Frost is ALL IN

aun

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Hill for the link.  I hope it's good news for Frost and AU.  I also hope CGC prays before he talks to KF.  I really hope KF is an official AU Tiger tomorrow!!!!

I like Kris Frost and hope we keep Frost, he looks as though he has a lot of talent.  If that article is accurate I posted is accurate, I like the fact that Frost was able to talk to someone on Chizik's staff.

I live here in Charlotte NC, I've seen the kid play, known about him for a while now. His parents raised this this young man right and I can say without a doubt that he is "all in" for Auburn. It did come  down to us and Michigan but in the end it was the " Family atmosphere" and the stability of our program. Don't forget that he attended AU camps and games with his family. This is really a non issue, he wants to be at Auburn and Auburn wants him ! War Eagle

I live here in Charlotte NC, I've seen the kid play, known about him for a while now. His parents raised this this young man right and I can say without a doubt that he is "all in" for Auburn. It did come  down to us and Michigan but in the end it was the " Family atmosphere" and the stability of our program. Don't forget that he attended AU camps and games with his family. This is really a non issue, he wants to be at Auburn and Auburn wants him ! War Eagle

Thats great to hear!! thanks!

(I believe chizik will do the right...and smart...thing, and put this bs to bed by accepting frosts' commitment. WDE)

I just hope that the reason that CGC is personally talking to him is not because they have to let him down easy. But if he does then I am sure that CGC has a good moral reason for doing it, like he already promised all the spots to others who commited first.

I just hope that the reason that CGC is personally talking to him is not because they have to let him down easy. But if he does then I am sure that CGC has a good moral reason for doing it, like he already promised all the spots to others who commited first.

Me too! I hope they are just speaking with him to solidify and let him know what it means and takes to be an Auburn football player.

Just to add my two cents with good knowledge, Frost will be an Auburn Tiger. But, the bad news is that someones parents will be expected to pay for their kids tuition for the first year. Thigpen was the only one still believing Frost was AU bound.

Just to add my two cents with good knowledge, Frost will be an Auburn Tiger. But, the bad news is that someones parents will be expected to pay for their kids tuition for the first year. Thigpen was the only one still believing Frost was AU bound.

Until we hit that 25th recruit it's hard for me to even get worried or upset about this....not being negative but there's a alot of uncommitted guys we could just miss on

How does a grayshirt work?  Will the recruit be added to 2012 class for a scholarship?

How does a grayshirt work?  Will the recruit be added to 2012 class for a scholarship?

Usually they pay thier own way for the first semester (most of the time part time) and then they get a full ride starting in the spring

You think after all that's went down this season we wouldn't melt down over something like this. The economy is bad, but they are still hiring at the rumor mill.

Almost Time! WDE! Beat those Quackers! 

Kris Frost is ours!! Calloway is ours! This class is shaping up to be everything the mods and others said it would be.

Sorry I have been pessimistic. I yield to the greatness of the insiders.

I guess if I had known earlier that Keihl Frazier's dad was one of the contributors, I would not have had my moments of consternation. Never again!! You guys have totally been right on!!

Not only do we win the SEC and BCS, we will win another top recruiting class. Things have NEVER looked better for AU. We owe Jay Jacobs our full support and heartfelt thanks for hiring Gene Chizik! Thanks Gene for establishing the best coaching staff in the nation and for coming to AU!

(BTW Special thanks should go out to Bo Jackson, Pat Dye, and many other former Tigers who have been ALL IN with AU along with the entire coaching staff!!

It is surely great to be an Auburn Tiger!!

TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!

No... not the ONLY one!!  ;):thumbsup:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how there could be a problem.

Frost is one of the most desirable kids in the country, and Auburn clearly wanted him.  He would not have committed without having an offer.  So... that means there are two possibilities.

1. Auburn filled up its anticipated class but failed to tell Frost.  That would be a pretty egregious error.  You gotta tell a young man, "We love you, but we're getting full, so you need to let us know if you're thinking of committing to us." 

2. Since we know Auburn was still working on him, that first option doesn't make much sense.  That means there may be someone out there whose offer is now shutting down.  The coaches should be checking in with all their commitments, silent or otherwise, and saying, "We need this to be firm.  Are you firm?"  Then they would go to the desirable prospects and say, "We need a decision if you can make one."  They might leave one or two spaces open for the Ray Drew types, but that would be it.

What am I missing?

Since Frost wants to enroll in January, can't he count back to last years class? We did not hit our 25 limit on scholarships since Shon Coleman never made it in.

This is incorrect. We signed 32 last year. The 5 players that enrolled in January counted to the 2009 class. 32-5=27. Shon Did not make it because of his medical condition and Jeremy Richardson had to go the juco route and is on pace to be a Tiger in 2012. 27-2=25. Therefore even though Frost is an EE he can not count back to the 2010 class because we signed a full class of 25 last season....All that said based on info from ST, Mayor, A4E, and Jonesy Frost is a Tiger and will be in class on Tuesday...or Wednesday if he does not schedule Tuesday-Thursday classes.  ;)

Sorry if this is already posted, but i havent seen it. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6003014

that is an article from espn about commitments at the army game... look what it says about frost... apparently he hasnt contacted the coaches? hope thats inaccurate

that is an article from espn about commitments at the army game... look what it says about frost... apparently he hasnt contacted the coaches? hope thats inaccurate

Don't worry yourself, man. That stems from a report by Bryan Matthews about the coaches scrambling to figure out how they can make room for him, but rest assured that we WILL find room for him.

Don't worry yourself, man. That stems from a report by Bryan Matthews about the coaches scrambling to figure out how they can make room for him, but rest assured that we WILL find room for him.

alright i appreciate it red. yeah theres been so many conflicting reports on whether he cleared his commitment with the coaches or not. some people claiming on twitter they talked to him and saying he did and others (like bryan matthews) saying he didn't.  i was just curious that espn came out and said he didnt clear it either.  but since it comes from bmatt's report i guess i have no reason to worry. thanks again red and war eagle

alright i appreciate it red. yeah theres been so many conflicting reports on whether he cleared his commitment with the coaches or not. some people claiming on twitter they talked to him and saying he did and others (like bryan matthews) saying he didn't.  i was just curious that espn came out and said he didnt clear it either.  but since it comes from bmatt's report i guess i have no reason to worry. thanks again red and war eagle

Yeah, trust me, I have it on excellent authority that Frost will be a Tiger next year.

Gosh, I just had a vision of Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes cereal, and I'm trying to think of a cool way to incorporate that into a nickname, but I don't know how well it'll work...

Yeah, trust me, I have it on excellent authority that Frost will be a Tiger next year.

Gosh, I just had a vision of Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes cereal, and I'm trying to think of a cool way to incorporate that into a nickname, but I don't know how well it'll work...

As I posted in another thread I like Frosty the Sack Man if he is moved to LB.

Archived