Toomer's

lewisbr

I posted earlier that it was BS.  But sources have since told me that an UGA fan was randomly trying to light some TP at Toomer's Corner.  He was quickly given the Goggans and Blanc Treatment by some bystanders and taken away by Auburn's Finest. 

They have pics up on another board.  A uga fan lit the tp on fire.  Fire department came out and put it out.  A poster also said that an Auburn fan punched him as he did it and the police took the uga fan to jail.  Don't know if that last part is true or just wishful thinking.

When I was at AU in the 70's the toilet paper was almost routinely set on fire, by AU fans....lol   And that was when the paper was draped over the power lines leading from street corner to street corner, not like the metal horizontal poles there now.

When I was a student there, int he 90s, a Bama fan set fire to the big tree (which is no longer there... not because of the fire).  He was carted off to jail and we Auburn students all chanted AUFD as the fire department put the tree out.

When I was in school sometime around 2002 or 2003 a Tennessee fan lit it on fire and ran away and the fire dept had to spray the tree...I got soaked!

Rolling Toomers is one of the greatest tradition in all of football and its a shame that other teams fans are so jealous that they want to destoy that tradition. I am in the tree industry and know that fire kills a tree quicker than anything even if put out quick and those trees simply cant be replaced quickly

When I was in school sometime around 2002 or 2003 a Tennessee fan lit it on fire and ran away and the fire dept had to spray the tree...I got soaked!

2003.  The fire spread quickly and a bunch of people had flaming TP falling on them.

Rolling Toomers is one of the greatest tradition in all of football and its a shame that other teams fans are so jealous that they want to destoy that tradition. I am in the tree industry and know that fire kills a tree quicker than anything even if put out quick and those trees simply cant be replaced quickly

It seems as though I read an article in Auburn magazine a year or so ago about the health of the live oaks at Toomers Corner being in jeopardy.  Do you know anything about that?

I posted earlier that it was BS.  But sources have since told me that an UGA fan was randomly trying to light some TP at Toomer's Corner.  He was quickly given the Goggans and Blanc Treatment by some bystanders and taken away by Auburn's Finest. 

Well whoever did that to the poor uga fan will have to sit out the first half of the Iorn Bowl.  >:(  And they can do it at my house and I will give them free food and drinks.  ;D

Cam Newton told the UGA fan to do it.  He said he'd give him his cupcakes if he set the TP on fire.....at least that what my sources have told me.

Every time anyone quotes "sources" I think of this...

;)

I think that chipmunk is on performance-enhancing drugs.

From some student Facebook statuses, I'm picking up that someone lit the TP on fire at Toomers last night.

Supposedly Scout has an article on it.  Can anyone with an account summarize?

(The tree, like the school it represents, endured the mistreatment.)

Archived