Frost is ALL IN

aun

I know everyone on here says there is no way we don't take Frost, and I agree it is hard to imagine not accepting him.  However, it appears Bryan Matthews is still sticking with his story.  This was posted about 6 hours ago-

"It's the same status as yesterday and the same as it will be tomorrow. He's not committed to Auburn. AU is full at linebacker and I don't anticipate that changing. Auburn still has some important needs to fill at RB, OL, DL and DB with their final eight spots.

This is what happened with Frost: Auburn has had very little contact with him over the last two months. They got word that he might try to commit Saturday and notified him and his family not to, which he did anyway.

Could something change in the future? Sure, things always change in recruiting. But I don't anticipate any changes with Frost. We're not listing him as a commitment and neither are any other sites that follow Auburn recruiting.

He's a good player and a good kid. I feel awful for him that this has happened."

This is just hard to beleive, but surely he is not making this up.  Of course it could be true and we still take him.  Hope we take him.

Can't believe he would commit, if the coaches told him not to. He mentioned AU coaching staff being honest with. Does that not sound like the coaches being honest with him?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BM needs to just shut up... It's not his job to hash out KF commit in public. It should be done behind closed doors so that what ever happens every one is on the same page, and KF can save face if he needs to..

I know everyone on here says there is no way we don't take Frost, and I agree it is hard to imagine not accepting him.  However, it appears Bryan Matthews is still sticking with his story.  This was posted about 6 hours ago-

"It's the same status as yesterday and the same as it will be tomorrow. He's not committed to Auburn. AU is full at linebacker and I don't anticipate that changing. Auburn still has some important needs to fill at RB, OL, DL and DB with their final eight spots.

This is what happened with Frost: Auburn has had very little contact with him over the last two months. They got word that he might try to commit Saturday and notified him and his family not to, which he did anyway.

Could something change in the future? Sure, things always change in recruiting. But I don't anticipate any changes with Frost. We're not listing him as a commitment and neither are any other sites that follow Auburn recruiting.

He's a good player and a good kid. I feel awful for him that this has happened."

This is just hard to beleive, but surely he is not making this up.  Of course it could be true and we still take him.  Hope we take him.

If he felt so bad for him, he shouldn't have put this information out there for public consumption so that it could be sorted out between the coaching staff and Kris and his family without anyone have to be publicly embarassed.

It will all work out guys. Trust the coaches...

What is sad is that is about the 10th time you have had to say that the past 2 days Golf.

What is sad is that is about the 10th time you have had to say that the past 2 days Golf.

It is sad that many Auburn fans still don't have faith in our coaches. 

If we had all seen Frost commit and then a few days later he decommitted, there would have been a lot of people demanding to know what happened and how the coaches could have lost him, etc. I'm not saying Bryan Matthews is totally in the right here, but I understand. His job is to report recruiting news, good and bad.

I do trust the coaches to do the right thing, but it's frustrating when a prominent figure in AU recruiting circles is so adamantly spouting off about this as if it's a done deal.

If we had all seen Frost commit and then a few days later he decommitted, there would have been a lot of people demanding to know what happened and how the coaches could have lost him, etc. I'm not saying Bryan Matthews is totally in the right here, but I understand. His job is to report recruiting news, good and bad.

I agree with the sentiment but I still say there is a time and a place - and 5 mins after the commit was not the right time....Let the coaches focus on the game, get things right with Kris and then we can learn about what may or may not have happened....really bad timing and really bad form in my opinion...

How is this news?  He's the only one coming out and saying this.  What coach told him that Frost's commitment would not be accepted?  He's skirting on the edge of innuendo, IMO.  He should use better judgement in what he puts out there.

BM needs to just shut up... It's not his job to hash out KF commit in public. It should be done behind closed doors so that what ever happens every one is on the same page, and KF can save face if he needs to..

He is constantly being asked by his subscribers, and he was just answering them in a thread.  I still think it can work out because things change quickly in recruiting.  But I do think that this will not be resolved until after the game and the coaches get a chance to sit down with him.  I just hate that the day before our biggest game, I am on a recruiting website wondering if a kid that committed to us will be playing next year for us, very distracting.

He is constantly being asked by his subscribers, and he was just answering them in a thread.  I still think it can work out because things change quickly in recruiting.  But I do think that this will not be resolved until after the game and the coaches get a chance to sit down with him.  I just hate that the day before our biggest game, I am on a recruiting website wondering if a kid that committed to us will be playing next year for us, very distracting.

He wouldn't be getting hounded if he hadn't put the information out to start with.

I do trust the coaches to do the right thing, but it's frustrating when a prominent figure in AU recruiting circles is so adamantly spouting off about this as if it's a done deal.

BM prominent?...not IMO.

I was talking about the Mods on AE. No need to put Mods in the same sentence with AE's Mods because this is not their site.

I was actually refering to the whole thread here and included your response in it.  I only put ST and the Mayor in my post because they are the two mods on this site with the best, most reliable info and they pass the info down.  Mark Murphy has the best most reliable info on Scout and he passes the info down to the other mods as well.  JL, I assume, does the same as above. 

Other than the names mentioned, there are a small handful of mods on any site that has decent info on their own and then the remaining mods are effective mods in terms of policing the boards.  There are also mods on all of the sites whose effectiveness is not evident to those reading.

wde 

Golf's ears are burning

Well aren't you the smart one for the night bird. How long did it take to think of that one. Good lord 2 years of this crap. How much can a man take.

:laugh:  Just remember Golf, the early bird always gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.  :thumbsup:

BM prominent?...not IMO.

Maybe not anymore, but he was at one time.

Maybe so Amy but he should have shown the class and decency to hold his story for a day at least. To say it before the  all star game was over makes him a complete jerk off to rob Frost's moment like that.

I am furious at Matthews. He had no business putting this out in public for everyone to see. I think it was classless. To me, he was trying to get a great story out there. The kid is a good kid and will do great wherever he goes. Now, Auburn could get a bad image from this because of what Matthews said. I see nothing good from what Matthews has done with his article.

Now, I'm just curious as to what will happen with Frost. I trust in the coaches, but that doesn't mean my curiosity is gone with Frost. From what the Mods are saying, he will come to Auburn. The mods on here have been pretty good so far, consequently I believe them. I wouldn't have this curiosity if not for Matthews. Thanks there buddy, you really did a good job with this article.

He wouldn't be getting hounded if he hadn't put the information out to start with.

^^^^ x1000

If BM had kept his mouth shut and a few days later KF switched to UM most people would have thought he had a change of heart and went with the team he grew up a fan of. These kids only get one big moment to commit on national tv, and BM robbed him of that by publicly questioning his commitment minutes after he said "I'm going to AU"

Maybe so Amy but he should have shown the class and decency to hold his story for a day at least. To say it before the  all star game was over makes him a complete jerk off to rob Frost's moment like that.

I definitely understand that feeling. if he felt he really needed to break it, I think it would have been better if he had just put it in a post on the site and kept it members only and not put it on Twitter, but it still would have gotten out.

I definitely understand that feeling. if he felt he really needed to break it, I think it would have been better if he had just put it in a post on the site and kept it members only and not put it on Twitter, but it still would have gotten out.

He should not have said anything on it any way period til today at the earliest

a fellow TRUE auburn man would wait.........but let's be real here.  IT IS a story.  We haven't accepted.  These people are just reporting the story, not creating it.

a fellow TRUE auburn man would wait.........but let's be real here.  IT IS a story.  We haven't accepted.  These people are just reporting the story, not creating it.

I agree.  If we had already accepted his committ, we would know.  So, yes it is a story.  I just hate that it is a distraction.

Archived