USCe fans are well- wow!

AU-HANDLEY-TIGER

I know I shouldn't care but you try to say good season, you will probably be back next year.... They are upset about us scoring late in the game! After 2004 CGC didn't call the dogs off until very late in the game for a reason, voters look at the final score.

But, I got an idea tell your defense to stop someone, USCe won the East because it was weak- your body of work was weak, I mean look at your schedule- GA, Ky, Tenn and Clemson, we're 6-6, FLA 7-5, you had one quality win folks Alabama at home.

Good luck in your bowl, see you next year when we continue to dominate you -like everyone else. USCe football  :laugh:

I have been in the stands during a Spurrier beat down before. Last TD was back-ups. We were also

really working the clock. Won with class!

How exactly is running the ball straight up the middle trying to run the score up? I'm sorry but if you can't stop our back-ups with your starters then you didn't deserve to be in the title game in the first game.

Oh wait ... after that demolishing ... they didn't deserve to be there period!

You know, it was about letting people like Fannin and Burns (seniors) get an opportunity to score after all the crap they went through this year in a huge game. It was about letting people play in probably their last game of football ever. What's Chizk supposed to say? "Now go out there and do your best not to score so some USC fans on a messageboard won't be upset"?  :dunno:

We basically told them each play we were going to run.  It was straight up the middle for about 6 or 7 plays in a row.  The only time we threw the ball was on 3rd down.  The last td was with the second string offense.  The Carolina players showed a lot of class in post game interviews (they're all over the news here in SC).  The fans on the other hand...many were upset.  I did have a few congratulate Auburn on the win and wished us luck in the BCSCG.  The upside for USC is that they return almost everybody next year.  They'll be in good shape.

If they or anyone else thinks that CSS would have done differently if the roles were reversed, they are crazy. And of all people, we know how fast a lead can vanish. I did feel bad for CSS but the fans, HECK NO! It wasn't like Auburn tried to run the score up, they just dominated in every phase of the game. Don't pay them or anyone else any attention. After what this team and we fans have been through, this is our celebration not theirs. WDE!

Hey are the worst base this side of LSU and Bammer in the SEC.....They are actually thinkking that if Latt had more carries they would have won it.....Latt is good , but if they had force fed Latt , we win by 60 points....

C'mon guys.  We know we won with class, and that we scored that last one with our second string.  Let's not talk crap about how sh#tty they are.  USCe is a pretty good team, it just wasn't their day.  Stay classy Auburn.  WDE.

Hanging "Half a hundred" on the old ball coach is great. He would do it to your team if he had the chance. I don't feel as though the score was being ran up though. That USCe team gave up and it showed.

For those that don't remember: Half a Hundred is a Spurrier quote.

They have apparently forgotten about the ol ball coach's days at Florida. He didn't hesitate running up the score on anyone. IMO we didn't run the score up, but instead allowed well deserved playing time for the rest of the Family. They should consider themselves lucky that Smooth Adams somehow dropped a TD pass, or the score would've been worse.

:believe:

On the same subject but a bit different ...

Why are they all whining about how Auburn celebrated? o.O Do they actually think that if they had beaten Auburn that they would just walk to the center of the field, shake hands, head into the locker room, and not jump and yell and celebrate like they had just won ... THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!

Haters gonna hate and I absolutely love that we're getting the hate now. It means that we're doing something right on the field and every single person that complains about something that Auburn does is jealous of just how good this team is.

WAR EAGLE!!!

There was too much time left to kneel on it (like we did for LSU). We needed first downs to keep from giving USCe the ball back with time to score. All we did was run it up the middle. If they wanted the game over faster they should have run on their last couple of drives instead of trying to throw the ball.

In CSS's defense:  When he was at UF and running up the score...It mattered.  Today, your points difference, (Margin of Victory), are not really calculated other than in the voters minds.  I think Margin of Victory used to be part of the formula, but it is no longer there.

