Academic eligibility?

coolmello

ive heard that there could be anywhere from 1 to 6 guys that fall into this category. somebody needs to do some investigating on this fast

I find it hard to believe that six players are academically ineligible for the game. That would be crazy. I've never heard of anything like that before a bowl game. By the way, what about Oregon's academic issues?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all good.  He will be fine.  I heard it was a mistake by an academic advisor and he is doing some extra work to clear things up.  (from a friend who has one of the coaches on speed dial).   FWIW

thats just what some of the people on rivals were saying. but they didnt say it was serious just problems with 6 of them that could be cleared up. everyone that plays though should be cleared

Oregon has no issues. All players are eligible.

how would you know that :dunno:

Because it was stated explicitly in one of their latest practice reports by whatever newspaper it is that covers them.

It's all good.  He will be fine.  I heard it was a mistake by an academic advisor and he is doing some extra work to clear things up.  (from a friend who has one of the coaches on speed dial).   FWIW

If this is true then the academic advisor needs to be caned for making us sweat!  :devil:

Winning a National Championship requires a lot of things to happen. One is keeping your starting lineup in tack. Injuries hit a lot of teams. Unfortunately in our case, it sounds like academics could be what hurt us.

Personally I think it is stupid for academics to affect bowl eligibility. Apparently it's ok to sell championship rings and other gifts, but not passing enough hours is a suspension. It is the 2010 season. I know these are the rules, but its stupid.

Oregon has no issues. All players are eligible.

how would you know that :dunno:

Because it was stated explicitly in one of their latest practice reports by whatever newspaper it is that covers them.

touché.....well played :laugh:

I have to think if it's one hour he can get that completed pretty quickly. I mean they can complete a three hour class in a month so one hour would seem about a week's worth of work maybe less.

Does it seem like there is some kind of bad news or rumor that will hurt Auburn pop up almost every other day now? I logged in and check this board and hold my breath that nothing bad has happened. Seems like that has been the case over the past few months.

Just to put my 2 cents in about the 6 hour rule. 

I was on the golf team and redshirted my first year.  I took 12 hours every semester until the spring of my 5th and final year.  I had 3 hours left to graduate and that is all I had to take.  I took a 3 hour independent study.

So, I took only 3 hours my last semester and was eligible.  I don't know if the rules are different if you have already graduated etc...

Being mentioned in a couple of places that TZach may have an issue.  The reports say AU is trying to get it worked out.  Anyone know if he practiced yesterday?

I don't think everything is fine right now.  It may be later. If it was fine now, why wouldn't Chizik say so.  All other teams know by now who is eligible and who isn't.  They may be working stuff out but at this time, I don't think everybody is good to go.

I don't think everything is fine right now.  It may be later. If it was fine now, why wouldn't Chizik say so.  All other teams know by now who is eligible and who isn't.  They may be working stuff out but at this time, I don't think everybody is good to go.

I don't think everything is fine, but I wonder if the added time before the bowl has anything to do with that bit about other teams knowing by now who is eligible and who isn't...

I don't think everything is fine, but I wonder if the added time before the bowl has anything to do with that bit about other teams knowing by now who is eligible and who isn't...

Could have something to do with it.  Could also be that CGC knows more than he is saying in public because he understands the importance of not tipping his hand to Chip Kelly and the Ducks.  TZach is the first player I've seen mentioned by name by anyone other than forum trolls.

Which players are in question?

The ones whose grades aren't quite up to par.

are really starting to come out about 2 players not going to Glendale.  I hope this is not true. A coach at the school I teach at has told me that two players are not making the trip. Again I hope he is wrong. This is just a rumor, so take it for what it is worth.

I have heard several rumors of this nature. The coaching staff is so hush hush on this sort of thing. You won't know until they mae some sort of statement. Hope it stays a rumor.

A rumor has five things in common with a tumor. The foremost is that they can both be very harmful unless removed, the other four are obvious.

Man - I would hate like heck to be left out of the Championship game because I didn't do my part in the classroom.  What a ride this season has been - and then to get left at home because I didn't hit the books.  Would be a huge bummer.

Archived