US Judge Baer wants all Bush's Records

DKW 86

Link

Judge Baer was the cretin that said (paraphrased) "A policeman chasing a black man is reason in and of itself for a black man to take flight/flee from arrest because police brutality is to be normally associated with all police officers arresting black men."

Link on 1996 Baer ruling

November 22, 2002

Another Baer Mauling in NYC

Infamous District Court Judge Harold Baer has come up with another stinker of a decision:

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - In a victory for a Ku Klux Klan group, a federal judge on Tuesday ruled that a New York state law violates the U.S. Constitution by barring public demonstrators from wearing masks.

In his decision, U.S. District Judge Harold Baer held that the law violates the free speech rights of the Butler, Indiana-based Church of the American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. If the judge's decision is upheld, members of the group would be able to hide their identities by wearing hoods and masks at future New York rallies.

The city said it would appeal."

You may recall that in March 1996, Judge Howard Baer, Jr., a Manhattan U.S. District Court jurist and Clinton appointee, set off a storm of criticism when he ruled that 80 pounds of cocaine and heroin found by police in a car could not be used as evidence.

The incident in Washington Heights (a lower middle class, largely Hispanic neighborhood in Northern Manhattan) involved two New York City police officers who observed a woman slowly drive down a street at 5 a.m., double park her car and open her trunk. Four men then emerged from between parked cars and placed two large duffel bags in the trunk. When the men spotted the police officers they ran away from the car and the woman drove off. After following the out-of-state rental car for several blocks, the officers stopped the car, searched the trunk, found the drugs and arrested the woman.

In declaring the drugs inadmissible, Judge Baer said there was no probable cause to search the car because it is not unusual for people to be leery of police in an inner-city neighborhood like Washington Heights.

After the public outcry about this ruling, including criticism from President Clinton and calls for his impeachment by Senator Dole, Baer reversed his decision and removed himself from the case.

In the current case, Judge Baer ruled that an 1840s NY State statute that prohibits two or more persons from "congregating" in public while wearing masks to obscure their identities was unconstitutional. To my way of thinking, preventing anonymous mobs from congregating in our cities is hardly an infringement of political speech. The law did nothing to restrict people's rights of assembly or free expression: it merely required that they show their faces while doing so.

Maybe the impeachment issue should be revisited in the 108th Congress...

I wonder who at the DNC instructed this judge to do this? I also wonder why he didn't go ahead and make the same demand for all of Kerry's records?

I wonder who at the DNC instructed this judge to do this? I also wonder why he didn't go ahead and make the same demand for all of Kerry's records?

Kerry is a Dem and therefore they will not ask for something that can hurt ABB crowd.

The thing about it this is that Bush has already did everything he can do to get all his records released. He signed the form waiving all his privacy by letting the Pentagon release all records they could find, so this judge is wasting taxpayer's time by issuing redundant orders. Guess this judge really does good research before he gives an order from the bench huh? :roll: The liberal media keeps trying to say that Bush is stonewalling the press by not releasing all known records when he has actually done all he can do. Once he signed that form authorizing all his records released, he did all he had to do and now it is up to the Pentagon to find all records and release them.

However, John Kerry has yet and still refuses to sign that same form to have all his records released, but yet Kerry keeps lying and say they all have been released. Even the Navy is contradicted Kerry by saying that all available records have not been released because Kerry has not signed the proper release forms. The only records released by John Kerry are the ones he has himself. The mainstream media seems to ignore this fact while trying to act like Bush is making the Pentagon hide something for his sake.

I have said this before, I really don't care to hear about what either candidate did 30 years ago, but if the media is going to keep bringing it up, well they need to get their crap straight! The liberal media forgets they do not have a stranglehold on the news like the used too, because there are more options available for the public to get their info and I think the public is seeing right through the biased media and the Kerry campaign. I think the only people that are supporting Kerry are the democratic party kool-aid drinkers that will vote for their party's candidate, regardless of who it was. Sigfried and Roy could be the democratic ticket and they would still vote for them. :lol::poke:

Archived