Nick Fairley's statement at the Nagurski Awards

stealthyfan

While he didn't come away with the Nagurski Award this season, Fairley said he hopes the experience will serve as a springboard for next year. However, Fairley is projected to be a top 10 pick in the NFL draft if he skips his senior season at Auburn.

"This is something that will definitely push me so I can come back and try to win it again next year," he said. "It's something that will definitely push me to try harder next year."

Tommy Hicks - al.com

the whole article here: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/12/clemsons_bowers_wins_nagurski.html

I would love to watch Nick in O&B for one more year but he had an outstanding year he needs to strike while the iron is hot.  You never know what may happen to him if he comes back.  I noticed as the yeat went on teams started to try and take his legs out.  I would hate for him to get hurt and lose the opportunity of a lifetime.  But thats just my opinion.

I would love to watch Nick in O&B for one more year but he had an outstanding year he needs to strike while the iron is hot.  You never know what may happen to him if he comes back.  I noticed as the yeat went on teams started to try and take his legs out.  I would hate for him to get hurt and lose the opportunity of a lifetime.  But thats just my opinion.

The NFLPA has advised players to save their final 3 game checks this year in anticipation of a lockout.  If there's a lockout, you're not going to see many (if any) juniors leave.  I really, really hope their is a lockout.  I never watch the NFL and would love to see Fairley and Newton play another year.

Dear Santa - all I want for Christmas is one more football season with #2 and #90 playing at Jordan Hare Stadium!!!

Ditto from me Big Guy.

As much as I would like to see him back, he needs to take this chance and get paid. There is no telling what might happen next year. His stock will not get any higher, and there is always a risk for injury, especially at his position.

Get paid, big man!   :we:

Hmm, this is very interesting. Sounds like he really cares for sticking around for one more year. I know he's projected high in the draft, but hey... Ya' never know. Maybe he will indeed stick around.

Hmm, this is very interesting. Sounds like he really cares for sticking around for one more year. I know he's projected high in the draft, but hey... Ya' never know. Maybe he will indeed stick around.

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a lockout.

RRants - I agree totally.  That would be a nice thing to be announced when they return with the BCS Chammpionship.  Would love for each of our guys thinking of going pro announce, one after another, that they would like another year.

Don't get caught up in a statement made at a time of high emotion. Nick has a family to support and once he gets evaluated by the NFL, I think he takes the dollars. I would. Thanks Nick for a fantastic year!

Both Cam and Nick have earned the hearts of the Auburn family.  They can make the decision themselves, and I will support them on whatever they decide.

Can one of the mods please edit the thread title?  I find it rather embarrassing that a thread about arguably the best defensive player in the nation can't spell his name right.  F-A-I-R-L-E-Y.  This is not rocket science.  I'm sorry if this comes off as impolite, but a player of his caliber deserves better.  It's not like this is Mark Buehrle or Devin Aromashodu here from a difficulty standpoint.  

Both Cam and Nick have earned the hearts of the Auburn family.  They can make the decision themselves, and I will support them on whatever they decide.

I'll support their decision. Looking at it from a purely selfish point of view, I'll never see them play once they leave Auburn.  I don't care about nor do I watch the NFL and I'd really love to see them play another year.

I watch Auburn guys in the NFL, but that's it. I can't wait to see what Tate does next season once he is all healed up. If Fairley does decide to go pro, I'll support him. But likes others and myself have said, it'd be nice to see him once more.

I watch Auburn guys in the NFL, but that's it. I can't wait to see what Tate does next season once he is all healed up. If Fairley does decide to go pro, I'll support him. But likes others and myself have said, it'd be nice to see him once more.

The only thing I know about Auburn guys in the NFL is that little blurb Auburn comes out with on a weekly basis.

Don't get caught up in a statement made at a time of high emotion. Nick has a family to support and once he gets evaluated by the NFL, I think he takes the dollars. I would. Thanks Nick for a fantastic year!

I agree with this

What was he supposed to say "I dont really care, I am projected in the top 10 in the draft" That is one good thing he seems to have manners and said the polite thing at the moment. He could have just said "I'm a dirty player according to yall and really dont give a crap what any of you think, espically since I will be making millions next year"

I applaud him for making the correct statement to those who have trashed him

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a lockout.

I can't believe I'm hoping for a lockout too.  One more year with Cam and Nick!

Can one of the mods please edit the thread title?  I find it rather embarrassing that a thread about arguably the best defensive player in the nation can't spell his name right.  F-A-I-R-L-E-Y.  This is not rocket science.  I'm sorry if this comes off as impolite, but a player of his caliber deserves better.  It's not like this is Mark Buehrle or Devin Aromashodu here from a difficulty standpoint.  

I think you probably meant for this post to come off as impolite. Maybe it just looks that way. :dunno:

PM the original poster, tell him his mistake. I"m sure he will change it.

they could always take out insurance claims from Lloyd's of London, in case injury prevents them from going to the NFL after next season.  A few million dollars doesnt compare to the possible millions they could make in the nfl this year but it could provide a pretty nice life.  who knows, a college degree may mean more to both of them than we realize. can always dream, right?

That goes for me too.

As much as I would like to see him back, he needs to take this chance and get paid. There is no telling what might happen next year. His stock will not get any higher, and there is always a risk for injury, especially at his position.

Get paid, big man!   :we:

Exactly no telling what will happen next year. There could be no draft at all or all contracts signed during draft could be made null. For all we know the NFLPA may be telling these kids to stay in school if possible and see where the dust settles after this offseason. He could lose money or he could have to sit out a year and then try and get drafted after sitting out.

It makes me giddy even thinking about him coming back so here's to hoping!!

Archived