CBS 'Rathergate' Producer Under Pressure

Tiger in Spain

I'm just keying in on her father's comments about her.

But Mapes' father sees a political agenda behind his daughter's work. Don Mapes, 76, was a recent guest on a radio talk show hosted by John Carlson on KVI in Seattle.

He said, "I'm really ashamed of what my daughter has become. She's a typical liberal. She went into journalism with an ax to grind, and that was to promote radical feminism."

He confessed to being disappointed in his daughter's role in the controversy. He said, "When I heard about 60 Minutes, I suspected she would be the producer of the show."

In an interview with Talon News, Don Mapes said his suspicion was because that he believed, "Dan Rather and she have been working on this ever since Bush was elected."

In commenting on the Wednesday's 60 Minutes show, he said, "It was a farce, it was fraud. I'm sorry as a father that my daughter was the producer of it."

His fatherly instinct showed through when he said, "To give her the benefit of the doubt, I believe she has been had."

But he also chastised his daughter for being intellectually dishonest.

He said, "She ought to look closer at George Soros or Michael Moore."

Mary Mapes declined several opportunities to comment for this article.

Talon News Article

The folks from 60 Minutes are trying to distance themselves from what Danny Boy and his crew at 60 Minutes 2 did w/ that faked memo story. They're starting to eat their own.

Archived