Jeremy Hill

gpharper

I think the coaches are still gunning for Crowell over Huggins.  But I assume we'd take both instead of Mason given the choice.

I hope your hopes aren't up too terribly high about Crowell. You're going to be very disappointed if they are. He isn't coming to AU.

I've heard talk of him being back in Auburn in January. If that happens, watch out.

He will probably visit again in late January but I don't think it will make any difference. Just like our recruitment of him for the past two or three years.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the coaches like what they see in Da Da at DT then Hill would be a great addition to this class.  :thumbsup:

It doesn't matter what Phillips does, Hill would be a great addition to this class.  :thumbsup:

I think the coaches are still gunning for Crowell over Huggins.  But I assume we'd take both instead of Mason given the choice.

I hope your hopes aren't up too terribly high about Crowell. You're going to be very disappointed if they are. He isn't coming to AU.

I've heard talk of him being back in Auburn in January. If that happens, watch out.

He will probably visit again in late January but I don't think it will make any difference. Just like our recruitment of him for the past two or three years.

For some reason I'm optimistic.   He will visit Bama, Georgia and usin January.  We get the last visit.  If his mind is made up, I don't expect him to have that visit.  But I'll maintain neither has done enough to close the deal.  Georgia makes sense for him.  I don't expect bama to be the winner here.

In the backfield dyer omac hill huggins mason and DADA..GET OFF ME

If we get Hill I would think DA DA is moved to DT...especially if we do not get Jenkins.

I don't think Hill and LP are interconnected.  LP is a short yardage back, not an H-Back.  I think if he plays running back at all, he will be the feature running back when on the field.  Hill seems more likely to be the Eric Smith/Shaun Kitchens replacement.

I don't think Hill and LP are interconnected.  LP is a short yardage back, not an H-Back.  I think if he plays running back at all, he will be the feature running back when on the field.  Hill seems more likely to be the Eric Smith/Shaun Kitchens replacement.

I think the coaches are looking for a bruiser more than an H-back, to be honest, but :dunno:

So who doesn't make it if Hill comes in? It would seem that would mean either no Mason, Bray, or Huggins. So no chance with Collins if Hill comes?

I think the coaches are looking for a bruiser more than an H-back, to be honest, but :dunno:

I agree red, hill is very similar to lattimore a step slower at 4.6 rather than lattimore's 4.5 but 15 lbs heavier out of high school.  He can catch out of the the back field as well and is physically ready to step in day one and contribute.  He is basically a  stevan ridley clone same size and speed. As ridley and lattimore have proven this year you don't have to be a sub 4.5 guy to be productive in the sec.

So who doesn't make it if Hill comes in? It would seem that would mean either no Mason, Bray, or Huggins. So no chance with Collins if Hill comes?

I think we take bray no matter what anybody else does he is a versatile guy that can be a slot wr or take on omac's role.

I think Hill and Huggins are both being considered for the same spot, but I can't say that for sure. And I feel good about having a shot at Collins regardless of whether Hill comes or not, to be honest, but I really don't expect to get Hill unless we get Collins.

Wait til yox gets ahold of hill..hello 4.5 or faster.

Speed, to a great degree, is God given. Yox will get him into prime playing shape, but I don't know that he'll be able to make him faster.

Luper, on the other hand, could make a difference in Hill's game speed, because that comes with preparation and repetition.

We would definitely be okay next year if we take Hill, Huggins, and Bray. I could see Hill in a Fannin role running a little bit but blocking mostly. Bray would have a hybrid slot/Onterrio role, such as doing misdirection plays. Huggins would have more of a Dyer role except he changes direction a little faster, but Dyer will knock the crap out of you as Huggins will run through a D not over.

As long as we can still get Huggins either way whether we get Hill or not.

I sincerely doubt we'll get both.

We would definitely be okay next year if we take Hill, Huggins, and Bray. I could see Hill in a Fannin role running a little bit but blocking mostly. Bray would have a hybrid slot/Onterrio role, such as doing misdirection plays. Huggins would have more of a Dyer role except he changes direction a little faster, but Dyer will knock the crap out of you as Huggins will run through a D not over.

*Sigh* Hill and Huggins are both being recruited for the same spot. I would be absolutely shocked if we get both of them.

As long as we can still get Huggins either way whether we get Hill or not.

I sincerely doubt we'll get both.

I'm REALLY hoping for Huggins then. He is going to be special and if we pass on him we will be kicking ourselves IMO.

If you watch them they run a lot differently

But they both have the size to be the "big" back. Huggins, while not as heavy as the others in this category, is 6'0 tall, and I imagine a little Yoxercise will have him up around 210-215.

If you watch them they run a lot differently

But they both have the size to be the "big" back. Huggins, while not as heavy as the others in this category, is 6'0 tall, and I imagine a little Yoxercise will have him up around 210-215.

Hmmm, true.. True

I would rather have Huggins unless getting Hill would give us a better shot at Collins.

I don't think there's any question about that. Hill is a prototypical "big" back. Huggins is a complete back who happens to have size.

Archived