint about it. : /

Guessing it'll pick up after the NY.

Edited by AUwent

To follow up on my last post regarding possible QB portal entries after their bowl games:

Was hoping Leonard (Duke).  Maybe Nussmeier (LSU) with Daniels coming back?  Beck, Vandagriff, Stockton (UGA) (whichever one does not replace Bennett).

Anyone else come to mind??

21 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Leonard

We would pay him an obscene amount of money to go to AU if he would transfer. Unless something has changed, His Gf goes to AU and he loves AU. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We would pay him an obscene amount of money to go to AU if he would transfer. Unless something has changed, His Gf goes to AU and he loves