Auburn vs Grambling

AuburnBasketball

As bad as we are as a team right now, we still sit just 1 game below .500 at 6-7. A couple of games we lost we should've won/could've won. Yes we've played an awful schedule so far with us being ranked somewhere in the 300's of the RPI. We are starting to get a little talent back with Sullivan and Armstrong returning. And we need them more than ever going into conference play, which by the way as a whole this conference stinks. We could catch someone on a bad night and knock off a few conference teams. I don't see any team oustside of Kentucky an Vandy maybe that we can't at least compete against. Basketball is much different than football. In football, most times better talent wins out. Basketball is a little different story. Talent helps but having a solid group that believes in each other, understands each other, and really gives the effort and gets after it will win some games for you. Good team defense and team offense will win out over having 1 or 2 great players carrying the load. How many teams that recruit the 1 and done types have won the big one? Those teams usually get exposed. This is a reason you've seen so many out of nowhere/where are they from/their coach is who/cinderella type of teams make it to the big dance and then make it to the sweet 16, elite 8 and such. Butler is an example making it to the title game last year. I watched Butler last year when they came to the Bartow to play UAB. This was the last game they lost all season until they met Duke. They didn't have great individual players, they had great team players. They don't recruit with the big boys of college basketball but they do get their share of talented players and surround them with quality teammates. I wasn't impressed with one player they had but was impressed with the team concept they play with. We don't have to have the best players in the nation to play AU basketball but getting the right team around the "big time talent" we do get is the most important thing. Things will get better with Barbee in charge I trust.

I've been in and out. Has Armstrong played yet?

just got in with about 14 minutes left in the second half

Was at the game Armstrong didn't play for some reason he was listed as being in on the board was at the end of the bench

Was at the game Armstrong didn't play for some reason he was listed as being in on the board was at the end of the bench

According to game report, Armstrong played 7 minutes but took no shots and had no other stats either. Sounds like they are bringing him back slowly.

According to game report, Armstrong played 7 minutes but took no shots and had no other stats either. Sounds like they are bringing him back slowly.

can u not read he didnt play it was a mistake.

Archived