Zell Miller on TV right now

TrueBlue72

After listing all the NO votes that Kerry made, he said that Kerry now wants to be Commander in Chief of our armed forces........ armed with spitballs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That had to be the most inspiring and motivating speeches I have heard since 9/11. I figured he was going to really prop Bush up, but I was very surprised how hard he attacked Kerry and his own party. Yeah, the spitballs comment was awesome! However, my favorite part was at the beginning of his speech ,"My family is more important then my party". I also loved the "This Marine..." when talking about how he was tired of the democrats seeing the US forces as occupiers instead of liberators.

Man, I feel so sorry for Kerry now. He is indeed being over criticized by the Republicans at the Convention. I am just appalled that it is getting so ugly...

uuuuhhhhmmmm.....

Okay, Heck, I cant even type that crap anymore.

Give em Hell Zell!!!!!!!!!

Man, that was the fieriest, most blistering attack I have heard in a long while. Zell did indeed do damage tonight. I wonder if we can see the tilt even after tonight.

I admire Zell. We need more Americans like him - one's that put principle above politics, except, of course, he was appearing at a political convention for political purposes. . .

Uh, well, I still like him. He spoke from his heart, with conviction. He's got a bunch of grandkids. I wonder how many are serving in Iraq. Can anyone find that out? If say 3 or 4 of them are killed in Iraq, a year or so after "mission accomplished" will he say W really protected them? Maybe he would. If he did I'd have even more respect for him. If no one in his family are serving in combat, I'd wonder why.

That said, I disagree with him almost completely. I don't have time to elaborate, but I'll start a military spending thread shortly in the future and discuss some issues. I'd be interested in hearing from some of our board servicemen on the issues I will present.

Give 'Em Hell Zell!!

I admire Zell. We need more Americans like him - one's that put principle above politics, except, of course, he was appearing at a political convention for political purposes. . .

Uh, well, I still like him. He spoke from his heart, with conviction. He's got a bunch of grandkids. I wonder how many are serving in Iraq. Can anyone find that out? If say 3 or 4 of them are killed in Iraq, a year or so after "mission accomplished" will he say W really protected them? Maybe he would. If he did I'd have even more respect for him. If no one in his family are serving in combat, I'd wonder why.

That said, I disagree with him almost completely. I don't have time to elaborate, but I'll start a military spending thread shortly in the future and discuss some issues. I'd be interested in hearing from some of our board servicemen on the issues I will present.

Give 'Em Hell Zell!!

Well what if his kids are NOT in Iraq? They have a higher probability of dying in a car accident in america than they do dying while serving in iraq...would he blame bush for that too?

If they died in iraq...why would he be any more angry with bush than kerry...since they both voted for us to go to war?

If they died in iraq...why would he be any more angry with bush than kerry...since they both voted for us to go to war?

Better research that a little more, BG. There was never a vote for us to go to war.

Maybe I should be nervous but for some reason I'm not.  :no:

Thats called psychological surrender al! :lol:;)

My response...No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. :)

Better research that a little more, BG. There was never a vote for us to go to war.

Link? Because that's news to me.

Speaking in Arizona on Monday, Kerry declared that “even knowing what we now know,” he would still have cast his vote in the Senate to authorize the Bush administration to invade Iraq. “I would have voted for the authority,” said Kerry. “I believe it was the right authority for the president to have.”

Al what does that mean?

lol + winkie=joke

Your statement is true but unnecessary.

lol + winkie=joke

Your statement is true but unnecessary.

I just like the way it sounds!

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq.

Thats what it says. Im sorry i used the word WAR. Let me rephrase my statement...

Would Zell be equally as mad at Kerry as he would be at Bush if he had family die in iraq since the both authorized To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq ?

Way to avoid my points there al ;)

Guest AuNuma1

Thats what it says. Im sorry i used the word WAR. Let me rephrase my statement...

Would Zell be equally as mad at Kerry as he would be at Bush if he had family die in iraq since the both authorized To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq ?

Wow! This is why I don't venture into this forum very much. How do you guys debate over this stuff and still be sane. War/use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq...what's the friggin difference??? Sheeesh!!

Uggghhhh...nevermind.

Sorry, as you were...

Maybe it's merely semantics. If you look at what Congress did within the context of why they did it maybe what I'm saying will make more sense. Bush gave specific reasons for wanting to use military actions against Iraq. Most of those reasons never materialized. I'm not going to rehash this in great depth but will show you where I have before if you don't want to look yourself.

Looked at another way, you borrow money from the bank for a new car but instead use the money for a used car and a trip to Vegas. Had the bank known that up front, it probably wouldn't have given you a new car loan, would it? That's not to say that it wouldn't have loaned you the money but I'm sure the terms would've been different.

Again, maybe it's just semantics. I see Congress giving the authorization based on the president's word that numerous conditions would be met before he would attack Iraq and that those conditions were not met. John Kerry feels that way, too.

Link? Because that's news to me.

Why do I get this feeling that the TRUTH would be news to many of the Bush supports? *grin*

Shucks, too bad those liberal commie news reporters pointed out that VB Cheney was also against many of the weapons he blasted Kerry for being against?

When he was questioned about this Zell replied, "Yeah, but Dick would rub boogers on his spitballs!" *grin* [NOTE: this is not an accurate quote; it is meant to be funny. Actually Zell said "I'm talking about Kerry's record." . . . or something very close to that. I do not have a link to the booger quote.]

Archived