Jeremy Hill

gpharper

I would rather have Huggins unless getting Hill would give us a better shot at Collins.

I don't think there's any question about that. Hill is a prototypical "big" back. Huggins is a complete back who happens to have size.

I'm still not convinced that we don't have a legitimate shot at getting both plus Mason.  Mainly because of the reason red just gave us^^. 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather have Huggins unless getting Hill would give us a better shot at Collins.

I don't think there's any question about that. Hill is a prototypical "big" back. Huggins is a complete back who happens to have size.

I'm still not convinced that we don't have a legitimate shot at getting both plus Mason.  Mainly because of the reason red just gave us^^. 

Would we even need Mason at that point? Huggins would be a homerun threat on edge plays with his speed plus Bray will get some carries at running back.

Wait til yox gets ahold of hill..hello 4.5 or faster.

Speed, to a great degree, is God given. Yox will get him into prime playing shape, but I don't know that he'll be able to make him faster.

Luper, on the other hand, could make a difference in Hill's game speed, because that comes with preparation and repetition.

Training can increase speed. Many people *run* their forties incorrectly.

Would we even need Mason at that point? Huggins would be a homerun threat on edge plays with his speed plus Bray will get some carries at running back.

yes we need Mason. We need our next Onterio McCaleb! Mason is that guy. Bray can be, but he may get used at other spots on the field. Mason is a home run threat much like Omac is now.

IMO we only take Hill if it gets us Collins

My board: Huggins, Crowell, Mason, Calloway, Hill, Allen

Then we arent taking Hill. There is a 0% chance Collins is flipping.

I personally think we'd definitely take Hill. If we got Huggins and Hill, I think the coaches would have to choose between Mason and Bray. Both will be change of pace guys and play in the slot. Neither will be an every down back. It may come down to who the coaches want more. IMO, that will be Bray, since he's just as fast and more versatile.

Huggins, Hill, and Bray would be a great RB class

yes we need Mason. We need our next Onterio McCaleb! Mason is that guy. Bray can be, but he may get used at other spots on the field. Mason is a home run threat much like Omac is now.

That would be Bray. And even if Bray does not play McCalebb position, O-Mac is only a sophomore right now, so we still have two more classes to sign a homerun threat before he's gone

spoke to my source tonight and he informed me that Hill is on the verge of committing. Jonesy called this. As always, TIFIW! :wedance:

The question is how does that impact the rest of the RB class and Collins?

spoke to my source tonight and he informed me that Hill is on the verge of committing. Jonesy called this. As always, TIFIW! :wedance:

And how many RBs are we going to take in this class?

Bring on the hammer.  Are we really to the point where we turn up our nose at a four star rb who was committed to rival school, unless he brings another player with him?

Collins is not changing his commitment.  He and Hill are not and have never been a package deal.  I still see us getting two more RBs / ATH.  

There is a 0% chance Collins is flipping.

I think that is foolish to say at this point. I hate to keep repeating myself to the same people who are not listening but if Collins pays his own way for a UV in January we will have a shot. If he does not visit then you are right, we would have no shot...But we can not dismiss him at 0% until we know he will not take an UV.

Bring on the hammer.  Are we really to the point where we turn up our nose at a four star rb who was committed to rival school, unless he brings another player with him?

It's not that we turn our nose up...It's just that Huggins is a much better prospect IMO...and if we take Hill without Collins instad of Huggins then I will bring this thread back a few years from now and say I told you so.

There is a 0% chance Collins is flipping.

I think that is foolish to say at this point. I hate to keep repeating myself to the same people who are not listening but if Collins pays his own way for a UV in January we will have a shot. If he does not visit then you are right, we would have no shot...But we can not dismiss him at 0% until we know he will not take an UV.

Believe me, unless something drastic happens, Collins wont take a UV to Auburn

I agree with ellitor. Huggins is just the real deal. Not saying Hill isn't at all. But if this causes us our chance with Huggins then this will be the most disappointed I've ever been over us getting a 4 star recruit.lol.

Excited to see what Hill can do though!

So you see us taking Hill, Huggins, Bray, and Mason? Unless one of them is going to play D I'm not thrilled about that. However, I trust the coaches and they know what's going on. I don't see the space in the class for all 4 of those guys.

Collins is not changing his commitment.  He and Hill are not and have never been a package deal.  I still see us getting two more RBs / ATH.  

A4E is the first Mod to say Collins is not changing his commitment so I will stop pushing Collins so much. Just had to hear it from a Mod.

Training can increase speed. Many people *run* their forties incorrectly.

Training doesn't increase speed very much. Just because a player runs a faster 40 than before doesn't mean that he has actually gotten any faster, it only means he has mastered the mechanics of running in a straight line. The better measure of speed for a football player is the shuttle run.

No complaints here about Hill. He is a big-time talent.  :we:

Add DT John Jenkins to the list below, but here is how I see AU finishing.

One more item of note: Keep A Close Eye On WR Marvin Shinn to Auburn.

Projected 2011 CLASS

(1) Kiehl Frazier QB 6'3 215 FR Springdale, AR (Shiloh Christian Schools)

(2) C.J. Uzomah TE 6'5 238 FR Suwanee, GA (North Gwinett HS)

(3) Justin "Da Team AU" Garrett LB 6'2 200 FR Tucker, GA (Tucker HS)

(4) Angelo Blackson DL 6'5 295 FR Bear, DE (Red Lion Christian Academy)

(5) Chris Landrum LB 6'3 221 FR Sweet Water, AL (Sweet Water HS)

(6) Anthony Swain LB 6'3 210 FR Gadsden, AL (Gadsden City HS)

(7) Keymiya Harrell DL 6'5 245 FR Plantersville, AL (Dallas County HS)

(8) Jaylon Denson WR 6'3 190 FR Hoover, AL (Hoover HS)

(9) Sammie Coates WR 6'3 175 FR Leroy, AL (Leroy HS)

(10) Jabarian Niles DL 6'3 270 FR Mobile, AL (W P Davidson HS)

(11) Greg Robinson OL 6'5 290 FR Thibodaux, LA (Thibodaux HS)

(12) Marcus Roberson DB 6'0 180 FR Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)

(13) Erique Florence DB 6'3 190 FR Valley, AL (Valley HS)

(14) Gabriel Wright DL 6'3 300 FR Columbus, GA (Carver HS)

(15) Quan Bray ATH 5'10 180 FR LaGrange, GA (Troup County HS)

(16) Robensen Therezie DB 5'10 190 FR Miami, FL (Miami Jackson HS)

(17) Brandon Fulse TE 6'5 245 FR Fort Meade, FL (Fort Meade HS)

(18) Christian Westerman OL 6'5 295 FR Chandler, AZ (Hamilton HS)

(19) Savon Huggins RB 6'0 200 FR Jersey City, NJ (St. Peters Preparatory School)

(20) Ray Drew DL 6'5 253 FR Thomasville, GA (Thomas County Central HS)

(21) Devaunte Sigler DL 6'3 251 FR Mobile, AL (Ben C Rain HS)

(22) Jeremy Hill RB 6'1 229 FR Baton Rouge, LA (Redemptorist Sr HS)

(23) Jonathan Rose DB 6'2 180 FR Leeds, AL (Leeds HS)

(24) Reese Dismukes OL 6'4 290 FR Spanish Fort, AL (Spanish Fort HS)

(25) Thomas O'Reilly OL 6'4 310 FR Marietta, GA (Pope HS)

** Shon Coleman OL 6'6 290 FR Olive Branch, MS (Olive Branch HS)**

Archived