Auburn University Ice Hockey!

InfernoOrangeSS

How are things developing?  I am just curious.  This needed a slight bump to the top to keep it fresh in everyone's mind. 

;D

• 4 months later...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a bump to give the guys who are pouring out their heart and soul for AU a little props.

If you don't already, follow them on Facebook.  They give updates about the games.

Are they good?  Not very...but they represent my beloved AU and one of my favorite sports.  I salute these guys for going all out and asking nothing but your support.

:wedance:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BibliothekarTiger

I saw this thread and it brought back some memories.  Years ago (late 70's) Auburn had a club hockey team and they had to drive all the way to the metro Atlanta area to find ice and a place to practice.  I still have an Auburn hockey jersey from that era.  I wore it to Thrashers games when I lived in Atlanta.  Hope the team is doing well.  If you've never been to a hockey game go.  Once you've been to a game live you'll be hooked.  WDE

• 2 weeks later...

I went to their game Saturday night against Mississippi St., we lost but it was still a lot of fun. Way more hitting than NHL level hockey(has to do with skating ability). It got pretty chippy at some points and it seemed like either of the teams were on a power play at all points throughout the game. Still, one of the better events I've spent $4 in a while. They still have a few games left I believe+ the SEC tournament(could be wrong about that). I plan on trying to make it to a few more before the season's over.

WAR EAGLE

• 3 weeks later...

Until Auburn played UAT 3 or 4 weeks ago, I never knew we even hockey had a hockey team. How long have we had one?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know if the Hockey team is still in existence?

It is. They are a club team and the AU bookstore was selling jerseys for a while. They play in Columbus.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived