Will it be a shootout or a defensive battle ?

BPI

I'm thinking somewhere in between. I believe our offense scores, but not at will and much like last year we will have some big plays for touchdowns. I believe our defense does better than expected and holds Bamas run game to about 150 yards , give or take.

I'll say the scoreboard will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-28 Auburn.

On a note, If Bama abandons the run , I believe a shootout WILL happen, and if it does , we win something like 43-31......

What do ya'll think ?

I hate bama as much or more than anybody, but this is the best football team we have faced this year. I'm not  saying we can't score 59 points on them, but I kinda doubt it. And don't get me wrong, I wish we score 100 on them !

I hope its a shoot out... Auburn would win by 10+ points if that happens.

Our defense gets active in the 3rd and 4th quarters... McElroy does not want to be in the shotgun constantly late in the game... itll play right into the favor of what Auburn wants Bama to do.

If we give up 150 rushing it definitely won't be better than I expected

As long as they dont score... It wont matter. 150 rushing these days isnt that much since Bama as a team is averaging 174 RYPG.

Auburn has a chance to hold them under 125... Auburn will surrender a good bit of passing yards... but thats kinda part of the strategy a little bit.

Auburn will lure Bama into a passing attack and once it gets predictable in the 3rd quarter, they will come after the quarterback and Fairley will start to wear em down.

Its worked so far... not saying Auburn is unstoppable... but they are definitely a second half team.

IF they rush , they don't pass....I think Saban tries to run it early and often , especially in the first half.

IF they rush , they don't pass....I think Saban tries to run it early and often , especially in the first half.

We can only hope this is true, it will lead to a lot of three-n-outs and more opportunities for  :tdau:

While I would love for us to light up the scoreboard, I'm beginning to think it's gonna be alot like the Clemson, South Carolina, and LSU games were.  Of those 3 teams, South Carolina resembles Bama the most with a great RB, sometimes steady QB, and a really good WR.  Bama will score, we just have to answer them each time, and we'll eventually take over in the 2nd half.  We have got to make it to the 30's to win I believe.

They had 31 carries against LSU for 103 net yards.

Auburn had 52 for 440.

Auburn can force them to throw the ball and take them out of their comfort zone... it would be beneficial for Auburn to make them one dimensional... sooner or later our d will settle and get after the qb.

Heading into the 4th quarter... Auburn had run 55 offensive plays to UGA's 30.

Auburns TOP was also spectacular in that game... the offense can wear them down in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Keep in mind also that we gave UGA a freebie with the Newton INT.

Auburn made up for it with the Onside kick. Sometimes you have to have luck, and Auburn is making it happen.

If Auburn has the lead heading into the fourth quarter... I think they will win the game. The offense is to dominant.

I've just given up on trying to predict what may happen. When it comes to the IB, it's like starting a new season: You have no idea what to expect. However, One thing I always know is our boys will play whole-hearted and the Auburn family will roar in the stands with every play in support of our team. WAR EAGLE!!! Bring on win number 12!!

LSU has a VERY dominant defense. It they had a decent offense to compliment it , they would be a GREAT team. However, they don't.  Bama's defense will be the second best defense we have faced besides them.

I see Bama doing what Ole MIss did defensively....Completely selling out to Cam. Making Dyer and McCalleb beat them., and make Cam throw it.....Heck , I would do the same thing.

And on offense, (said it earlier) , I see them trying VERY hard to establish the run in the first half. Not sayinig they won't pass it some, but I see them trying to run it about 70% of the time, or until they realise it just isn't happening.

LSU has a VERY dominant defense. It they had a decent offense to compliment it , they would be a GREAT team. However, they don't.  Bama's defense will be the second best defense we have faced besides them.

I see Bama doing what Ole MIss did defensively....Completely selling out to Cam. Making Dyer and McCalleb beat them., and make Cam throw it.....Heck , I would do the same thing.

And on offense, (said it earlier) , I see them trying VERY hard to establish the run in the first half. Not sayinig they won't pass it some, but I see them trying to run it about 70% of the time, or until they realise it just isn't happening.

Against Ole Miss Cam was 16-20 for 189 yards in the first half with 2 TD.

I think your right, Auburn will have to throw more in the first half to set up the run in the second half. Alabama has a young secondary, and Auburn has veteran receivers.

I like our chances.

Archived