I think Spurrier proved what a good coach he is in getting those SC players to stay home and play for him.  USC will be something next year, but I think a lot of the East teams will rebound next year.

I took no joy in the beat down CSS had to endure on the national stage...I would have enjoyed beating that scumbag Meyer, though.

:wedance:

if you don't want walk ons and back ups scoring on you, then stop them. It's not like we were throwing deep to try and score. The only pass on that drive was a 3rd and long. And the defense gave up it's longest run of the night to the backup QB who was wearing an offensive lineman's knee brace. I wish Trotter would have run over a defender and continued on to the endzone.

I have heard Spurrier say, on numerous occasions, "It is my job to score as many as I can. It is the other team's job to stop us."

Guest shirley4au9

I have been in the stands during a Spurrier beat down before. Last TD was back-ups. We were also

really working the clock. Won with class!

"They won with class" is the first thing my husband, corndog I add, said to me when he called after the game. I don't allow him to watch games with me. Hello, first team taken out final drive. Too bad USC couldn't stop them, NOT! I don't yell for anyone in the SEC anymore. AUBURN is my team. After all the comments made by fans from schools in our conference, I don't care if they are playing China, I'll yell for China. This has been an eye opening season. We stand alone and I like it that way. We don't need anyone else. We are family and that's the way I want it. Now, let's go to NY and then Glendale...Bring it all home guys! Three additional trophies in the case! 2010 and January 10, 2011 will be a time for us all to reflect with joy for the rest of our lives. I love Auburn to the very core of my being. War Eagle!

I have a problem with people down-talking the SEC East schedules to prove a point, but also stating the SEC conference schedule as reasons we deserved to be #1. You can't have it both ways! Either the SEC is great or it's down, but don't Bama talk yourselves into some ridiculous logic, because if I remember correctly we played three (3) of those SEC East teams this year....

I have a problem with people down-talking the SEC East schedules to prove a point, but also stating the SEC conference schedule as reasons we deserved to be #1. You can't have it both ways! Either the SEC is great or it's down, but don't Bama talk yourselves into some ridiculous logic, because if I remember correctly we played three (3) of those SEC East teams this year....

The SEC east would have been much better this year if the sec west wasn't on the schedule.

USCE gave up 1,356 yards on the ground for the whole season.

Auburn accounted for 672 of those yards in two games.

This includes their OCC schedule and both Alabama and Ark. from the west.

They are crying about everything. We ran up the score. Cam was over there on the sideline celebrating with all of the other Auburn players. How dare he do that? We are cheats. They are quickly getting to turd levels as far as a fanbase in my book.

Hanging "Half a hundred" on the old ball coach is great. He would do it to your team if he had the chance. I don't feel as though the score was being ran up though. That USCe team gave up and it showed.

For those that don't remember: Half a Hundred is a Spurrier quote.

He has done it to us in the past, once in 1988, his debut as coach I believe, and the year we had Takeo Spikes and played them in Gainsville.

Troy turned the ball over deep in their on territory. On first down CSS called a PLAY ACTION pass for a td. There was only like 2 min left in the game. Most people would just run the clock but CSS wanted to run the score up. Tell them to shut up CSS did run it up 2 weeks ago!

In CSS's defense:  When he was at UF and running up the score...It mattered.  Today, your points difference, (Margin of Victory), are not really calculated other than in the voters minds.  I think Margin of Victory used to be part of the formula, but it is no longer there.

I think Spurrier proved what a good coach he is in getting those SC players to stay home and play for him.  USC will be something next year, but I think a lot of the East teams will rebound next year.

I took no joy in the beat down CSS had to endure on the national stage...I would have enjoyed beating that scumbag Meyer, though.

:wedance:

Not sure saying margin of victory doesn't matter except in voters minds is really that effective of an argument against running up the score; after all, the voters do account fo 2/3 of the BCS.  You could say it doesn't count quite as much since it was factored out of the computers but it's still a big one.

Archived