Frost is ALL IN

aun

Let's avoid naming names of recruits at random in speculating about greyshirts.  It is just a way to start a rumor and unfairly make a kid's life miserable for no reason.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaches are going to have someone greyshirt from my understanding to make room for Kris.   

Frost = Auburn Tiger.

any idea who? seems slightly unfair if it's someone already committed.

I'm not sure at this point in time.    I'd think it would be someone that has been told all along that they were a grey shirt candidate.

Counsel is right, no need to post names for speculation.  We are planning on signing 26 or 27.  There should be room for Frost.  IMO, the coaches want to make sure he is fully committed and ALL IN because we are close to the limit.  Which means they have 7-8 silent commitments.    

Here is what I think is ***** of the scout and rivals sites - neither have an article up mentioning KF or saying anything about his "committment".  They just chose not to list him as committed.  If they are going to take that strong a stand, they should at least have a blurb on why they say he is not committed.  How hard would it be to say " at the time he committed, we are told that his offer was not committable, however the coaching staff is working through this issue.  His offer may or may not become committable in the following days."  Apparently they are too spineless to put themselves out there this far.  :dunno:

Here is what I think is ***** of the scout and rivals sites - neither have an article up mentioning KF or saying anything about his "committment".  They just chose not to list him as committed.  If they are going to take that strong a stand, they should at least have a blurb on why they say he is not committed.  How hard would it be to say " at the time he committed, we are told that his offer was not committable, however the coaching staff is working through this issue.  His offer may or may not become committable in the following days."  Apparently they are too spineless to put themselves out there this far.  :dunno:

They did.

They did.

I have seen BM's blogs and threads, but that is on 24/7, there is no explanation that I can find on rivals or scout that explains the situation.  Speculation is not sufficient, if they know something, they should write it.  Do you have a link to an article that I may have missed because there is nothing on the main AU pages.

They did.

I have seen BM's blogs and threads, but that is on 24/7, there is no explanation that I can find on rivals or scout that explains the situation.  Speculation is not sufficient, if they know something, they should write it.  Do you have a link to an article that I may have missed because there is nothing on the main AU pages.

JLee wrote that the coaches were working on the situation and he would have more up later.  I just hate that all this had to happen now.  I would much prefer to have the entire staff and team focusing on nothing but the game.  Of course, this team has done wonders while having distraction so maybe having some drama/distraction is part of their pregame routine now! 

I'm not reading through 44 pages, did we reject him or is this just gump's trying to put some neg pub on a solid crooting day for us?

We did NOT reject him.  He will be an Auburn Tiger.  

That's what I thought.  I'm used to gumps putting out crap when we have good day's.  Just wanted to confirm. 

The only problem is it wasn't a gump.  It was our own Bryan Matthews of rivals who threw it out there.  What he is saying just doesn't make any sense.   KF had a committable offer.  Most coaches thought he was going to Michigan but Coach Thigpen reeled him in.  The offer was still there and there is room in this class for him.

You have some facts wrong there bud.  Bryan Matthews is no longer with rivals I know for sure.  He is w/ 247 sports, and I might be wrong here, but I don't think he works for the university either.

I'm not reading through 44 pages, did we reject him or is this just gump's trying to put some neg pub on a solid crooting day for us?

That's what I thought.  I'm used to gumps putting out crap when we have good day's.  Just wanted to confirm. 

The only problem is it wasn't a gump.  It was our own Bryan Matthews of rivals who threw it out there.  What he is saying just doesn't make any sense.   KF had a committable offer.  Most coaches thought he was going to Michigan but Coach Thigpen reeled him in.  The offer was still there and there is room in this class for him.

You have some facts wrong there bud.  Bryan Matthews is no longer with rivals I know for sure.  He is w/ 247 sports, and I might be wrong here, but I don't think he works for the university either.

