has anyone other than kenny rogers

alexava

claimed that cecil directly asked for $?  i only hear people say kenny asked for cecil. i think bill bell sounded like a fool. john bond is almost as bad. miss st claimed cecil was seeking $ yet admitted they still wanted to sign him. now they claim they did nothing wrong, if thats the case au did nothing wrong. if there was any proof cecil got $ from auburn or anywhere cam would not playing. the comment quoted by espn from miss st a.d. "we are getting drug thru the mud", does not sit well with me. they could have cleaned the mud in dec. and there would be none to get drug thru.

claimed that cecil directly asked for $?  i only hear people say kenny asked for cecil. i think bill bell sounded like a fool. john bond is almost as bad. miss st claimed cecil was seeking $ yet admitted they still wanted to sign him. now they claim they did nothing wrong, if thats the case au did nothing wrong. if there was any proof cecil got $ from auburn or anywhere cam would not playing. the comment quoted by espn from miss st a.d. "we are getting drug thru the mud", does not sit well with me. they could have cleaned the mud in dec. and there would be none to get drug thru.

You are correct.  Bell said that he "assumed" that Rev. Newton asked for the money because he said Rogers was so awkward at it.  Bond said that Rogers told him he was representing the Newtons.  One of the "two sources who recruit for Mississippi State" claimed that Rev. Newton said "it will take more than a scholarship."  That's it.

Bell did but then modified his story.  Otherwise, just an unnamed "recruiter."  But then indirectly.  No one on record has directly verified hearing Cecil's voice in relation to a request for money.

Bell did but then modified his story.  Otherwise, just an unnamed "recruiter."  But then indirectly.  No one on record has directly verified hearing Cecil's voice in relation to a request for money.

That's the key here...  No evidence and just a group of MSU boosters and former players changing their stories.  I can't stand MSU.

That's the key here...  No evidence and just a group of MSU boosters and former players changing their stories.  I can't stand MSU.

I don't put this all on MSU. They are reponsible for turning this into the SEC, but I guarantee they had nothing to do with the "leak". I don't think they really knew how deep it went with their boosters until after they turned it in to the SEC and started to really investigate it. They didn' want this going public as much as we didn't want it. This makes both programs look bad, and MSU knew they would get drug through the mud just like we are.

I don't put this all on MSU. They are reponsible for turning this into the SEC, but I guarantee they had nothing to do with the "leak". I don't think they really knew how deep it went with their boosters until after they turned it in to the SEC and started to really investigate it. They didn' want this going public as much as we didn't want it. This makes both programs look bad, and MSU knew they would get drug through the mud just like we are.

They may not have wanted this but its their Alumns and their former players that have made Auburn look bad.  I know its dirty for everyone but MSU should be the one taking the bulk of the media attention.

They may not have wanted this but its their Alumns and their former players that have made Auburn look bad.  I know its dirty for everyone but MSU should be the one taking the bulk of the media attention.

Oh, I could not agree more. I don't put that on MSU though. That's exactly what tells me where and who these "leaks" are coming from. It has been so one sided to make Auburn and Cam look bad. It is obvious who the "Wizard pulling the strings" is.

I think Jody Wright and Cecil Hurt are the leaks that got this whole thing started.

I think Jody is the most obvious, but how much pressure did Bama have to put on him to leak this stuff.

I know I would be hard pressed to throw a former employer under a bus.

I think Jody Wright and Cecil Hurt are the leaks that got this whole thing started.

I think Jody is the most obvious, but how much pressure did Bama have to put on him to leak this stuff.

I agree.  That really makes sense given finebaum's reaction about wright on Friday.  He does nothing to go against cecil hurt.  If shane is up his butt, he is up cecil's!  cecil told him to squash the jody wright stuff.  Just like a week ago when fimebaum questioned him about it and cecil almost went into a coma.

if this thing does come to an end i would love for the ncaa to state that auburn and the newtons are the only parties that have not changed stories during this fiasco.

Archived