Jeremy Hill

gpharper

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Hill took Mason's spot?

I don't believe Mason is as high on the coaches board as some here tend to believe.

I have believed all along the Tre Mason and Quan Bray are fighting for one spot in this years class.

I think that Hill really fits a need we have when Eric Smith leaves. I don't see this as a bad thing at all. I still think we get either Huggins or Mason and I really think Bray is headed our way. I don't see this as bad at all. Besides, it's the coaches' decision in the end so all of this we're talking about is dependent on the coaches most in the end.

So Hill took Mason's spot?

I don't believe Mason is as high on the coaches board as some here tend to believe.

I have believed all along the Tre Mason and Quan Bray are fighting for one spot in this years class.

This is what I think too. Bray and Mason are interchangeable, and Bray is higher on the board

I want Bray!  Ok, I'm ok with that list. I thought the Marvin Shinn thing was pretty dead. Has it resurfaced?

Would we even need Mason at that point? Huggins would be a homerun threat on edge plays with his speed plus Bray will get some carries at running back.

People sure don't seem too high on Mason here...and he remains the back who has impressed me the most on film. From what I saw, he's more elusive and better at running in traffic than Huggins is, and it seemed to me like he accelerates better as well. Am I the only one who thinks this?

SIAP, and it's nothing new, but Auburn Sports Recruiting on FB just said that Hill is close to committing.

I'm with you guys. I still want Mason and Huggins.

Yeah AUNoel and jtaub are the administrators of that page.

I just wanted to mention that this is so weird. We're talking about the minuses and pluses of a four star (for the record I think he's a great addition to this class). I remember it wasn't too long ago the one two and maybe even three stars were all that panned out for Auburn. I had to point out that this is an awesome feeling!

Would we even need Mason at that point? Huggins would be a homerun threat on edge plays with his speed plus Bray will get some carries at running back.

People sure don't seem too high on Mason here...and he remains the back who has impressed me the most on film. From what I saw, he's more elusive and better at running in traffic than Huggins is, and it seemed to me like he accelerates better as well. Am I the only one who thinks this?

No, you're not.

Mason is my favorite back out of the ones we are recruiting.

I'm high on him, but just higher on Bray. And since it seems like the coaches want to take 2 bigger backs (Huggins and Hill) we probably only have room for one of Bray or Mason. I think it will be Bray, and Mason may end up at Ole Miss or West Virginia

Well if you have seen videos of him in traffic please send the link my way because everything I have seen the holes are wide open or, and this is a good thing, he gets to the edge to fast for there to be traffic.

I don't see Mason as a special back. I think Huggins and Hill will be more productive long term and there's no reason why you wouldn't take two backs who are bigger in stature, especially with a guy like Quan Bray.

Honestly, I have Mason way up there myself. With that said, I don't think any of these kids will be bad and you have to trust our coaches in talent evaluation. They're amazing at it from what I've seen.

I don't see Mason as a special back. I think Huggins and Hill will be more productive long term and there's no reason why you wouldn't take two backs who are bigger in stature, especially with a guy like Quan Bray.

I agree. And after watching film of Mason and Bray, I like Bray more. He's just as fast as Mason, and seems to be a tougher runner

I'm high on him, but just higher on Bray. And since it seems like the coaches want to take 2 bigger backs (Huggins and Hill) we probably only have room for one of Bray or Mason. I think it will be Bray, and Mason may end up at Ole Miss or West Virginia

Where have you gotten the impression that the coaches want to take two big backs? I've been operating under the assumption that Bray is being recruited as an athlete, and then in addition the coaches want to get a "big" back and a "speed" back, and I've seen nothing (other than speculation) that makes me think that is inaccurate.

Based on the videos, stats, ratings, etc, I'd take Crowell, Huggins, Hill, Bray, Mason in that order.  I don't see us having a need to go any further down the list than that 5.  

Keep in mind that Shaun Kitchens plays H-back so we have an Eric Smith replacement already.  I think Crowell is better than Hilliard and perhaps all the backs ahead of him but Brown.  Huggins looks very impressive, and I'd take him over either speed back.

I have never seen an adequate reason for why we need both Bray and Mason.  Bray in the slot?  Umm behind Reed, Goodwin, Stallworth, Morgan, etc.  And any of those guys could become a "speed back."  

Where have you gotten the impression that the coaches want to take two big backs? I've been operating under the assumption that Bray is being recruited as an athlete, and then in addition the coaches want to get a "big" back and a "speed" back, and I've seen nothing (other than speculation) that makes me think that is inaccurate.

Just speculation. Recruiting Hill, Huggins, Lane, and Crowell as of late, opposed to just Mason and Bray make it seem like they want 2 bigger backs and 1 smaller back. Bray will likely be used in the slot, in the backfield, and on speed sweeps. That's what Mason would do, so it seems like they'd only take one

I've seen nothing other than speculation for that matter that says the coaches want both Bray and Mason.  Mason may be a Plan B if Bray goes to UGA.   :dunno:

Shinn has been to Auburn a lot this season since committing to SATAN. :we:

I think the staff already moved on and Shinn did as well.  Sort of like the Woodson flirtation a month ago.

Just speculation. Recruiting Hill, Huggins, Lane, and Crowell as of late, opposed to just Mason and Bray make it seem like they want 2 bigger backs and 1 smaller back. Bray will likely be used in the slot, in the backfield, and on speed sweeps. That's what Mason would do, so it seems like they'd only take one

Either that or Mason and Bray are both silent commitments and the coaches are still working to get their "big" back. Remember back when Blakely was considered an Auburn lean, then flipped and committed to Florida and caused such a big stir with the coaches? Wasn't Bray in the folds then, too? And not long after that, Mason took Blakely's place as the diminutive but sturdy speed back who is lined up for that spot.

Archived