Just got an email

autkidd

Auburn officials were extremely pleased with the student turn-out for Tuesday night's game and look for another big crowd on Saturday for the Florida game.

The enthusiasm of the students and atmosphere was at an all-time high for the Alabama game, but one disappointing thing from Tuesday night was the return of the "You S---" cheer as opposing players approach the bench and sit down. The cheer shows a lack of sportsmanship that is not indicative of Auburn or Auburn Basketball.

The words were audible on both radio and national television broadcasts.

Coach Lebo, his staff and student-athletes have worked extremely hard to get the program back to a high level and have earned a good amount of respect both in the SEC and nationally for their work ethic and never say die attitude. Auburn students do not need to ruin that with a cheer that is not necessary.

Changes have been made in the arena seating plan to improve the atmosphere and allow students to give the team a home-court advantage. Such cheers, however, reflect poorly on Auburn University and are not conducive to the atmosphere all our fans expect and deserve.

Auburn officials encourage students to refrain from participating in the cheer and find more readily accepted methods to support the Tigers. The Pep Band and cheerleaders will lead a War Eagle! cheer each time opposing players approach the bench.

War Eagle!

Auburn University Athletics Marketing

PO Box 351

Auburn, AL 36830-0351

(334) 844-9706

www.auburntigers.com

Wow this sucks.

Auburn officials were extremely pleased with the student turn-out for Tuesday night's game and look for another big crowd on Saturday for the Florida game.

The enthusiasm of the students and atmosphere was at an all-time high for the Alabama game, but one disappointing thing from Tuesday night was the return of the "You S---" cheer as opposing players approach the bench and sit down. The cheer shows a lack of sportsmanship that is not indicative of Auburn or Auburn Basketball.

The words were audible on both radio and national television broadcasts.

Coach Lebo, his staff and student-athletes have worked extremely hard to get the program back to a high level and have earned a good amount of respect both in the SEC and nationally for their work ethic and never say die attitude. Auburn students do not need to ruin that with a cheer that is not necessary.

Changes have been made in the arena seating plan to improve the atmosphere and allow students to give the team a home-court advantage. Such cheers, however, reflect poorly on Auburn University and are not conducive to the atmosphere all our fans expect and deserve.

Auburn officials encourage students to refrain from participating in the cheer and find more readily accepted methods to support the Tigers. The Pep Band and cheerleaders will lead a War Eagle! cheer each time opposing players approach the bench.

War Eagle!

Auburn University Athletics Marketing

PO Box 351

Auburn, AL 36830-0351

(334) 844-9706

www.auburntigers.com

Wow this sucks.

YOU SUCK!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I'm usually the last one to agree with any kind of PC pandering, but I like this. It says to me that Auburn should exude class no matter what the opposition does. We SAY we're better than "rammer jammer" rednecks, but unless we show it are we truly better? To me, this is a step in the right direction.

They've been trying to stop that thing for years now, so I doubt it will work now.

Truth.

I guess it is classless, but I have to admit it was fun. And when they started trying to get us to stop right before "You Suck" I felt like I left the job unfinished. Vocal blue b***s if you will. (Self edited)

Like how if Cartman hears the first line of "Come Sail Away" he can't stand it until the whole song is sung.

That was my favorite, esspecially when the player would walk to one side the bench, then maybe to another, then rock back and forth on his feet and finally sit down, the whole time the student section going "step.....step...step step step....step.... SIT DOWN!!!!!!! YOU SUCK!" but i have to say i do agree with it, esspecially stopping at SIT Down, I was upset when they told us not to do it at all in pep band.

Doing it while pummeling UAT is one thing; doing it while losing to :ut: is downright silly, as was the case last week. If they suck, and they're winning, what does that make our team?

Well......

at 2:00pm CT, there were only 167 tickets left for tomorrows game! War Damn Eagle! :cheer::au::cheer:

By 9:45 the the wristbands were out. I'm sure it was more like 9:10. Its gonna be fun tomorrow.

Just to let you all know I have Vot, Barrett, and a few others in one of my classes. They were pumped up today in class. They had a bounce in their step and smiling and laughing and such. Looked very confident. To me that is a very good sign.

By 9:45 the the wristbands were out. I'm sure it was more like 9:10. Its gonna be fun tomorrow.

Just to let you all know I have Vot, Barrett, and a few others in one of my classes. They were pumped up today in class. They had a bounce in their step and smiling and laughing and such. Looked very confident. To me that is a very good sign.

student tickets went on sale at 8 and the wrist bands were gone before 9:15 (thats when I got my ticket).

i admit, the 'you suck' isn't very classy, but it was a blast back during the chris porter days as a student. haven't been to many games since then that it was really used too much. man, those were good times.

Its just a personal thing, but its my belief that unless you can take that player one on one, then you should refrain from the you suck comments or heckling of individual players of anykind. nothing drives me up the wall worst than a 4-11 sorority girl or some beer gutted middle aged white guy thats 5-9 in heels heckling a 6-9 chiseled basketball player. I guess I find it comedic. Why don't we bring back the days of bringing newspapers to the game to put up and read during the opponents introductions? To echo someone else, I like the step step step sit down, but the you suck part just cracks me up. And I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

originality is underated when it comes to basketball cheers. Rather than copying what other schools invented years ago why don't we come up with our own cheers, maybe even team specific. It wouldn't take much, if any of you are lebo lunatics i say we come up with chants and you guys can start a facebook group or email list for cheers for each game. Just please, no more "sit down, you suck", its about as cool as throwing footballs out of the stadium.

Doing it while pummeling UAT is one thing; doing it while losing to :ut: is downright silly, as was the case last week. If they suck, and they're winning, what does that make our team?

That maybe your team sux and swallows? ;)

Archived