He was co-owner of the Auburn Rivals site (I think they set it up as a franchise for each team site, or something like that).  He got into some trouble over something he posted on The Bunker that he shouldn't have and Rivals pushed him out the door.  He now works for 24/7.  I don't know that he ever worked for the university.  But reporters from these "specialized" sites seem to have more privilege than other reporters.  I could sure see the coaches taking him out of the loop after this fiasco. 

Ok folks...here is the deal...look at the numbers, and you will realize that we actually do have just enough room for KF, and I would bet money Kris knew his commitment would be accepted when he made it.  As clever as our coaches are, and frankly the way they tend to deal with all forms of media, do you not think they might be letting the we are running out of room story get some legs so that those that want to be a part of this class will close the deal?  Wouldn't that be pretty brilliant?

They did.

There aren't articles, but they have made posts explaining what they know.

Could he not pull out of school and go to UM.Does EE mean the same thing as a LOI?

It is my understanding, corect me if I am wrong, if he attends class at Auburn on Monday and then leaves he would have to sit out a year like a transfer.

:we:

He won't attend class Monday, AU is closed due to the weather.

It has been reported on another site (pay site).  That this will be resolved, but not until after the bowl game.  This, apparently, is less of a space issue as it is a being jerked around issue (telling them that he wants to go to UM and waiting until RR was fired to change his mind).  I am not bashing KF by any means, but I think they want to make sure that he is truly All In and understands what it means to be part of the Auburn Family.  From what I've seen of KF, he understands that and will let the know coaches that he does.  The reporter did say that it could mean that KF won't enroll early.

I should pay more attention when typing.  Trying to watch ballgames and read all this.  Correct, he no longer works for rivals.   It is still up in the air as to whether he still works for the university.  If anybody knows anything for sure, let us know.  

What I remember reading is that KF informed the coaches some time ago that he would go to UM. The coaches were disappointed but wished him well. They all had basically given up, everyone but Coach Thig, who stayed on him. After the firing of RR, KF changed his tune and decided to attend AU. Which brings us to today. I believe there is a spot for him as the mods here have said and I believe the coaches will find a way to make it all work. Somebody will get left out but I don't think it will be KF.

JLee posted that KF at one point told the coaches he was AU bound, then informed them he had changed his mind and would go to UM. After RR was fired he changed his mind again and the coaches weren't exactly waiting with open arms for him. KF, his parents and the coaches will have a long talk sometime this weekend or after the game on Monday to hash it all out and make sure that AU is reallly where he wants to be. He expects it all to be settled very soon and in the end he believes he will be a tiger. He's holding off putting KF on the committment list because of this and will wait until it is all settled.

We have 47 pages of thread dedicated to one recruit who may or may not come to Auburn? Man, this is like bigger than that issue with Cam during the season.

You must have missed the Lache saga last year....

We have 47 pages of thread dedicated to one recruit who may or may not come to Auburn? Man, this is like bigger than that issue with Cam during the season.

You must have missed the Lache saga last year....

Actually this saga plays out with every recruit....just wait til one of commits know takes a visit or says something nice about another school as we approach Feb 2

Am I the only one who saw that there were commitment stories for Frost on both Rivals & Scout before Calloway's announcement on TV?

I got an email notice from scout about a commitment from Frost.  I then went to Rivals and saw his name on the commitment list.  It seems someone jumped the gun on this news.

Just an interesting note, but the rivals article about all the army aa bowl commits is on the front page of yahoo and the picture they use just happens to be KF wearing his auburn hat.

All of this is CRAZY!!  BM is saying he is in connection and communicates with the coaching staff, therefore, leaving us to believe what he says is true until told otherwise.  Then on top of that I have being watching interviews with KF and he seems giddy about his commitment to AU.  Meanwhile Michigan analysts keep asking him questions and stirring the pot about the rumors on the internet of AU not having having room for him.  These rumors seem to come as a shock to him and he doesn't know what to say but he'll talk with the coaches.   :dunno:  I don't know what's going on but I hope KF signs with AU.  War Eagle Kris and thanks for at least making a splash for AU.

Archived